RemedySpot.com

Re: / weight loss

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I don't mind your asking at all. This time around I weighed 133 pounds when I started attending meetings on February 14, 2006 (my I love you present to me!). Keep in mind that I'm not quite 5' tall too so even 5 extra pounds show up on me, 10 is very noticeable and 133 was 10 pounds over my WW goal weight (which I established the first time I lose weight with them in 1985 or maybe the 2nd time in 2002). It took me 3 months to lose those 10 pounds. Eventually I lost another 15 for a total of 25 pounds in 8 months to get to where I am now, 108 (I go up and down a little and find my happy range is 107-112).

The interesting part to my story (to me anyway) is that I am a 3 time loser with Weight Watchers and had gotten to 117 (when I came back in 2002). That time I started at 147 and lost 30 pounds. (The first time I lost 23, starting at 146 and going to 123.) The heaviest I've ever been was over 180 when I was pregnant with my first (I quit looking at the scale as it went past the 180 mark and didn't look again for a long time).

Anyway, I liked how I looked at 117 better than 123 so I decided I wanted to at least go to 118 or 117 this time (I had to get back to 123 to stop paying for meetings so that's why it was my goal in the first place this time around). My confidence really grew when I got there because by this time I was 39 and didn't think I could lose weight easily anymore. At 117 I decided I wanted to try going a little lower so 115 was my next goal. That was awesome. Again, another big confidence boost (just 2 pounds but it mattered so much). Then I thought 112 might be interesting. When I made it that far, I decided I had to try to truly work my way down to at least 109, preferably 108 just to be 1 pound below the lowest I'd ever been, just to see if I could do it. See, when I was 23 I'd had upper and lower jaw surgery for TMJ and, being over 120 pounds (not sure how much over though) before the surgery, I went down to 109 because I couldn't eat any solid food for almost 2 months. (It all came back very quickly of course!) I wanted to see if I could do it with hard work, not immobile jaws, and to see what I looked like then. Finally, 8 months and 25 pounds later (from Feb. 2006) I weighed in at 108 and felt better than I had in MANY years psychologically but also physically (less joint issues in my lower body). I'll post before and now pictures soon, it was quite a transformation. My best friend told me, at about 112, that she noticed my legs had gotten noticeably leaner and that they'd still looked heavy at 117. At 108 they looked even better and not too thin either. We both agreed this is a great weight for me and much lower would be too much (the healthy range for all adults who are 5 feet tall is 102-128, according to WW).

I say I'm a 3 time loser... the first two times I attended meetings and purposely worked the program mentally, emotionally and physically only until I got to goal. Then I quit attending meetings, thinking I could do the program in my head. Maybe I could but I didn't. The weight came back both times. This 3rd time has been the charm because I stayed with it mentally and emotionally especially and physically too (still attending meetings weekly or close to it until I became a leader, now I attend as often as I can and still weigh in weekly because I need the accountability of the scale and the support, ideas and positive interaction of the meetings). I like to clarify the difference because it was my own mindset that made the biggest difference. I wanted to stay in the game and make the habits and attitudes a lifestyle and not just a goal. I am truly the healthiest I have ever been in my entire life, emotionally and physically because of the weight loss, changing my eating habits completely, better attitudes about myself and food (and my food challenges) and of course, because of my physical activity.

Anyway, that was probably more than what you were asking for but the numbers alone just don't tell the story. Thanks for listening to the rest of the story!

/ weight loss

, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you weigh when you initially started WW and how much did you lose in how much time once you reached your goal weight?

Thank you ! What an inspiring story! Inspiring because you're human and like many of us have gone up and down but are perfect where you're at now! I lost 65 lbs when I started at the gym and cut my portions in half but gained 25 of them back from increasing what I ate and drank and did less strenuous exercise, so now I'm working toward losing the 25 I gained just to get back where I was a year or two ago :/. I'm around 15 away from that point, but the good news is that while I've only lost 10-12 lbs, I have lost inches. Went down another belt loop this week so I'm psyched, and this is my fat time of the month!I'd like to lose 10 lbs by March and then anything lost after that would be a true loss. I'm a one time loser, and am hoping to make my goal so to speak! You guys have all been wonderfully supportive and I'm grateful to all who post! Metta,nancydewolf

wrote: I don't mind your asking at all. This time around I weighed 133 pounds when I started attending meetings on February 14, 2006 (my I love you present to me!). Keep in mind that I'm not quite 5' tall too so even 5 extra pounds show up on me, 10 is very noticeable and 133 was 10 pounds over my WW goal weight (which I established the first time I lose weight with them in 1985 or maybe the 2nd time in 2002). It took me 3 months to lose those 10 pounds. Eventually I lost another 15 for a total

of 25 pounds in 8 months to get to where I am now, 108 (I go up and down a little and find my happy range is 107-112). The interesting part to my story (to me anyway) is that I am a 3 time loser with Weight Watchers and had gotten to 117 (when I came back in 2002). That time I started at 147 and lost 30 pounds. (The first time I lost 23, starting at 146 and going to 123.) The heaviest I've ever been was over 180 when I was pregnant with my first (I quit looking at the scale as it went past the 180 mark and didn't look again for a long time). Anyway, I liked how I looked at 117 better than 123 so I decided I wanted to at least go to 118 or 117 this time (I had to get back to 123 to stop paying for meetings so that's why it was my goal in the first place this time

around). My confidence really grew when I got there because by this time I was 39 and didn't think I could lose weight easily anymore. At 117 I decided I wanted to try going a little lower so 115 was my next goal. That was awesome. Again, another big confidence boost (just 2 pounds but it mattered so much). Then I thought 112 might be interesting. When I made it that far, I decided I had to try to truly work my way down to at least 109, preferably 108 just to be 1 pound below the lowest I'd ever been, just to see if I could do it. See, when I was 23 I'd had upper and lower jaw surgery for TMJ and, being over 120 pounds (not sure how much over though) before the surgery, I went down to 109 because I couldn't eat any solid food for almost 2 months. (It all came back very quickly of course!) I wanted to see if I could do it with hard work, not immobile jaws, and to see what I looked like then. Finally, 8 months and 25 pounds later (from Feb. 2006) I

weighed in at 108 and felt better than I had in MANY years psychologically but also physically (less joint issues in my lower body). I'll post before and now pictures soon, it was quite a transformation. My best friend told me, at about 112, that she noticed my legs had gotten noticeably leaner and that they'd still looked heavy at 117. At 108 they looked even better and not too thin either. We both agreed this is a great weight for me and much lower would be too much (the healthy range for all adults who are 5 feet tall is 102-128, according to WW). I say I'm a 3 time loser... the first two times I attended meetings and purposely worked the program mentally, emotionally and physically only until I got to goal. Then I quit attending meetings, thinking I could do the program in my head. Maybe I could but I didn't. The weight came back both times. This 3rd

time has been the charm because I stayed with it mentally and emotionally especially and physically too (still attending meetings weekly or close to it until I became a leader, now I attend as often as I can and still weigh in weekly because I need the accountability of the scale and the support, ideas and positive interaction of the meetings). I like to clarify the difference because it was my own mindset that made the biggest difference. I wanted to stay in the game and make the habits and attitudes a lifestyle and not just a goal. I am truly the healthiest I have ever been in my entire life, emotionally and physically because of the weight loss, changing my eating habits completely, better attitudes about myself and food (and my food challenges) and of course, because of my physical activity. Anyway, that was probably more than what

you were asking for but the numbers alone just don't tell the story. Thanks for listening to the rest of the story! / weight loss , if you don't mind me asking, how much did you weigh when you initially started WW and how much did you lose in how much time once you reached your goal weight?

Thank you . I wanted to tell it for exactly those reasons. Numbers just don't say enough. I've struggled with my weight my entire life. People see me today and they think I'm a naturally thin person who has never had a weight problem or that losing the weight for me was like flicking on a light switch. It feels good when they say it, but I know so well that it just ain't true (and I always tell them so to give them hope for themselves or others).

Your noting that you've lost inches and went down another belt loop notch is VERY exciting!! Especially because it is your fat time, that is so AWESOME!! We need to be aware of those non scale victories that tell us we're doing the right thing, to keep encouraging us to keep going (especially during fat times of the month and especially when the scale isn't moving down as quickly as we'd like). From your attitude and the changes you've told us about it sounds like you're on a fantastic path! Ten more pounds by March is very doable and very healthy goal, especially with the work you're already doing.

Go go!!!!

/ weight loss

, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you weigh when you initially started WW and how much did you lose in how much time once you reached your goal weight?

Thanks for sharing your story, . It was very interesting to read.

-----Original Message-----From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ]On Behalf Of nancydewolf

I don't mind your asking at all. This time around I weighed 133 pounds when I started attending meetings on February 14, 2006 (my I love you present to me!). Keep in mind that I'm not quite 5' tall too so even 5 extra pounds show up on me, 10 is very noticeable and 133 was 10 pounds over my WW goal weight (which I established the first time I lose weight with them in 1985 or maybe the 2nd time in 2002). It took me 3 months to lose those 10 pounds. Eventually I lost another 15 for a total of 25 pounds in 8 months to get to where I am now, 108 (I go up and down a little and find my happy range is 107-112).

My guess to lose that much would be around a year, a little more.

But with each 5lb chunk lost comes a 20lb leap in confidence and motivation!

As Debbie S would say - Keep it up Jen!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

If you lost weight every single week (which is not unheard of but is not realistic to count on either) then a healthy weight loss (averaging between 1/2 and 2 pounds per week after the first 3 weeks) might take 42 - 168 weeks (so between 7 months and 42 months). This does not take into account the water weight you typically lose when you first commit to a new way of eating and exercising which might make your loss the first 3 weeks more than 2 pounds. So... I'd still say, with weeks with no change and possibly some weeks with small gains that you'd be looking at a minimum of 7 months, very possibly closer to a year or more. I was a slow loser (it took me 8 months to lose 25 pounds so less than 1 pound per week average) but the way I look at is that the "extra" time gave me more practice building the habits and attitudes that I need to make this last a lifetime. I hope that helps!

(also short in VERY cold Michigan!)

/ weight loss

YA-HOO!! Awesome about the compliments ! Have we seen a pic of you lately???? Bet you'd hear some more compliments!!DarcyOn Jan 3, 2008 2:22 PM, <

pinkpussycat@...> wrote:

I agree ! For example I only weigh myself when TOM is over, not the 12 days before!

I'm happy today. 2 coworkers, one of whom I don't especially click with (my nickname for her is Bossy if that says anything) noticed that I was really slimming down! I'm happy because when I lost the 65 lbs before the ball started rolling when people at worlk noticed.

Oddly, my folks seldom notice or remark on it.. They aren't into compliments much. Yet if I gain at ALL I hear about it!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Woo hoo! Congrats on the compliments !!

My mother was like that too on the remarks. My dad is the opposite thankfully though he used to comment on my hair all the time (that it needed to be cut or whatever) but finally gave that up years ago now. He must not have noticed the burgundy/purple in it Sunday when we got together because he didn't comment on it and I'm SURE he would have if he'd noticed. It isn't very noticeable inside but when the sun is on it you can see it. My DH really likes it (which shocked the heck out of me because he was hating even the thought of it when I mentioned wanting to do it) and my best friend, who never likes change of any sort, also loved it (of course she also loves anything purple so that helps). I might have to have my hairdresser kick it up a notch or two next time I get it colored just so it is slightly more noticeable (inside, but not to get my dad to comment!).

Keep up the GREAT work !! Compliments are so much fun and you deserve them!!!

Re: / weight loss

I agree ! For example I only weigh myself when TOM is over, not the 12 days before!I'm happy today. 2 coworkers, one of whom I don't especially click with (my nickname for her is Bossy if that says anything) noticed that I was really slimming down! I'm happy because when I lost the 65 lbs before the ball started rolling when people at worlk noticed. Oddly, my folks seldom notice or remark on it.. They aren't into compliments much. Yet if I gain at ALL I hear about it!Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Thanks !!

RE: / weight loss

Thanks for sharing your story, . It was very interesting to read.

-----Original Message-----From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ]On Behalf Of nancydewolf