RemedySpot.com

Re: Friday: P90 Sweat! Cardio 3-4 and Ab Ripper 200

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That's excellent !! Getting a good workout and having fun at the same time is an awesome feeling. Good for you!!!

~**~~**~Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

see nancy no dread!!! i think that is why P90 is a such a good program b/c its nowhere near as intimidating as others out there. core strength is a hard thing to build up but consistency will get you there. plus doing that many reps is going to be tough b/c you do use quite a bit of core during kickboxing so your core may have already been fatigued from that. no shame, there are days when i can't keep up with denise austin!!! its all what workouts you have done beforehand and how your body is feeling that day. the point is you worked it to your full potential and your body will get stronger from that!kassia ldy_solana's domain Too many people spend money

they haven't earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like.-Will

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Oh yes, Ab Ripper 200 is one of my favorite add-on's, and what I like to punish

my classes with as a section of Amp'd Abs! They are NOT easy! It might even be

my favorite ab add-on of all.

Good job on doing it! You can always pause the tape for a second and take a

break if you need to, and join back in when you're ready.

I'll have to check out Cardio 3-4 sometime!

I bet your shower felt marvy!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Hi ,

Great job - note that you are light in body weight so

that affects your calorie burn - 232 may actually be

quite excellent! :)

Donna

--- nancydewolf wrote:

> Woo hoo! I did it!!! It was not as hard (or as

> boring) as I was dreading! I was able to keep up the

> same pace as Tony and the kids throughout, doing all

> the same movements. It felt GREAT!!! The music was

> better than 1-2 and the pace was quite a bit faster.

> I think the Power Yoga section was the same as 1-2

> but you do 3 rounds (instead of 2) of the low impact

> and high impact cardio work. There are only 2 rounds

> of kickboxing kicks but there is a 3rd " bonus " round

> of kickboxing punches. I really felt my shoulders

> after this (and still do). With 1-2 I didn't feel a

> need for the 2 minute cool down after the kickboxing

> and before the stretch and ab work, I usually used

> about 30 seconds to a minute of it. This time I used

> the entire 2 minutes, I definitely worked hard in

> this one. The stretch is short and then we were on

> to Ab Ripper 200. Okay, , that honestly about

> killed me! For everyone else, there are 10 different

> crunches and in this one you do 20 reps of each (at

> least that is the goal). I got through the first 6

> or 7 pretty well, doing all the reps though by the

> last few in the 7th I was in pain. For the last 3

> (which of course, are much more challenging than the

> first few anyway) I was totally fried. I did maybe

> half of the 8th and definitely less than half of the

> 9th and 10th kinds. Oh wow. I was so tired and my

> abs were just incinerated (but it felt so gooooood

> too).

>

> Here's what my heart rate monitor said about the

> workout:

>

>

> 47:26 of exercise (forgot to turn it off at end, the

> workout is only 41 or 42 minutes)

>

> 232 cal (45% fat) -- this is one of those workouts

> where I would have sworn it would have been more but

> that's okay

>

> 185 max (103%)

>

> 126 avg (70%)

>

> Time in zone (hard 143-160) 14:06

>

>

>

> Woo hoo!!! I know I worked hard looking at that

> information!

>

>

>

> Off the shower, it is getting very cold now (the

> heat is down in my house for my workout and now I'm

> definitely cooled down, gotta go turn up the

> thermostat and hit a hot shower)

>

>

>

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Hi ,

Great job - note that you are light in body weight so

that affects your calorie burn - 232 may actually be

quite excellent! :)

Donna

--- nancydewolf wrote:

> Woo hoo! I did it!!! It was not as hard (or as

> boring) as I was dreading! I was able to keep up the

> same pace as Tony and the kids throughout, doing all

> the same movements. It felt GREAT!!! The music was

> better than 1-2 and the pace was quite a bit faster.

> I think the Power Yoga section was the same as 1-2

> but you do 3 rounds (instead of 2) of the low impact

> and high impact cardio work. There are only 2 rounds

> of kickboxing kicks but there is a 3rd " bonus " round

> of kickboxing punches. I really felt my shoulders

> after this (and still do). With 1-2 I didn't feel a

> need for the 2 minute cool down after the kickboxing

> and before the stretch and ab work, I usually used

> about 30 seconds to a minute of it. This time I used

> the entire 2 minutes, I definitely worked hard in

> this one. The stretch is short and then we were on

> to Ab Ripper 200. Okay, , that honestly about

> killed me! For everyone else, there are 10 different

> crunches and in this one you do 20 reps of each (at

> least that is the goal). I got through the first 6

> or 7 pretty well, doing all the reps though by the

> last few in the 7th I was in pain. For the last 3

> (which of course, are much more challenging than the

> first few anyway) I was totally fried. I did maybe

> half of the 8th and definitely less than half of the

> 9th and 10th kinds. Oh wow. I was so tired and my

> abs were just incinerated (but it felt so gooooood

> too).

