RemedySpot.com

Saturday workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Enjoy your break tomorrow, ! You certainly deserve it, and I bet your muscles are grateful! Wow.. 10 degrees! It still hasn't snowed here, though it's trying to. The sky is white and we had some frozen rain this morning, but now it's just a tad too warm for snow. Maybe tonite? I am grateful it snowed for a bit on Xmas, even though nothing stuck. It was sooooooo pretty! , in Rainy Portland, Oregon

Ya'll can have all this cold back! I'm in rainy (thankfully still to far south for snow) south Georgia in the high 20's and freezing my butt off! On the good side, I could stand to lose a little of the JLo Booty. LOL

Tonya L. -www.smellabella.comwww.trainingwithtonya.com

Re: Saturday workout

Enjoy your break tomorrow, ! You certainly deserve it, and I bet your muscles are grateful! Wow.. 10 degrees! It still hasn't snowed here, though it's trying to. The sky is white and we had some frozen rain this morning, but now it's just a tad too warm for snow. Maybe tonite? I am grateful it snowed for a bit on Xmas, even though nothing stuck. It was sooooooo pretty! , in Rainy Portland, Oregon

We're at 5 degrees right now, expecting a low of 3. Wind chill is 15 below. When I went downstairs to my basement to set up a portable heater (hubby had to do some work down there) it was at 53 degrees. That's what my workout room down there probably was too but Tony got me warm enough to workout in yoga pants and a jogging bra (I can wear shorts when I do cardio but I have to warm up with pants and a sweatshirt on). I don't really mind snow but this kind of cold weather is not my thing (and yes, I know it gets a LOT colder elsewhere, needless to say I won't be moving to any of those places until global warming heats them up more).

(who wondered as she worked out today how exercising in a less than 60 degree room might affect one's heart rate)

We have -13 right now here! Burrr... I think it got to -5 for a high today..brrrr!!!DarcyOn Jan 19, 2008 10:20 PM, nancydewolf <nancydewolf@...

> wrote:

We're at 5 degrees right now, expecting a low of 3. Wind chill is 15 below. When I went downstairs to my basement to set up a portable heater (hubby had to do some work down there) it was at 53 degrees. That's what my workout room down there probably was too but Tony got me warm enough to workout in yoga pants and a jogging bra (I can wear shorts when I do cardio but I have to warm up with pants and a sweatshirt on). I don't really mind snow but this kind of cold weather is not my thing (and yes, I know it gets a LOT colder elsewhere, needless to say I won't be moving to any of those places until global warming heats them up more).

(who wondered as she worked out today how exercising in a less than 60 degree room might affect one's heart rate)

oh ick!!!!! Where are you Darcy?

But I have to ask, why do ya'll continue to live in such cold climates? I'm just completely dumbfounded as to why someone would want to live in an area that gets so cold

where we live is our home, has been for 37 years of my life. Picking up and moving isn't so easy especially when you own homes and have jobs of 15 years. I envy those who are in the warmer climates, but this is home to us even if it is cold. :)

~**~~**~Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

We're at 5 degrees right now, expecting a low of 3.

it sounds like you're about where we're at, . Stay warm!!!

~**~~**~Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Wisconsin - Southern part..... Ick is right!Darcy

oh ick!!!!! Where are you Darcy?

Okay, I don't feel so cold now at 27 here. But I have to ask, why do ya'll continue to live in such cold climates? I'm just completely dumbfounded as to why someone would want to live in an area that gets so cold. I admit it, I'm a wuss and would move south. Actually, I did move south and want to move farther south! LOL

I hear ya! It may rain all the time here for 7 months of the year, but it's

also green and pretty, no sales tax, and quite hip and happenin' in Stumptown!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Guess I'm too much of a gypsy to understand staying in one place so long. I've lived in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Georgia, Ohio (only survived the cold a couple of months and moved back south), Georgia again, North Carolina, and now Georgia for a 3rd time. Guess I'm a Georgia girl and just didn't realize it. LOL I think I would go insane if I thought this was the last place I was going to live. I still want to move to Florida, LA, and Hawaii. My ancestors must have been nomads!

