Wednesday workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pink Pussycat wrote:

> I spoke with Chalene a few weeks ago and for the moment she's focusing

> more on Turbo Kick, PiYo, Hip Hop Hustle, and Turbo Sculpt - her gym

> workouts.

oh! is chalene putting hip hop hustle on dvd? perhaps that was

the rumour i had heard about new workouts.

i saw some clips of it on youtube... i really doubt that i could do

it -- im not good at choreographed dance workouts -- but some other

people might think its pretty cool.

:*carolyn.

michelle,

great workout! i feel tired just reading about it!!

stacey

>

> Hi,

> This morning I did the lower body split from Slo-Mo. This was

one tough

> workout!

>

> Here's the breakdown:

>

>

> sumo squats ( 35 lb bar bell)3 sets ( still felt these in my

back. My

> shoulder blade is STILL bothering me so I decided to place the bar

bell up to

> my chest like when doing a plie squat. this worked better for me

and I felt

> it in my legs more and not so much in my back. I guess I wasn't

actually

> doing a sumo squat. Oh well.)

>

> Jefferson squats ( 1- 30 lb db) 3 sets

>

> cradle squat/side lunge- I didn't do this exercise. I replaced

it with

> calve raises and I got a great burn. wabble hack squats (15 lbs

db) 3 sets

> hammie rocker 10 lb db 3 sets glute wrap- 40 lb bar 3 sets one

leg squat

> (10 lb) 3 sets (ball)

>

> My legs are so tired right now. I didn't care for the stretching

on the

> ball at the end. I just wanted to be on the floor, but I went

ahead and

> followed her. Next time I'll ditch the ball and do my stretches on

the floor.

>

> I liked the workout, but as hard as it was, I don't look forward

to doing

> it again. lol

>

> Have a great day!!

>

>

>

> ~**~~**~

>

>

>

>

>

> **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in

shape.

> http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?

NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

>

Sorry to hear you are having problems sleeping again ? Is it maybe the full moon? More stress?

I have no idea, I wish I knew. Its very frustrating. When I get in bed I feel sleepy, but once I start trying to sleep I start feeling all this anxiety.

~**~~**~Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

You are AWESOME ! It's cold here too (15 degrees) and it's snowing! UGH and I have to go out in this crap to play volleyball tonight...I HATE WINTER! Jen fitgrl222@... wrote: Hi, This morning I did All Pump Xtreme 3-Day Split (Chest & Shoulders) I did the standing ab work but not the floor stuff. I just worked abs last night, but I can feel it quite a bit in my shoulders with the standing stuff, so I figured I'd get a little more work there. I usually never feel it much in the abs any time I do standing. I'm back to having a really rough time with sleep again. I was doing well there for a while and then bam, I'm back to having problems. I'm sure you all are sick of hearing about my sleep troubles so I'll leave it alone. But I will say this workout this

morning worked well for how I felt, time wise anyway (around 40 minutes) Here's the breakdown: CHEST: Bar bell chest press 3 sets- 40 lb Pull overs- 3 sets- 25 lb (she uses 10's and talks about how she's burning. I have no idea how she can be burning with 1 10 lb dumb bell. Now, I was frying with my 25's.) Push ups (fall down and push of step) ( I like these) set 1- 3 risers Set 2- 2 risers Set 3- 1

riser Set 4- 1 riser SHOULDERS: overhead presses- 3 sets- ( she uses tubing, but I use dumb bells. 12 lb) Upright rows (body bar) 2 sets ( I like this one too) Tubing throw backs- 4 sets of 8 and 2 sets of 4 I got a great burn with both chest and shoulders. Cold here again today, I'm so sick of it. Have a great day!! ~**~~**~ Start the year off

right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

• 2 weeks later...

That's really interesting, . I know that it takes me forever to get my heart rate up on the tmill now. I have to work much harder than I used to. I thought it was likely a good thing, but it annoyed me a bit. Didn't really want to push to get the 'red face of working hard enough' LOL I know I have to work out more intensely... I averaged 63% of my max hr today, doing Body Fusion. On the tmill, my average is often much lower.

-----Original Message-----From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ]On Behalf Of fitgrl222@...

Maintaining weight as the years pass is a constant struggle, says 45-year-old . "Every year, I just seem to see the scale going up and up with those years adding on. I'm exercising regularly. I'm eating a well-balanced diet. I feel like I should be at least maintaining. Not adding. Now I found myself with 15, 20 pounds to lose, and it just won't budge. Do you have any suggestions?" Dr. Oz thinks 's problem is that she is not pushing herself hard enough. She needs to be working out at her target heart rate, which is 140. The formula to find your ideal heart rate when exercising is 220 minus your age multiplied by 0.80. hops onto an elliptical machine for a cardiovascular workout at a level 6. Before long, she has already reached a heart rate of 140. "The fact you got there so quickly is a little bit of concern, because you shouldn't be able to get to your ideal heart rate so fast," Dr. Oz says. "You should be in better shape than that." To get in shape, Dr. Oz says needs to work out at her target heart rate for 20 minutes, three times a week.

Thought you all might find that interesting. I'll be looking at how fast my heart rate gets up there next workout.

Oh and I burned 455 calories today, I got the red face to prove it. lol

Have a great day!!

~~

Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Fantastic ! You always challenge your body and do such great workouts!Darcy

Hi,

This morning was chest and triceps with a little bit of glute work thrown in the mix. This workout used the bar bell a lot so my forearms are really screaming at me. I just couldn't go all that heavy. I knew I didn't want to since Power Hour was in the program. Its tough with lots of reps. I remembered this and even questioned if I could go with the weight I used, but it ended up working well.

Here's how it went:

Power Hour- bar bell chest press- 1 set- 30 lbMaximum Intensity Strength- bar bell chest press- 2 set- 30 lbTriceps dips- 2 sets - holding 30 lb bar bell in lap

Muscle Max- pull overs- 3 sets- 30 lb (these killed my triceps)Power Hour- Kick backs- 1 set- 10 lbMaximum Intensity Strength- Kick backs- 2 sets- 10 lbDumb bell fly's- 2 sets - 20 lbMuscle Max- dumb bell fly's- 1 set- 20 lb

Power Hour- lying triceps extensions- 2 sets- (set 1- 25 lb) (set 2- 20 lb)Maximum Intensity Strength- lying triceps extensions- 1 set - 20 lb Butts & Guts- Glute Squeeze- ankle weights- 2 sets (I almost wish there would've been one more set here)

The bar bell lying extensions were a lot because there were lots of reps between PH and MIS. Weird, but my forearms felt it the most. In fact, I didn't feel it all that much in my triceps, it was pretty much all in my forearms. Does this mean my forearms are weak? They sure felt it. It worked different with the pullovers too. I felt it in my triceps mostly and not my lats. Oh well, I was working, that's for sure lol

After the workout me and Abby went out for her little extra walk. We went just 15 minutes, but it was a very brisk walk.

The weather is beautiful.

Have a great day!!

~*~~*~

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

Hi,

This morning I did The Firm Not so tough Aerobics. This workout can be about as tough as you want it to be depending on what weights you use. For me, I was pretty low on energy this morning it felt harder than what it actually was, I think.

I tried to go as heavy as I could since I knew that would get my heart rate up there, but if you're not sure of what segment is coming its hard to determine what amount to use.

Here's the breakdown:

• the first aerobic segment from Volume 2 (with weights) • an aerobic segment from Volume 3 (with weights)• the aerobic segment with the tri-star from Volume 4 (no weights)• a step segment from Volume 6 (no weights)• a step segment from Volume 4 (with weights)• a floor segment from Volume 2 (with weights)• a step segment from Volume 6 (no weights)• the last step segment from Volume 5 (with weights)• the first step segment from Volume 5 (no weights)• a series of quick lunges from Volume 3 (with weights)• a cool down from Volume 3• the stretch from Volume 4

I burned 284 calories so not as much as I usually burn, but not bad for 40 minutes.

