Guest guest

Hi ,

I'm in that boat with you, too. My eating hasn't been

very good at all - it is the snacking thing and I

must confess that mine is not totally mindless - mine

is definately an " I am stressed out, overworked,

underappreciated and I NEED and DESERVE a treat. " I

think I need to work on better treats for myself-

buying workouts is a good one, but a bit expensive.

Maybe I should gather up the discipline to say that my

" treat " is 10 minutes of doing nothing and actually

follow through by locking myself in my room and

letting h*ll break loose for 10 minutes. I think it

is exactly what I need - but something I don't do very

often.

I decided that after this weekend I'm going to buckle

down, though. I only say after the weekend b/c we're

having houseguests, so I know there is gonna be stuff

around that I want to have.

I think I " m going to go back to daily weigh-ins. I

know my weight fluctuates like crazy, but this will

help me to be more accountable. I snack on healthy

stuff, but I tend to have too much of it.

Take care,

Donna

--- nancydewolf wrote:

> The scale has gone up again... and I know why...

>

> I'm mindlessly snacking again. I don't know why, but

> I fall back into this habit too much (note to self:

> take time to try and figure out why, maybe then I

> can stop sooner and find a good substitute for

> whatever I'm getting from it). The scale is giving

> me feedback about it and I have only my little hands

> and big mouth to blame (and my disengaged brain). I

> exercise plenty but apparently I don't exercise

> nearly enough to take out what I put in too! So far,

> the P90 videos are not proving to be big calorie

> burners either (now that I have a HRM I really do

> know that I overestimate how many calories I MUST

> have burned). Since I am usually not writing down

> what I'm eating when I'm mindlessly grabbing a small

> piece of whole wheat banana raisin bread (sounds

> healthy, until you've had 4 or 5 small pieces, at

> least), a handful of raisins or a handful of

> pretzels (multiply both of those by many too) I have

> no idea how many calories I'm consuming but decided

> it must be a lot more than what I'm burning off.

>

> My own personal goal for the rest of this week (I

> started this yesterday) and next is to write down

> everything that is not a WW core food (basically

> really healthy foods, low energy density for those

> familiar with the concept). That includes the raisin

> bread, raisins and pretzels. I find that if I am

> forcing myself to write it down, I'm less likely to

> grab and go. I'm more likely to think first and then

> usually decide to grab something healthier (like a

> real piece of fruit or veggies with fat-free dip) or

> nothing at all and just DO something else.

>

> I decided to post this because (a) I know I'm not

> alone in this and others might benefit from knowing

> they aren't alone in it either and (B) so I can

> publicly declare my own commitment to myself (even

> if no one says " so , how many handfuls of

> pretzels and raisins have you had today? " I know

> others might be " watching " and that helps).

>

> Thanks for listening and even by doing just that,

> helping me pay attention better! :-)

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

i hear you on that. maybe 10 minutes to yourself to buff and paint your toe nails. i like doing that myself.got a nice block that rid of all the excess cuticles and rough edge then buffs and shines the nails. get yourself a sassy new nail color as a treat! i can't paint my finger nails b/c of work but i still buff and shine them too. if i had more money i could get a manicure but i just can't afford to spend that $25 every 2-3weeks personally but its a nice thing to have for you when you feel overworked and under appreciated. kassiaDonna M-P wrote: "I am stressed out, overworked,underappreciated and I NEED and DESERVE a treat." Ithink I need to work on better treats for myself-buying workouts is a good one, but a bit expensive. Maybe I should gather up the discipline to say

that my"treat" is 10 minutes of doing nothing and actuallyfollow through by locking myself in my room andletting h*ll break loose for 10 minutes. I think itis exactly what I need - but something I don't do veryoften. ldy_solana's domain Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like.-Will

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

nancy,

i'm sooooo guilty of mindless snacking. i stopped buying m & m's

because i was eating a small handful here and there all day long!

even thouth they were dark chocolate and kind of healthy not the

amout i was eating on some days!! fish crackers and pretzels are also

two snacks that i try to limit!!

lately i have been eating fruit and lowfat cheese. today i bought a

four pack of low fat cottage cheese. looking forward to havibg that

this week. trying to keep snacking down to 100 to 150 calories.

stacey

>

> The scale has gone up again... and I know why...

>

> I'm mindlessly snacking again. I don't know why, but I fall back

into this habit too much (note to self: take time to try and figure

out why, maybe then I can stop sooner and find a good substitute for

whatever I'm getting from it). The scale is giving me feedback about

it and I have only my little hands and big mouth to blame (and my

disengaged brain). I exercise plenty but apparently I don't exercise

nearly enough to take out what I put in too! So far, the P90 videos

are not proving to be big calorie burners either (now that I have a

HRM I really do know that I overestimate how many calories I MUST

have burned). Since I am usually not writing down what I'm eating

when I'm mindlessly grabbing a small piece of whole wheat banana

raisin bread (sounds healthy, until you've had 4 or 5 small pieces,

at least), a handful of raisins or a handful of pretzels (multiply

both of those by many too) I have no idea how many calories I'm

consuming but decided it must be a lot more than what I'm burning

off.

