RemedySpot.com

Monday workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OMG I hurt everytime I read about your workouts! Dang Gurl, you should be an aerobics instructor! I could totally see you leading a strength training class! You're very inspiring! (cardio fiend)

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds intense. How long is this split ?Darcy

Hi,

This morning I did Slo-Mo Upper Body Split Chest, Biceps, Triceps. I didn't do the abs at the end.

I really felt this workout.

Here is the breakdown:

around the world 8 lb db 2 sets- 8 lb (these burned, but I really like this exercise)

decline bench press- bar bell 3 sets - 35 lb

incline fly internal rotation- 15 lb 3 sets

push ups (staggered) 4 sets- All on toes

concentration curls 30 lb bar 3 sets

bicep bombfire 8 lb db 3 sets (I was on fire here, but I loved the exercise. Very different. There was no way I could've went heavier. And here I was thinking 10's when I first started the exercise lol

incline bicep curl- tubing 3 sets ( I liked this one too)

lying french curl 1- 25 lb

push down - tubing and towel- 3 sets - I felt these a lot better this time then I did the last time.

decline triceps pushup- 3 sets

My arms were shaky when I was getting cleaned up afterwards, so that is a good sign of some possible DOMS lol

I have total body down for next week with these workouts, but I actually think I'll repeat the splits again. I get so much more out of them.

Have a great day!

~**~~**~

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape

in the new year.

Okay, thanks . Darcy

Sounds intense. How long is this split ?

this was 50 minutes without the abs.

~**~~**~

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape

in the new year.

fitgrl222@... wrote:

> This morning I did Slo-Mo Upper Body Split Chest, Biceps, Triceps. I

> didn't do the abs at the end.

> I really felt this workout.

wow, awesome weights, michelle!

:*carolyn.

• 1 month later...

Great workout, as always ! I'm glad the standing work ended up being just enough!

Monday workout

Hi,

This morning called for Gym Style Legs. I didn't have a lot of time so I did just the standing portion (stopping after the calve work) and the stretch. To be honest, I wasn't looking forward to doing the floor work anyway.

I think this evening I'm going to do some yoga and the floor work from Pure Strength Legs, haven't done that one in a long time.

Here's how it went:

Standing Legs Barbell Squats- 35 lb2nd set 3rd set plus bonus reps- 35 lb

Front lunges w/dumbbells- 10 lbset #2- 10 lb

Rear lunges w/dumbbells- 10 lbPlie Squats w/dumbbells- 10 lb2nd set - 10 lb

Leg Press w/band

barbell deadlift w/toes elevated- 35 lbbarbell stiff legged deadlifts on high step- 35 lb

slow motion lunges w/dumbbells- 5 lb

standing calf raises

I didn't think I'd feel like I got a complete leg workout not doing the floor work, but my legs felt good and worked with just the standing work.

Have a great day!!

~~

Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Guest guest

, who would get blown over outside today with the wind we are having...

Hmm, I'd think you were here. It just about blew my hat off my head while out walking. I had to hold on to it there for a few minutes. I just looked out and my rugs are all over the yard out back.

~~It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

Guest guest

My husband had a (chubby sometimes) beagle for many years

I hope to have both my beagles for many years. I have an 11 year old and my chubby one is 8.

~~It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

Guest guest

Wow, , that's a toughie! LOL at the smiley. And a good walk outside to blow the cobwebs out - nice workout.

, who would get blown over outside today with the wind we are having...

-----Original Message-----From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ]On Behalf Of fitgrl222@...

Hi,

This morning I started the 3 day split rotation and after doing just the first workout I can tell that I'm in for one hell of a month lol And to think I'm the one that made this rotation up. Sometimes I do wonder about myself.

Here's the run down of today's workout.

Gym Style- pushups (all 72) - first 16 on my toes, the rest on my kneesGym Style- double arm rows (underhand) 3 sets- 25 lb Gym Style- one arm rows- - 30 lb ( 1 set) 25 lb (2 sets)Gym Style- Shoulder Press- (3 sets) 12 lbGym Style- Biceps bar bell curls- 30 lb ( 1 set) 25 lb (2 sets)Gym Style- Triceps dips (3 sets) these hurt and didn't really like doing them after the bicep work. Slow & Heavy- Wrist Curls 3 sets- 20 lb bar bell (couldn't do any more than one set. Had to switch to 5 lb dumb bells. My forearms just felt like rocks and they were cramping really bad.