Off to start another day.

~**~Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Donna,

Has your little girl started Kindergarten yet? I wasn't sure when you said she started.

~**~It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.

fitgrl222@... wrote:

> That's cute about Chinook and the cows lol

he is fascinated with cows and some seem to feel the same way

about him! LOL. they run right up to the fence to see him as we

walk past the pastures. however, our neighbour doesnt think

that it is cute when chinook gets in the barn... she is afraid

that he is going to start a stampede and called me up to say so.

so, he is tied up alot of the time now, which makes it even

more important that he gets his daily walk or run. what cant he

just stay loose in our own yard??? our house sits on an acre,

is mostly fenced, and it still isnt enough for him ::sigh::

:*carolyn.

Hi!I think it is a husky/malamute thing. My DH had a husky growing up and she was always escaping the yard!

Great workout, today! I only did Ultimate Tae Bo once and had to stop at the hour mark due to interuptions. Need to re-schedule it for sure!Donna> That's cute about Chinook and the cows lolhe is fascinated with cows and some seem to feel the same way about him! LOL. they run right up to the fence to see him as we walk past the pastures. however, our neighbour doesnt think that it is cute when chinook gets in the barn... she is afraid that he is going to start a stampede and called me up to say so. so, he is tied up alot of the time now, which makes it even more important that he gets his daily walk or run. what cant he just stay loose in our own yard??? our house sits on an acre, is mostly fenced, and it still isnt enough for him ::sigh:::*carolyn.

I am glad you are feeling better

– you definitely need your sleep. I did my 4 Really Fast Miles with

Sansone this morning. It felt good to do some low impact jogging

intervals mixed in with the walking. I really felt it when I went to

stretch my quads and hamstrings. I am sure the Get Ripped workout

yesterday didn’t hurt either. Well, we are off to the beach.

I hope I can avoid burning up. I have my umbrella and sunscreen handy.

Kathy

exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ] On Behalf Of fitgrl222@...

Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008

7:36 AM

To: CatheFans ;

exercisevideos ; firmies4life

Subject:

Wednesday workout

Hi,

This morning I did 4DS Kickbox legs &

calves. I did the kickbox last night so I'm finishing this workout this

morning with the legs. I added in the calve work also.

I got a fairly good night of rest. I took a sleeping

pill and managed about 5 straight hours of good sleep. I could tell

because I felt better when I got up. My throat still hurts and still got

the runny nose going on, but as far as the fatigue I feel better.

Here's how it went.

Round #1

Warmup Squats BB 30

Squats Heels Raised BB 35

Deadlifts on Step DB 20

Round #2

Plie Squats on Step DB 30

Leg Press 14 " DB 20

Round #3

Low Plane Lunges with 4 " Step 12

Leg Press/Outer Thigh Lift 10 " 12 (2 lb ankle weights)

Round #4

Outer Thigh with Band Green band ( I just don't feel

these)

Squats BB 40

Calves

With the

calves I did each exercise twice through ( I was fried by the end)

I really like this leg workout, but I have to admit I find it a lot

easier then her other leg workouts. I don't know if I need to add more weight

or what, but I do really enjoy all the exercises I just don't get that major

burn like I do with her other stuff. Anyone else feel this way?

After the calves I decided I'd do some pushups. I'm not sore from

yesterdays chest work so I figured I'd just go down and see how many I

could do. I'm SO proud to say I knocked out 30 on my toes. I was so

happy. SO happy in fact that I forgot to do the core work I was supposed

to do after the calves lol Oh well, I'll get them in

sometime before the week is over.

Off to head to school and then walk the dogs.

Have a great day.

~**~(who's praying the allergies let up today!)

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.