>

> Here's what my heart rate monitor said about the

> workout:

>

>

> 47:26 of exercise (forgot to turn it off at end, the

> workout is only 41 or 42 minutes)

>

> 232 cal (45% fat) -- this is one of those workouts

> where I would have sworn it would have been more but

> that's okay

>

> 185 max (103%)

>

> 126 avg (70%)

>

> Time in zone (hard 143-160) 14:06

>

>

>

> Woo hoo!!! I know I worked hard looking at that

> information!

>

>

>

> Off the shower, it is getting very cold now (the

> heat is down in my house for my workout and now I'm

> definitely cooled down, gotta go turn up the

> thermostat and hit a hot shower)

>

>

>

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Hi Donna,

Thank you!

Hmmm... very interesting, I hadn't thought about this but I can see how you might easily be right about the calorie burn... in WW you can earn "points" for activity. The activity points are based on your weight, duration of the exercise and intensity of it (using perceived exertion). Each point is about 100 calories. At my weight, and before I got my HRM and when I was just using perceived exertion, I found it very difficult to earn more than 2 points for a workout that is less than an hour long and often I don't even get more than 2 for more than an hour (again, it depends on the intensity). So that's my long way of saying this makes sense. I'm going to think more about this... thank you very much though, I'm glad you brought this up!!

Hi ,Great job - note that you are light in body weight sothat affects your calorie burn - 232 may actually bequite excellent! :)Donna--- nancydewolf <nancydewolfsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:> Woo hoo! I did it!!! It was not as hard (or as> boring) as I was dreading! I was able to keep up the> same pace as Tony and the kids throughout, doing all> the same movements. It felt GREAT!!! The music was> better than 1-2 and the pace was quite a bit faster.> I think the Power Yoga section was the same as 1-2> but you do 3 rounds (instead of 2) of the low impact> and high impact cardio work. There are only 2 rounds> of kickboxing kicks but there is a 3rd "bonus" round> of kickboxing punches. I really felt my shoulders> after this (and still do). With 1-2 I didn't feel a> need for the 2 minute cool down after the kickboxing> and before the stretch and ab work, I usually used> about 30 seconds to a minute of it. This time I used> the entire 2 minutes, I definitely worked hard in> this one. The stretch is short and then we were on> to Ab Ripper 200. Okay, , that honestly about> killed me! For everyone else, there are 10 different> crunches and in this one you do 20 reps of each (at> least that is the goal). I got through the first 6> or 7 pretty well, doing all the reps though by the> last few in the 7th I was in pain. For the last 3> (which of course, are much more challenging than the> first few anyway) I was totally fried. I did maybe> half of the 8th and definitely less than half of the> 9th and 10th kinds. Oh wow. I was so tired and my> abs were just incinerated (but it felt so gooooood> too).> > Here's what my heart rate monitor said about the> workout:> > > 47:26 of exercise (forgot to turn it off at end, the> workout is only 41 or 42 minutes)> > 232 cal (45% fat) -- this is one of those workouts> where I would have sworn it would have been more but> that's okay> > 185 max (103%)> > 126 avg (70%)> > Time in zone (hard 143-160) 14:06> > > > Woo hoo!!! I know I worked hard looking at that> information!> > > > Off the shower, it is getting very cold now (the> heat is down in my house for my workout and now I'm> definitely cooled down, gotta go turn up the> thermostat and hit a hot shower)> > > > > __________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Hi Donna,

Thank you!

Hmmm... very interesting, I hadn't thought about this but I can see how you might easily be right about the calorie burn... in WW you can earn "points" for activity. The activity points are based on your weight, duration of the exercise and intensity of it (using perceived exertion). Each point is about 100 calories. At my weight, and before I got my HRM and when I was just using perceived exertion, I found it very difficult to earn more than 2 points for a workout that is less than an hour long and often I don't even get more than 2 for more than an hour (again, it depends on the intensity). So that's my long way of saying this makes sense. I'm going to think more about this... thank you very much though, I'm glad you brought this up!!