>

> My own personal goal for the rest of this week (I started this

yesterday) and next is to write down everything that is not a WW core

food (basically really healthy foods, low energy density for those

familiar with the concept). That includes the raisin bread, raisins

and pretzels. I find that if I am forcing myself to write it down,

I'm less likely to grab and go. I'm more likely to think first and

then usually decide to grab something healthier (like a real piece of

fruit or veggies with fat-free dip) or nothing at all and just DO

something else.

>

> I decided to post this because (a) I know I'm not alone in this and

others might benefit from knowing they aren't alone in it either and

(B) so I can publicly declare my own commitment to myself (even if no

one says " so , how many handfuls of pretzels and raisins have

you had today? " I know others might be " watching " and that helps).

>

> Thanks for listening and even by doing just that, helping me pay

attention better! :-)

>

>

>

Thanks for that idea, Kassia! Maybe I can do a facial

or something, too. My nails are a wreck and I must

confess to being a nail biter at times as well.

Hmm.... you got me thinking!

Donna

--- Kassia wrote:

> i hear you on that. maybe 10 minutes to yourself to

> buff and paint your toe nails. i like doing that

> myself.got a nice block that rid of all the excess

> cuticles and rough edge then buffs and shines the

> nails. get yourself a sassy new nail color as a

> treat! i can't paint my finger nails b/c of work but

> i still buff and shine them too. if i had more money

> i could get a manicure but i just can't afford to

> spend that $25 every 2-3weeks personally but its a

> nice thing to have for you when you feel overworked

> and under appreciated.

>

> kassia

>

> Donna M-P wrote: " I am

> stressed out, overworked,

> underappreciated and I NEED and DESERVE a treat. " I

> think I need to work on better treats for myself-

> buying workouts is a good one, but a bit expensive.

> Maybe I should gather up the discipline to say that

> my

> " treat " is 10 minutes of doing nothing and actually

> follow through by locking myself in my room and

> letting h*ll break loose for 10 minutes. I think it

> is exactly what I need - but something I don't do

> very

> often.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ldy_solana's domain

>

> Too many people spend money they haven't earned to

> buy things they don’t want to impress people they

> don’t like.

>

> -Will

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them

> fast with Yahoo! Search.

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

I think logging what you eat is a great idea. I always do better with my junk food habit when I'm writing it all down. I still don't get enough protein, but at least I'm not eating a bunch of junk because I don't want to see it written in my journal.

Tonya L. -www.smellabella.comwww.trainingwithtonya.com

mindless snacking and exercise

The scale has gone up again... and I know why...

I'm mindlessly snacking again. I don't know why, but I fall back into this habit too much (note to self: take time to try and figure out why, maybe then I can stop sooner and find a good substitute for whatever I'm getting from it). The scale is giving me feedback about it and I have only my little hands and big mouth to blame (and my disengaged brain). I exercise plenty but apparently I don't exercise nearly enough to take out what I put in too! So far, the P90 videos are not proving to be big calorie burners either (now that I have a HRM I really do know that I overestimate how many calories I MUST have burned). Since I am usually not writing down what I'm eating when I'm mindlessly grabbing a small piece of whole wheat banana raisin bread (sounds healthy, until you've had 4 or 5 small pieces, at least), a handful of raisins or a handful of pretzels (multiply both of those by many too) I have no idea how many calories I'm consuming but decided it must be a lot more than what I'm burning off.

My own personal goal for the rest of this week (I started this yesterday) and next is to write down everything that is not a WW core food (basically really healthy foods, low energy density for those familiar with the concept). That includes the raisin bread, raisins and pretzels. I find that if I am forcing myself to write it down, I'm less likely to grab and go. I'm more likely to think first and then usually decide to grab something healthier (like a real piece of fruit or veggies with fat-free dip) or nothing at all and just DO something else.

I decided to post this because (a) I know I'm not alone in this and others might benefit from knowing they aren't alone in it either and (B) so I can publicly declare my own commitment to myself (even if no one says "so , how many handfuls of pretzels and raisins have you had today?" I know others might be "watching" and that helps).

Thanks for listening and even by doing just that, helping me pay attention better! :-)

I think logging what you eat is a great idea. I always do better with my junk food habit when I'm writing it all down. I still don't get enough protein, but at least I'm not eating a bunch of junk because I don't want to see it written in my journal.

Tonya L. -www.smellabella.comwww.trainingwithtonya.com

I'm mindlessly snacking again. I don't know why, but I fall back into this habit too much (note to self: take time to try and figure out why, maybe then I can stop sooner and find a good substitute for whatever I'm getting from it). The scale is giving me feedback about it and I have only my little hands and big mouth to blame (and my disengaged brain). I exercise plenty but apparently I don't exercise nearly enough to take out what I put in too! So far, the P90 videos are not proving to be big calorie burners either (now that I have a HRM I really do know that I overestimate how many calories I MUST have burned). Since I am usually not writing down what I'm eating when I'm mindlessly grabbing a small piece of whole wheat banana raisin bread (sounds healthy, until you've had 4 or 5 small pieces, at least), a handful of raisins or a handful of pretzels (multiply both of those by many too) I have no idea how many calories I'm consuming but decided it must be a lot more than what I'm burning off.

My own personal goal for the rest of this week (I started this yesterday) and next is to write down everything that is not a WW core food (basically really healthy foods, low energy density for those familiar with the concept). That includes the raisin bread, raisins and pretzels. I find that if I am forcing myself to write it down, I'm less likely to grab and go. I'm more likely to think first and then usually decide to grab something healthier (like a real piece of fruit or veggies with fat-free dip) or nothing at all and just DO something else.

I decided to post this because (a) I know I'm not alone in this and others might benefit from knowing they aren't alone in it either and (B) so I can publicly declare my own commitment to myself (even if no one says "so , how many handfuls of pretzels and raisins have you had today?" I know others might be "watching" and that helps).

Thanks for listening and even by doing just that, helping me pay attention better! :-)

Exactly my thoughts! In fact, today I've done extremely well because of that! :-)

Exactly my thoughts! In fact, today I've done extremely well because of that! :-)

I've had a sweet tooth lately. I think it's because I'm not eating enough during the day and come home craving sweets. I've been good about eating breakfast but not so much for lunch and dinner. I also need to get more sleep. Speaking of sleep I had better go to bed and get some so that I can be "bright and bushey tailed" for tomorrow. I'm tutoring two students tomorrow (Saturday) from 1 to 2pm and 3 to 5pm. I'm shooting for 8 hrs, wish me good luck! Jen Donna M-P wrote: Hi ,I'm in that boat with you, too. My eating hasn't beenvery good at all - it is the snacking thing and I must confess that mine is not totally mindless - mineis definately an "I am stressed out, overworked,underappreciated and I NEED and DESERVE a treat." Ithink I need to work on better treats for myself-buying workouts is a good one, but a bit expensive. Maybe I should gather up the discipline to say that my"treat" is 10 minutes of doing nothing and actuallyfollow through by locking myself in my room andletting h*ll break loose for 10 minutes. I think itis exactly what I need - but something I don't do veryoften. I decided that after this weekend I'm going to buckledown, though. I only say after the

weekend b/c we'rehaving houseguests, so I know there is gonna be stuffaround that I want to have. I think I"m going to go back to daily weigh-ins. Iknow my weight fluctuates like crazy, but this willhelp me to be more accountable. I snack on healthystuff, but I tend to have too much of it.Take care,Donna--- nancydewolf <nancydewolfsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:> The scale has gone up again... and I know why...> > I'm mindlessly snacking again. I don't know why, but> I fall back into this habit too much (note to self:> take time to try and figure out why, maybe then I> can stop sooner and find a good substitute for> whatever I'm getting from it). The scale is giving> me feedback about it and I have only my little hands> and big mouth to blame (and my disengaged brain). I> exercise plenty but

apparently I don't exercise> nearly enough to take out what I put in too! So far,> the P90 videos are not proving to be big calorie> burners either (now that I have a HRM I really do> know that I overestimate how many calories I MUST> have burned). Since I am usually not writing down> what I'm eating when I'm mindlessly grabbing a small> piece of whole wheat banana raisin bread (sounds> healthy, until you've had 4 or 5 small pieces, at> least), a handful of raisins or a handful of> pretzels (multiply both of those by many too) I have> no idea how many calories I'm consuming but decided> it must be a lot more than what I'm burning off. > > My own personal goal for the rest of this week (I> started this yesterday) and next is to write down> everything that is not a WW core food (basically> really healthy foods, low energy density for those> familiar

with the concept). That includes the raisin> bread, raisins and pretzels. I find that if I am> forcing myself to write it down, I'm less likely to> grab and go. I'm more likely to think first and then> usually decide to grab something healthier (like a> real piece of fruit or veggies with fat-free dip) or> nothing at all and just DO something else.> > I decided to post this because (a) I know I'm not> alone in this and others might benefit from knowing> they aren't alone in it either and (B) so I can> publicly declare my own commitment to myself (even> if no one says "so , how many handfuls of> pretzels and raisins have you had today?" I know> others might be "watching" and that helps).> > Thanks for listening and even by doing just that,> helping me pay attention better! :-)> >

__________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping