RemedySpot.com

Re: / Neoprene

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks ! At most stores around here they're normally quite a bit more than a dollar a pound but that's what they are at Play it Again Sports regularly. I don't know if they are having a sale but I can't get there for another week and a half so I figured this would definitely work for me!

I will definitely have to look at your file! I've seen the ones with the handles. Do they make pushups harder or easier?

PHH doesn't really translate that well because each is body part specific. Since sculpt 1-2 is so upper body heavy I was thinking about doing the 2 PHH lower body workouts once a week but I'd have to do them back to back and I haven't been able to do that yet. Maybe I can now, I have no idea. I might try Tuesday though.

How totally cool about your languages and teaching experience! I have a B.A. in English with a secondary teaching certificate and a minor in Spanish. I'm also certified to teach Spanish at the secondary level but I'd be dangerous. I haven't used it regularly in 20 years and have a very hard time keeping up with understanding spoken Spanish anymore. I'm not sure I could even read novels and poetry without a dictionary close at hand anymore. That is awesome that you even taught in France!! I've heard the stories about university politics. I considered getting my PhD in English and teaching at the university level but decided I didn't want to deal with that. I also didn't have the money for more schooling anyway! :-) I think it is great that you followed your instincts to a stress free 9-5 that lets you fully indulge your hobbies, you are a success story!! :-)

I have no idea what you said in French but I'm sure it was nice! :-)

/ Neoprene

Hi !You got a terrific deal on those dumbells! Normally for the bigger weights they are about a buck a pound. Sweet! I have 15 pounders in Neoprene, but I have many kinds (see my dumbell family essay in the files section - I have an irrational attachment to all of them. My new additions to the family are 2lb weights with handles so I can do pushups with them should I be so inclined - got 'em for $5 at Target)Yeah, I would do Sculpt 3-4 next time. Clearly you sound bored and unchallenged with 1-2! Is there a PHH you could substitute as well to alleviate boredom?As for the French - my degrees are in French and Spanish, but I'm a thesis short of my Masters in French. I taught French here at PSU and Portland Community College, and I taught English Comprehension in Avignon, France. Long story. I've forgotten a lot because I don't practice enough. I mostly like to use my french for travel and learn history, but university politics both in Portland and in Avignon sickened me from working at a university. Plus you pretty much need a doctorate to teach anything besides French 1 and 2 and I'm just not into the research and papers required to do that. I prefer my 8-5 more or less stress free job and I've never worked one single hour of overtime. It allows me to pursue my hobbies which fulfill me (Fitness ;)Okay that's more than you probably wanted to know!

Á toute à l'heure!Mlle. Kraft

If you are tallking about regular weights w/out the casing, Wal-Mart is the cheapest place to get them. They had 30's there for $20 each (however they were out..grr..) I got mine for .79 a pound on sale at a different store MC Sports.

Darcy

Thanks ! At most stores around here they're normally quite a bit more than a dollar a pound but that's what they are at Play it Again Sports regularly. I don't know if they are having a sale but I can't get there for another week and a half so I figured this would definitely work for me!

I will definitely have to look at your file! I've seen the ones with the handles. Do they make pushups harder or easier?

PHH doesn't really translate that well because each is body part specific. Since sculpt 1-2 is so upper body heavy I was thinking about doing the 2 PHH lower body workouts once a week but I'd have to do them back to back and I haven't been able to do that yet. Maybe I can now, I have no idea. I might try Tuesday though.

How totally cool about your languages and teaching experience! I have a B.A. in English with a secondary teaching certificate and a minor in Spanish. I'm also certified to teach Spanish at the secondary level but I'd be dangerous. I haven't used it regularly in 20 years and have a very hard time keeping up with understanding spoken Spanish anymore. I'm not sure I could even read novels and poetry without a dictionary close at hand anymore. That is awesome that you even taught in France!! I've heard the stories about university politics. I considered getting my PhD in English and teaching at the university level but decided I didn't want to deal with that. I also didn't have the money for more schooling anyway! :-) I think it is great that you followed your instincts to a stress free 9-5 that lets you fully indulge your hobbies, you are a success story!! :-)

I have no idea what you said in French but I'm sure it was nice! :-)

/ Neoprene

Hi !

You got a terrific deal on those dumbells! Normally for the bigger weights they are about a buck a pound. Sweet! I have 15 pounders in Neoprene, but I have many kinds (see my dumbell family essay in the files section - I have an irrational attachment to all of them. My new additions to the family are 2lb weights with handles so I can do pushups with them should I be so inclined - got 'em for $5 at Target)Yeah, I would do Sculpt 3-4 next time. Clearly you sound bored and unchallenged with 1-2! Is there a PHH you could substitute as well to alleviate boredom?

As for the French - my degrees are in French and Spanish, but I'm a thesis short of my Masters in French. I taught French here at PSU and Portland Community College, and I taught English Comprehension in Avignon, France. Long story. I've forgotten a lot because I don't practice enough. I mostly like to use my french for travel and learn history, but university politics both in Portland and in Avignon sickened me from working at a university. Plus you pretty much need a doctorate to teach anything besides French 1 and 2 and I'm just not into the research and papers required to do that. I prefer my 8-5 more or less stress free job and I've never worked one single hour of overtime. It allows me to pursue my hobbies which fulfill me (Fitness ;)

Okay that's more than you probably wanted to know!

Wow! That's a great price! I was talking with the casing though. I like how those feel on my hands.

/ Neoprene

Hi !You got a terrific deal on those dumbells! Normally for the bigger weights they are about a buck a pound. Sweet! I have 15 pounders in Neoprene, but I have many kinds (see my dumbell family essay in the files section - I have an irrational attachment to all of them. My new additions to the family are 2lb weights with handles so I can do pushups with them should I be so inclined - got 'em for $5 at Target)Yeah, I would do Sculpt 3-4 next time. Clearly you sound bored and unchallenged with 1-2! Is there a PHH you could substitute as well to alleviate boredom?As for the French - my degrees are in French and Spanish, but I'm a thesis short of my Masters in French. I taught French here at PSU and Portland Community College, and I taught English Comprehension in Avignon, France. Long story. I've forgotten a lot because I don't practice enough. I mostly like to use my french for travel and learn history, but university politics both in Portland and in Avignon sickened me from working at a university. Plus you pretty much need a doctorate to teach anything besides French 1 and 2 and I'm just not into the research and papers required to do that. I prefer my 8-5 more or less stress free job and I've never worked one single hour of overtime. It allows me to pursue my hobbies which fulfill me (Fitness ;)Okay that's more than you probably wanted to know!