Slow & Heavy- Super mans - 2 sets Abs (focusing on lower and side) this was a combo of HSC and MM

This was a tough workout. My forearms were the main thing that was really bothering me. After the biceps is when I started feeling that they were just really hard and crampy, so when I got to the wrist curls I was in pain so I knew I had to loose the bar bell.

After the workout I put the harnesses on the dogs and took off and got their walk in. It was a brisk 20 minutes. I don't count that as part of my workout, but any exercise is good.

We got nasty weather coming (what's new)? this afternoon so I figured while it was still 57 degrees outside I'd get their exercise in. My beagle Abby needs the walk, she's on the chubby side so I try to make sure we get those walks in as much as I can

Have a great day!

~~

Guest guest

Hi everyone. I'm down with this silly cold that my kids have all had. It's not too bad, but the cough is at the beginning, so that's odd. I'm used to being stuffed up first, and almost looking forward to the cough, as I know it's on the way out then. Stoopid viruses. :-)

So I almost took a rest day, and then decided that since I'll be missing workouts on the weekend due to a family trip, I'd best get something in. I chose Turbo Sculpt, because I really needed Chalene's cheerfulness. I skipped some of the squats and lunges, and all of the abs, so it clocked in at only 30 minutes. But get this - because my resting heart rate is so high today, I burned 206 calories! Yikes. No more for today, and maybe even a nap. :-)

, in wet, blowy Ontario

Guest guest

Oh wow, this sounds like a tough workout !!

Love the picture in my head of the chubby beagle. My husband had a (chubby sometimes) beagle for many years, she was a sweetie. Good for you taking a walk after all that too, I'm not sure I'd be able to move, at least not my upper body and that would have to come with me to walk!

Monday workout

Hi,

This morning I started the 3 day split rotation and after doing just the first workout I can tell that I'm in for one hell of a month lol And to think I'm the one that made this rotation up. Sometimes I do wonder about myself.

Here's the run down of today's workout.

Gym Style- pushups (all 72) - first 16 on my toes, the rest on my kneesGym Style- double arm rows (underhand) 3 sets- 25 lb Gym Style- one arm rows- - 30 lb ( 1 set) 25 lb (2 sets)Gym Style- Shoulder Press- (3 sets) 12 lbGym Style- Biceps bar bell curls- 30 lb ( 1 set) 25 lb (2 sets)Gym Style- Triceps dips (3 sets) these hurt and didn't really like doing them after the bicep work. Slow & Heavy- Wrist Curls 3 sets- 20 lb bar bell (couldn't do any more than one set. Had to switch to 5 lb dumb bells. My forearms just felt like rocks and they were cramping really bad.

Slow & Heavy- Super mans - 2 sets Abs (focusing on lower and side) this was a combo of HSC and MM

This was a tough workout. My forearms were the main thing that was really bothering me. After the biceps is when I started feeling that they were just really hard and crampy, so when I got to the wrist curls I was in pain so I knew I had to loose the bar bell.

After the workout I put the harnesses on the dogs and took off and got their walk in. It was a brisk 20 minutes. I don't count that as part of my workout, but any exercise is good.

We got nasty weather coming (what's new)? this afternoon so I figured while it was still 57 degrees outside I'd get their exercise in. My beagle Abby needs the walk, she's on the chubby side so I try to make sure we get those walks in as much as I can

Have a great day!

~~

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

Guest guest

GREAT job ! I bet you could beat me up LOL, Jen fitgrl222@... wrote: Hi, This morning I started the 3 day split rotation and after doing just the

first workout I can tell that I'm in for one hell of a month lol And to think I'm the one that made this rotation up. Sometimes I do wonder about myself. Here's the run down of today's workout. Gym Style- pushups (all 72) - first 16 on my toes, the rest on my kneesGym Style- double arm rows (underhand) 3 sets- 25 lb Gym Style- one arm rows- - 30 lb ( 1 set) 25 lb (2 sets)Gym Style- Shoulder Press- (3 sets) 12 lbGym Style- Biceps bar bell curls- 30 lb ( 1 set) 25 lb (2 sets)Gym Style- Triceps dips