In a message dated 1/20/2008 10:49:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, tonyatrainingwithtonya writes:

But I have to ask, why do ya'll continue to live in such cold climates? I'm just completely dumbfounded as to why someone would want to live in an area that gets so cold

where we live is our home, has been for 37 years of my life. Picking up and moving isn't so easy especially when you own homes and have jobs of 15 years. I envy those who are in the warmer climates, but this is home to us even if it is cold. :)

~**~~**~

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Pretty-much our reason too. I can't imagine leaving family. All of our close family is nearby. I could never leave them!DarcyOn Jan 20, 2008 10:13 AM, <

fitgrl222@...> wrote:

~**~~**~

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape

in the new year.

tonya,

i hate the heat!! it's not that i like 10 below, lol. when it is in

the 90's here it is very humid and it makes me miserable!! whenever i

tried to start an exercise program when i was younger i would always

quit in the summer because of the heat!! now i use a fan or run

outside in the evening, duh--why didn't i do that back then??!

i've always liked snow...i'm looking forward to next winter so i can

snowshoe. never done it but want to try it out.

stacey

>

> Okay, I don't feel so cold now at 27 here. But I have to ask, why

do ya'll continue to live in such cold climates? I'm just completely

dumbfounded as to why someone would want to live in an area that gets

so cold. I admit it, I'm a wuss and would move south. Actually, I

did move south and want to move farther south! LOL

>

> Tonya L. -

> www.smellabella.com

> www.trainingwithtonya.com

> Re: Saturday workout

>

>

> Enjoy your break tomorrow, ! You certainly deserve it,

and I bet your muscles are grateful!

>

> Wow.. 10 degrees! It still hasn't snowed here, though it's

trying to. The sky is white and we had some frozen rain this

morning, but now it's just a tad too warm for snow. Maybe tonite?

>

> I am grateful it snowed for a bit on Xmas, even though nothing

stuck. It was sooooooo pretty!

>

> , in Rainy Portland, Oregon

>

Ditto. Plus, as much as I hate the bitter cold, I love the changing seasons and would miss even the extremes. In Michigan we say, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute." It changes literally that quickly sometimes. It is crazy some days, exciting and fun others.

(who is really glad to not have to depend on the weather outside for workouts)

Pretty-much our reason too. I can't imagine leaving family. All of our close family is nearby. I could never leave them!Darcy

On Jan 20, 2008 10:13 AM, < fitgrl222aol> wrote:

In a message dated 1/20/2008 10:49:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, tonyatrainingwithtonya writes:

~**~~**~

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

I hear ya . I like the seasons too. Winter is a good time to take it easy for awhile too. Summers are so fun, but so busy too!DarcyOn Jan 20, 2008 9:10 PM, nancydewolf <

nancydewolf@...> wrote:

Ditto. Plus, as much as I hate the bitter cold, I love the changing seasons and would miss even the extremes. In Michigan we say, " If you don't like the weather, wait a minute. " It changes literally that quickly sometimes. It is crazy some days, exciting and fun others.

(who is really glad to not have to depend on the weather outside for workouts)

----- Original Message ----- Fr

Hi , it's usually cold in our basement too but the furance kicked on so it was pretty warm. I usually workout in a tank top and sweat pants. My knees don't like this freezing cold weather so they ache a lot. Good thing I have Icy Hot on hand. Jen, who is cold in deep freeze Michigan along with ! Darcy Ledman wrote: We have -13 right now here! Burrr... I think it got to -5 for a high today..brrrr!!!Darcy On Jan 19, 2008 10:20 PM, nancydewolf <nancydewolfsbcglobal (DOT) net > wrote: We're at 5 degrees right now, expecting a low of 3. Wind chill is 15 below. When I went downstairs to my basement to set up a portable heater (hubby had to do some work down there) it was at 53 degrees. That's what my workout room down there probably was too but Tony got me warm enough to workout in yoga pants and a jogging bra (I can wear shorts when I do cardio but I have to

