RemedySpot.com

RE: Statin study

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Interesting you should send this over at ths time . I was just reading "Health Saturated FAt, CHolesterol and LIpids, MCFAs anc Coconut oil by Bruce Fife out of the July/August 2012 edition of the Wellness Journal ...... that research blows the statin controversy out of the water. It is PLANT saturated fat that contributes to human triving and animal saturated fat that causes cardiovascualr changes. Somehow they havent' begun to intestivate that difference .... but coconut oils balance the HDLs & LDLs and eliminates those triglycerides to heck and gone! SKSunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com To: oregondcs From: dcdocbrian@...Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 08:44:33 -0700Subject: Statin "study"

A total crap study discounting negative statin cognitive effects while trumpeting overall "benifits". FYI. Industry marketing in the guise of science, IMHO. Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724

Guest guest

Sunny and ,Please forgive my laziness in not looking up Fife's article. I will later. But for now, what is a good daily dose of coconut oil for general purposes?By the way, There was a recent article about a female M.D. who put her husband, who had been deterriorating terribly rapidly to Alzheimer's, on coconut oil. His rate of decline slowed dramatically. He was able to function at a higher level with his ADLs. I believe it was this same article that described Alzheimer's as, at least in part, a glucose deficiency of the brain. The fatty acids of coconut oil provide an alternative fuel source to the brain. I hope my recollection is accurate. Anybody want to add or correct? Terry Petty, D.C.To: dcdocbrian@...; oregondcs From: skrndc1@...Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 09:10:48 -0700Subject: RE: Statin "study"

Interesting you should send this over at ths time . I was just reading "Health Saturated FAt, CHolesterol and LIpids, MCFAs anc Coconut oil by Bruce Fife out of the July/August 2012 edition of the Wellness Journal ...... that research blows the statin controversy out of the water. It is PLANT saturated fat that contributes to human triving and animal saturated fat that causes cardiovascualr changes. Somehow they havent' begun to intestivate that difference .... but coconut oils balance the HDLs & LDLs and eliminates those triglycerides to heck and gone! SK

Guest guest

Easing up to a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil per day would be good. Coconut oil is approx 50% medium chain triglycerides which can be used directly as fuel w/o liver processing. And, yes they can provide an alternative fuel for the brain (as can ketone bodies with adaptation to a low carb diet over time). Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724From: drglow@...To: skrndc1@...; dcdocbrian@...; oregondcs Subject: RE: Statin "study"Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 11:49:28 -0700

Sunny and ,Please forgive my laziness in not looking up Fife's article. I will later. But for now, what is a good daily dose of coconut oil for general purposes?By the way, There was a recent article about a female M.D. who put her husband, who had been deterriorating terribly rapidly to Alzheimer's, on coconut oil. His rate of decline slowed dramatically. He was able to function at a higher level with his ADLs. I believe it was this same article that described Alzheimer's as, at least in part, a glucose deficiency of the brain. The fatty acids of coconut oil provide an alternative fuel source to the brain. I hope my recollection is accurate. Anybody want to add or correct? Terry Petty, D.C.To: dcdocbrian@...; oregondcs From: skrndc1@...Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 09:10:48 -0700Subject: RE: Statin "study"

Interesting you should send this over at ths time . I was just reading "Health Saturated FAt, CHolesterol and LIpids, MCFAs anc Coconut oil by Bruce Fife out of the July/August 2012 edition of the Wellness Journal ...... that research blows the statin controversy out of the water. It is PLANT saturated fat that contributes to human triving and animal saturated fat that causes cardiovascualr changes. Somehow they havent' begun to intestivate that difference .... but coconut oils balance the HDLs & LDLs and eliminates those triglycerides to heck and gone! SK

Guest guest

Your recollection is absolutely correct. The allopaths use coconut oils intravenously for premies and those in 'extremis' , or 'ready to die'. Never could figure why it was relagated to the extreme ends of life only. Then, of course, the soybean association did it dirty marketing campaign and the country went to hell in a hand basket over the next 20 years with seriously increased rates of thyroid and skin cancers.....all due to that disturbed relationship between saturated (plant) fats and all of the polyunsaturateds. Those rates will most likely decline over the next 20 years due to people (finally !!!) getting back to rights with their oil ratios. I've been using coconut water in my morning POWER drink for the last 2 weeks solid and have had two large keratoses fall off my skin/body, spontaneously....it has done that much for me already. SunnySunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com From: drglow@...To: skrndc1@...; dcdocbrian@...; oregondcs Subject: RE: Statin "study"Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 11:49:28 -0700

Guest guest

A pretty good explanation of the relationship between food and brain function is in this link: http://www.naturepacific.com/contents/en-us/d227_virgin-coconut-oil-brain-food-prevent-Alzheimers.html

About half the article is devoted to coconut oil. The rest is devoted to things like Omega-3's, Vitamin D and B12 as well as things to avoids like grains.-- Eileen Machida, DC