(3 sets) these hurt and didn't really like doing them after the bicep work. Slow & Heavy- Wrist Curls 3 sets- 20 lb bar bell (couldn't do any more than one set. Had to switch to 5 lb dumb bells. My forearms just felt like rocks and they were cramping really bad. Slow & Heavy- Super mans - 2 sets Abs (focusing on lower and side) this was a combo of HSC and MM This was a tough workout. My forearms were the main thing that was really bothering me. After the biceps is when I started feeling that they were just really hard and crampy, so when I got to the wrist curls I was in pain so I knew I had to loose the bar bell. After the workout I put the harnesses on the dogs and took off and got their walk in. It was a brisk 20 minutes. I don't count that as part of my workout, but any exercise is good. We got nasty weather coming (what's new)? this afternoon so I figured while it was still 57 degrees outside I'd get their exercise in. My beagle Abby needs the walk, she's on the chubby side so I try to make sure we get those walks in as much as I can Have a great day! ~~ It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

Guest guest

I can't imagine you as a stiff, uptight mom! Perhaps you'll have another chance with your little one! Lace up those skates and roll! :-)

Re: Monday workout

Glad you got your workout in .

The skating sounds like fun. I remember when my oldest daughter would have skate night for school and I was always the stiff, uptight parent who would sit and just watch instead of getting out there and having fun too. Funny how you change (she's 22 now) I'd join in now.

~*~~*~

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

Hi,

I got up this morning feeling it in my low back and one side of my neck. Those are two places that bother me quite a bit for some reason. I don't even have to be doing anything for either one to hurt a little bit.

I decided last night that I'd suck it up and do a week of Jari Love's Get Ripped workouts. I haven't done any of these workouts in a really long time and there's no sense in letting them sit there and collect dust. I'm either going to do some of these workouts or I'm selling. So I don't think it hurts to do them at least every now and then.

I'm not a huge fan of Jari's. I think her workouts are VERY effective and you definitely feel it with every exercise. I do find Jari to be a little on the strange side with some of the comments she makes. But I guess as long as I'm getting a good workout who cares, right?

This morning I did Slim & Lean. I don't know if this one is just hard and others think that's its hard too or that I'm just not use to endurance workouts. I was sweating like a pig by the end of each exercise. Major high reps so you are getting 120% endurance for sure lol

Here's how it went for me.

I used all dumb bells and the weight amount is for both dumb bells total.

Warmup Squats 16 Squats 24Lunges 20 Alternative Lunges 20 Chest Press 24 Bent Leg Dead Lifts 24 Dead Rows 24 Push Ups Rotator Cuffs 5 Tricep Dips Overhead Extensions 10 (I did lying tricep extensions) Bicep & Hammer Curls 16 Single Leg- (I did calves instead of the single leg squats) Adductor - Inner Thighs 20 Overhead Press 16 /10Lateral Raises 16 /10

I didn't do the abs. You will probably never see me post that I did any ab work in any of her workouts. They just don't do anything for me.

I'm really glad I got this one done. The shoulders really got me and the squats at the beginning of the workout, I was really feeling it in my upper back just from holding the dumb bells. I actually felt it more in my upper back then I did my legs. Oh well, something was working. :)

Hopefully I'll survive this week with Jari. I'll put cardio in-between, but not sure what yet.

Have a great day everyone!

~**~Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

Guest guest

hey, I'll do S & L with you this week

I did S & L this morning. I'll probably do Ripped To The Core or Ripped 1000 on Wed and then I'll do Get Ripped on Friday. I think that's the way I'll do it. I haven't really planned out the workouts yet. I need to get busy and figure out what cardio to do with it. You sure do get your heart rate going with all the Get Ripped workouts. I think Get Ripped is the easiest, but I like it the best.

~**~Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

Guest guest

Her workouts are killers as far as all those reps go. I was thinking of doing a Jari or Slim Series rotation in August. Both those ladies kill me but I get great results.

--Kathy Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius. Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you? Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius

-------------- Original message -------------- From: fitgrl222@...

Hi,

I got up this morning feeling it in my low back and one side of my neck. Those are two places that bother me quite a bit for some reason. I don't even have to be doing anything for either one to hurt a little bit.

I decided last night that I'd suck it up and do a week of Jari Love's Get Ripped workouts. I haven't done any of these workouts in a really long time and there's no sense in letting them sit there and collect dust. I'm either going to do some of these workouts or I'm selling. So I don't think it hurts to do them at least every now and then.

I'm not a huge fan of Jari's. I think her workouts are VERY effective and you definitely feel it with every exercise. I do find Jari to be a little on the strange side with some of the comments she makes. But I guess as long as I'm getting a good workout who cares, right?

This morning I did Slim & Lean. I don't know if this one is just hard and others think that's its hard too or that I'm just not use to endurance workouts. I was sweating like a pig by the end of each exercise. Major high reps so you are getting 120% endurance for sure lol

Here's how it went for me.

I used all dumb bells and the weight amount is for both dumb bells total.

Warmup Squats 16 Squats 24Lunges 20 Alternative Lunges 20 Chest Press 24 Bent Leg Dead Lifts 24 Dead Rows 24 Push Ups Rotator Cuffs 5 Tricep Dips Overhead Extensions 10 (I did lying tricep extensions) Bicep & Hammer Curls 16 Single Leg- (I did calves instead of the single leg squats) Adductor - Inner Thighs 20 Overhead Press 16 /10Lateral Raises 16 /10

I didn't do the abs. You will probably never see me post that I did any ab work in any of her workouts. They just don't do anything for me.

I'm really glad I got this one done. The shoulders really got me and the squats at the beginning of the workout, I was really feeling it in my upper back just from holding the dumb bells. I actually felt it more in my upper back then I did my legs. Oh well, something was working. :)

Hopefully I'll survive this week with Jari. I'll put cardio in-between, but not sure what yet.

Have a great day everyone!

~**~

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

Guest guest

hey, I'll do S & L with you this week...I've got get ripped, S & L, and

chiselled. I was thinking about starting w/ just the get ripped for

this week and I have cardio coach volumes 1,2, and 3. Since I

haven't been doing regular workouts, I was thinking starting off w/

the easy ones for a couple weeks, and then start some kind of

rotation and doing some sort of yoga/pilates after cardio coach. It

really all depends on how much time the kids are good while I try to

get a workout in, usually only good for 20-30 minutes...

I'd love to build up to the weights you use...I don't use any weights

for the legs, my biceps are my weak link, but for dead lift and rows,

I can do 30-35 but my kids weigh about 35-38 lbs, so I lift that much

on regular basis.

>

> Hi,

> I got up this morning feeling it in my low back and one side of

my neck.

> Those are two places that bother me quite a bit for some reason. I

don't even

> have to be doing anything for either one to hurt a little bit.

>

> I decided last night that I'd suck it up and do a week of Jari

Love's Get

> Ripped workouts. I haven't done any of these workouts in a really

long time and

> there's no sense in letting them sit there and collect dust. I'm

either going

> to do some of these workouts or I'm selling. So I don't think it

hurts to do

> them at least every now and then.

>

> I'm not a huge fan of Jari's. I think her workouts are VERY

effective and

> you definitely feel it with every exercise. I do find Jari to be a

little on

> the strange side with some of the comments she makes. But I guess

as long as

> I'm getting a good workout who cares, right?

>

> This morning I did Slim & Lean. I don't know if this one is just

hard and

> others think that's its hard too or that I'm just not use to

endurance workouts.

> I was sweating like a pig by the end of each exercise. Major high

reps so

> you are getting 120% endurance for sure lol

>

> Here's how it went for me.

>

> I used all dumb bells and the weight amount is for both dumb bells

total.

>

> Warmup Squats 16

> Squats 24

> Lunges 20

> Alternative Lunges 20

> Chest Press 24

> Bent Leg Dead Lifts 24

> Dead Rows 24

> Push Ups

> Rotator Cuffs 5

> Tricep Dips

> Overhead Extensions 10 (I did lying tricep extensions)

> Bicep & Hammer Curls 16

> Single Leg- (I did calves instead of the single leg squats)

> Adductor - Inner Thighs 20

> Overhead Press 16 /10

> Lateral Raises 16 /10

>

>

> I didn't do the abs. You will probably never see me post that I

did any ab

> work in any of her workouts. They just don't do anything for me.

>

> I'm really glad I got this one done. The shoulders really got me

and the

> squats at the beginning of the workout, I was really feeling it in

my upper back

> just from holding the dumb bells. I actually felt it more in my

upper back

> then I did my legs. Oh well, something was working. :)

>

> Hopefully I'll survive this week with Jari. I'll put cardio in-

between, but

> not sure what yet.

>

> Have a great day everyone!

>

>

> ~**~

>

>

>

> **************Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up

for

> FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

> (http://www.fanhouse.com/fantasyaffair?ncid=aolspr00050000000020)

>