Hi ,Great job - note that you are light in body weight sothat affects your calorie burn - 232 may actually bequite excellent! :)Donna--- nancydewolf <nancydewolfsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:> Woo hoo! I did it!!! It was not as hard (or as> boring) as I was dreading! I was able to keep up the> same pace as Tony and the kids throughout, doing all> the same movements. It felt GREAT!!! The music was> better than 1-2 and the pace was quite a bit faster.> I think the Power Yoga section was the same as 1-2> but you do 3 rounds (instead of 2) of the low impact> and high impact cardio work. There are only 2 rounds> of kickboxing kicks but there is a 3rd "bonus" round> of kickboxing punches. I really felt my shoulders> after this (and still do). With 1-2 I didn't feel a> need for the 2 minute cool down after the kickboxing> and before the stretch and ab work, I usually used> about 30 seconds to a minute of it. This time I used> the entire 2 minutes, I definitely worked hard in> this one. The stretch is short and then we were on> to Ab Ripper 200. Okay, , that honestly about> killed me! For everyone else, there are 10 different> crunches and in this one you do 20 reps of each (at> least that is the goal). I got through the first 6> or 7 pretty well, doing all the reps though by the> last few in the 7th I was in pain. For the last 3> (which of course, are much more challenging than the> first few anyway) I was totally fried. I did maybe> half of the 8th and definitely less than half of the> 9th and 10th kinds. Oh wow. I was so tired and my> abs were just incinerated (but it felt so gooooood> too).> > Here's what my heart rate monitor said about the> workout:> > > 47:26 of exercise (forgot to turn it off at end, the> workout is only 41 or 42 minutes)> > 232 cal (45% fat) -- this is one of those workouts> where I would have sworn it would have been more but> that's okay> > 185 max (103%)> > 126 avg (70%)> > Time in zone (hard 143-160) 14:06> > > > Woo hoo!!! I know I worked hard looking at that> information!> > > > Off the shower, it is getting very cold now (the> heat is down in my house for my workout and now I'm> definitely cooled down, gotta go turn up the> thermostat and hit a hot shower)> > > > > __________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Donna M-P wrote:

> Great job - note that you are light in body weight so

> that affects your calorie burn - 232 may actually be

> quite excellent! :)

hiya! also, nancy, make sure that your HRM accurately reflects

your weight, height and the fact that you are female.

:*carolyn.

Hi Carolyn,

Yep, it is set correctly, except I need to adjust the weight slightly for all the stupid snacking I did the last 2 weeks. Oh well, maybe I'll see a few more calories burnt because of it! :-)

Donna M-P wrote:> Great job - note that you are light in body weight so> that affects your calorie burn - 232 may actually be> quite excellent! :)hiya! also, nancy, make sure that your HRM accurately reflects your weight, height and the fact that you are female.:*carolyn.

Thanks !

That's excellent !! Getting a good workout and having fun at the same time is an awesome feeling. Good for you!!!

~**~~**~

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

I hadn't thought about the kickboxing already working my core too, I'm sure it did, that whole workout was quite a workout. Thanks for the encouragement!!!

see nancy no dread!!! i think that is why P90 is a such a good program b/c its nowhere near as intimidating as others out there. core strength is a hard thing to build up but consistency will get you there. plus doing that many reps is going to be tough b/c you do use quite a bit of core during kickboxing so your core may have already been fatigued from that. no shame, there are days when i can't keep up with denise austin!!! its all what workouts you have done beforehand and how your body is feeling that day. the point is you worked it to your full potential and your body will get stronger from that!kassia

ldy_solana's domain

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like.-Will

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Pause the tape??? Never! (Well, I did a few times during the cardio the first time or two I did Cardio 1-2 but didn't like having to do that.) Actually, I loved the challenge of it and now I have a starting point against which to measure my progress.

I told DH about this one and he was suitably impressed (that I'd gotten as far as I had) so that was cool too!

Thanks !

Oh yes, Ab Ripper 200 is one of my favorite add-on's, and what I like to punish my classes with as a section of Amp'd Abs! They are NOT easy! It might even be my favorite ab add-on of all.Good job on doing it! You can always pause the tape for a second and take a break if you need to, and join back in when you're ready.I'll have to check out Cardio 3-4 sometime!I bet your shower felt marvy!Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile