RemedySpot.com

Re: New Year's Rest Day & Goals for 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

These are all wonderful goals, Donna! I really hope that most of all you can get a different job. It saddens me how you are punished because you are responsible when others slack off. You are smart and have integrity and could be appreciated more someplace else.That goes for you too, KATHY!Donna M-P wrote: Hi Everyone, I decided on a rest day today because: 1) I'm really still sore from Chest & Back and Legs - even my core is sore (probably from doing all those push-ups!) 2) I really wanted to sleep in and have one last "lazy" day before the grind kicks back in tomorrow I was supposed to do a short cardio, shoulders & arms and abs today. I may do yoga/abs tonight (if I

feel like it) and then do today's workout tomorrow or I may just tack half of shoulders & arms on to my cardio workout on Friday and call it a come-back week! I'll squeeze the ab work in somewhere, but I don't work abs all that often - I find my other workouts hit it pretty well overall anyway and Core Synergistics is up for Thursday anyway! Now - on to my Plans for 2008, and this is more for me, so I won't be offended if you stop reading! 1) Get my house decluttered in baby steps! I'm going to sign up for FLYLADY's e-mails. I need the reminders and I do like her approach of doing it a little at a time. 2) Get my kitchen remodeled and my roof replaced (two much needed projects for my house!) 3) Learn to cook Indian food (I love it and would like to make it myself rather than rely on take-out or Amy's Organic frozen dinners!) I figure I'll try one Indian meal a month and

see how it goes. 4) Write to/contact/e-mail one long-lost-friend a month. When writing Xmas cards I realized that I really should try to keep in touch more often than once per year. It is hard to find time to keep in touch so I think having a goal of one contact with an old friend a month is attainable, and if I do more - great. 5) If DD goes to Kindergarten this fall figure out what I should do with my job......this one is sort of open-ended...I may decided all is fine and stick with it or I may decide I need more training or something and fit that in. 6) Generally be more patient and carve out more time for play with my family. I'm hoping the baby step approach to housework decluttering will ultimately free me from slavery! :) 7) Attempt to make wiser and less impulsive fitness purchases in the new year. I'll join up with Netflix to curb the urge to buy something

just to try it. I may also set myself up with a monthly allowance that I can spend on fitness stuff and stick to it - need to think more on that and how to accomplish this one. 8) Keep exercising and add in yoga at leat twice per week I think that's it for now. Have a great day. Donna __________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Love the smiley cartoon! And totally agree on all counts too!

Re: New Year's Rest Day & Goals for 2008

These are all wonderful goals, Donna! I really hope that most of all you can get a different job. It saddens me how you are punished because you are responsible when others slack off. You are smart and have integrity and could be appreciated more someplace else.That goes for you too, KATHY!

Donna M-P <donna112520> wrote:

Hi Everyone,I decided on a rest day today because:1) I'm really still sore from Chest & Back and Legs -even my core is sore (probably from doing all thosepush-ups!)2) I really wanted to sleep in and have one last"lazy" day before the grind kicks back in tomorrowI was supposed to do a short cardio, shoulders & armsand abs today. I may do yoga/abs tonight (if I feellike it) and then do today's workout tomorrow or I mayjust tack half of shoulders & arms on to my cardioworkout on Friday and call it a come-back week! I'llsqueeze the ab work in somewhere, but I don't work absall that often - I find my other workouts hit itpretty well overall anyway and Core Synergistics is upfor Thursday anyway!Now - on to my Plans for 2008, and this is more forme, so I won't be offended if you stop reading!1) Get my house decluttered in baby steps! I'm goingto sign up for FLYLADY's e-mails. I need thereminders and I do like her approach of doing it alittle at a time.2) Get my kitchen remodeled and my roof replaced (twomuch needed projects for my house!)3) Learn to cook Indian food (I love it and would liketo make it myself rather than rely on take-out orAmy's Organic frozen dinners!) I figure I'll try oneIndian meal a month and see how it goes.4) Write to/contact/e-mail one long-lost-friend amonth. When writing Xmas cards I realized that Ireally should try to keep in touch more often thanonce per year. It is hard to find time to keep intouch so I think having a goal of one contact with anold friend a month is attainable, and if I do more -great.5) If DD goes to Kindergarten this fall figure outwhat I should do with my job......this one is sort ofopen-ended...I may decided all is fine and stick withit or I may decide I need more training or somethingand fit that in.6) Generally be more patient and carve out more timefor play with my family. I'm hoping the baby stepapproach to housework decluttering will ultimatelyfree me from slavery! :)7) Attempt to make wiser and less impulsive fitnesspurchases in the new year. I'll join up with Netflixto curb the urge to buy something just to try it. Imay also set myself up with a monthly allowance that Ican spend on fitness stuff and stick to it - need tothink more on that and how to accomplish this one. 8) Keep exercising and add in yoga at leat twice perweekI think that's it for now. Have a great day.Donna__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Great goals Donna! How did you do with your goals from 2007? I think I only accomplished one but it was the one I didn't expect to achieve last year so it was VERY SWEET when I did! Jen Donna M-P wrote: Hi Everyone,I decided on a rest day today because:1) I'm really still sore from Chest & Back and Legs -even my core is sore (probably from doing all thosepush-ups!)2) I really wanted to sleep in and have one last"lazy" day before the grind kicks back in tomorrowI was supposed to do a short cardio, shoulders & armsand abs today. I may do yoga/abs tonight (if I feellike it) and then do today's workout tomorrow or I mayjust tack half of shoulders & arms on to my cardioworkout on Friday and call it a come-back week! I'llsqueeze the ab work in somewhere, but I don't work absall that often - I find my other workouts hit itpretty well overall anyway and Core Synergistics is upfor Thursday anyway!Now - on to my Plans for 2008, and this is more forme, so I won't be offended

if you stop reading!1) Get my house decluttered in baby steps! I'm goingto sign up for FLYLADY's e-mails. I need thereminders and I do like her approach of doing it alittle at a time.2) Get my kitchen remodeled and my roof replaced (twomuch needed projects for my house!)3) Learn to cook Indian food (I love it and would liketo make it myself rather than rely on take-out orAmy's Organic frozen dinners!) I figure I'll try oneIndian meal a month and see how it goes.4) Write to/contact/e-mail one long-lost-friend amonth. When writing Xmas cards I realized that Ireally should try to keep in touch more often thanonce per year. It is hard to find time to keep intouch so I think having a goal of one contact with anold friend a month is attainable, and if I do more -great.5) If DD goes to Kindergarten this fall figure outwhat I should do with my job......this one is sort

ofopen-ended...I may decided all is fine and stick withit or I may decide I need more training or somethingand fit that in.6) Generally be more patient and carve out more timefor play with my family. I'm hoping the baby stepapproach to housework decluttering will ultimatelyfree me from slavery! :)7) Attempt to make wiser and less impulsive fitnesspurchases in the new year. I'll join up with Netflixto curb the urge to buy something just to try it. Imay also set myself up with a monthly allowance that Ican spend on fitness stuff and stick to it - need tothink more on that and how to accomplish this one. 8) Keep exercising and add in yoga at leat twice perweekI think that's it for now. Have a great day.Donna__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it

now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