warm up with pants and a sweatshirt on). I don't really mind snow but this kind of cold weather is not my thing (and yes, I know it gets a LOT colder elsewhere, needless to say I won't be moving to any of those places until global warming heats them up more). (who wondered as she worked out today how exercising in a less than 60 degree room might affect one's heart rate) Re: Saturday workout Enjoy your break tomorrow, ! You certainly deserve it, and I bet your muscles are grateful! Wow.. 10 degrees! It still hasn't snowed here, though it's trying to. The sky is white and we had some frozen rain this morning, but now it's just a tad too warm for snow. Maybe tonite? I am grateful it snowed for a bit on Xmas, even though nothing stuck. It was sooooooo pretty! , in Rainy Portland, Oregon

I can't afford to move! PLUS all of my friends are here. Jen - dreaming of a HOT Michigan summer in the swimming pool Training With Tonya wrote: Okay, I don't feel so cold now at 27 here. But I have to ask, why do ya'll continue to live in such

cold climates? I'm just completely dumbfounded as to why someone would want to live in an area that gets so cold. I admit it, I'm a wuss and would move south. Actually, I did move south and want to move farther south! LOL Tonya L. -www.smellabella.comwww.trainingwithtonya.com Re: Saturday workout Enjoy your break tomorrow, ! You certainly deserve it, and I bet your muscles are grateful! Wow.. 10 degrees! It still hasn't snowed here, though it's trying to. The sky is white and we had some frozen rain this morning, but

now it's just a tad too warm for snow. Maybe tonite? I am grateful it snowed for a bit on Xmas, even though nothing stuck. It was sooooooo pretty! , in Rainy Portland, Oregon

I was born in Des Moines Iowa and we moved to Arlington Heights, ILL, Columbus Ohio and then finally Michigan when I was under the age of 8 which was too much for me! I like being in one place but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to visit Hawaii some day.... It's on my list of places to see/vacation in. Jen Training With Tonya wrote: Guess I'm too much of a gypsy to understand staying in one place so long. I've lived in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Georgia, Ohio (only survived the cold a couple of months and moved back south), Georgia again, North Carolina, and now Georgia for a 3rd time. Guess I'm a Georgia girl and just didn't realize it. LOL I think I would go insane if I thought this was the last place I was going to live. I still want to move to Florida, LA, and Hawaii. My ancestors must have been nomads! Tonya L. -www.smellabella.comwww.trainingwithtonya.com Re: Saturday workout In a message dated 1/20/2008 10:49:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, tonyatrainingwithtonya writes: But I have to ask, why

do ya'll continue to live in such cold climates? I'm just completely dumbfounded as to why someone would want to live in an area that gets so cold where we live is our home, has been for 37 years of my life. Picking up and moving isn't so easy especially when you own homes and have jobs of 15 years. I envy those who are in the warmer climates, but this is home to us even if it is cold. :) ~**~~**~ Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new

year.

Our furnace doesn't do much to our basement (actually our furnace doesn't do much to a lot of our house, it is over 30 years old, like the house). I use a space heater down there when I'm going to be down there not moving around much for more than a little while. I was sweating during P90 Cardio 3-4 today though, without the space heater on!

• 5 months later...
Guest guest

Hi,

I didn't really want to workout, but since I did chest and back this week doing the two Amy Bento workouts, I wanted to get the other muscles groups in before starting up with next week. I also didn't get that much ab work in so I wanted to do that... so before starting the upper body I did Body Max 2 abs. I haven't done this one too many times. I actually liked it. Its also nice to do ab work FIRST. I always forget to do it first, but for some reason I remembered this time.

I finally got my workouts planned. Now, I just hope I can stick with them since I'm doing them on my own without following someone's rotation.

Anyway, I did the combo using Amy Bento's workouts All Pump Xtreme and Slo-Mo. I did shoulders, biceps, and triceps. Here's how it went.

Shoulders

Slo-Mo- overhead press (bar bell) 30 lbs (2 sets) 25 lb (1 set)

cuban press (DB) 10 lbs ( 3 sets)

APX- upright row (body bar) 12 lb ( 2 sets)

throw backs (tubing)

Biceps

APX- biceps curls (body bar, tubing)

incline bicep curls- 12 lbs ( 3 sets)

Slo-mo- Bicep bonfire- 8 lbs (3 sets)

incline bicep curls (she used tubing, but I used 12 lb DB) 3 sets

Triceps

Slo-mo- lying tricep extensions- 25 lb ( 3 sets)

APX- kickbacks 10 lbs ( 3 sets) *should've went heavier here*

single arm overhead press (she used the tubing, but I used a 10 lb

Slo-mo- dips ( 3 sets) I did straight legs off 5 risers instead of being on the floor... and really felt that.

I really liked this combo. I felt pretty worked after each muscle group. The triceps I think I fell a little short on, but maybe I'll do this combo again and go heavier with that area.

I'll take tomorrow as my rest day and do nothing (well workout wise anyway) :)

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend.

~*~~*~Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

Guest guest

Hi ,

Nice upper body mix!

Here's a silly question - do you use a multi-disc dvd player and just

switch between the two discs? Or do you take them out manually each

time?

Or did I totally misunderstand and you the slo-mo shoulders, bi, and

tri followed by the APX shoulders, bi, and tri?

Just curious. Hope you had a nice 4th. :)

Sara

> Anyway, I did the combo using Amy Bento's workouts All Pump Xtreme

and

> Slo-Mo. I did shoulders, biceps, and triceps. Here's how it went.

>

> Shoulders

> Slo-Mo- overhead press (bar bell) 30 lbs (2 sets) 25 lb (1 set)

> cuban press (DB) 10 lbs ( 3 sets)

> APX- upright row (body bar) 12 lb ( 2 sets)

> throw backs (tubing)

>

> Biceps

> APX- biceps curls (body bar, tubing)

> incline bicep curls- 12 lbs ( 3 sets)

> Slo-mo- Bicep bonfire- 8 lbs (3 sets)

> incline bicep curls (she used tubing, but I used 12 lb

DB) 3 sets

>

> Triceps

> Slo-mo- lying tricep extensions- 25 lb ( 3 sets)

> APX- kickbacks 10 lbs ( 3 sets) *should've went heavier here*

> single arm overhead press (she used the tubing, but I used

a 10 lb

> Slo-mo- dips ( 3 sets) I did straight legs off 5 risers instead of

being on

> the floor... and really felt that.

>

>

> I really liked this combo. I felt pretty worked after each muscle

group. The

> triceps I think I fell a little short on, but maybe I'll do this

combo again

> and go heavier with that area.

>

> I'll take tomorrow as my rest day and do nothing (well workout

wise anyway)

> :)

>

> I hope you all are enjoying your weekend.

>

>

>

> ~*~

> ~*~

>

>

>

> **************Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for

> fuel-efficient used cars. (http://autos.aol.com/used?

ncid=aolaut00050000000007)

>

Guest guest

Here's a silly question - do you use a multi-disc dvd player and just switch between the two discs? Or do you take them out manually each time?

I have a DVD/VHS recorder so I recorded it all onto VHS.

~*~~*~Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

Guest guest

Very clever, thanks!

Sara

>

> In a message dated 7/6/2008 3:18:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

> sjajsa@... writes:

>

> Here's a silly question - do you use a multi-disc dvd player and

just

> switch between the two discs? Or do you take them out manually each

> time?

>

>

> I have a DVD/VHS recorder so I recorded it all onto VHS.

>

>

> ~*~

> ~*~

>

>

>

> **************Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for

> fuel-efficient used cars. (http://autos.aol.com/used?

ncid=aolaut00050000000007)

>