RemedySpot.com

Re: NANCY - Rest days/Food

Rate this topic

Guest guest

No, I do not have OA. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) when I was 23 but had symptoms of it that were misdiagnosed from the time I was 11 or 12, possibly younger. I haven't noticed flares being associated directly with weather though some people with RA say they do. Most of my joints are affected. My knees, wrists, elbows and especially my fingers are the worst. My docs taught me when I was first diagnosed to take pain very seriously and rest when I have it so as not to cause further injury to already inflamed joints. They also told me to be as active as I can (taking caution not to overstress my problem joints though) when I'm not having pain because this would help strengthen the joints too. It took me too much trial and especially error to take them seriously on both counts, now I definitely do. This flare, if that's what it was and I think it was, turned out to be extremely mild. Motrin completely knocked out the inflammation today and I should be fine to work out tomorrow. My left knee (the one bugging me today) was the one that was acting up when I was first diagnosed (I was hiking the Jordan River Pathway in northern Michigan and had to be carried out of the woods because I couldn't walk on it, turned out to be just a massive RA flare that seemed to have been aggravated by sleeping on the damp ground the night before, no mat under my sleeping bag then). I've had many times when I could hardly walk because of the pain in my knees and hips but losing weight helped tremendously. I can't remember the last time my hips bothered me but the knees still do their thing a couple of times a year. However, they're not getting worse, they've actually improved enough that I'm actually thinking very seriously about taking up running this spring. If I can find an inexpensive pair of good shoes (in case it turns out that even with good shoes the pounding is too much I don't want to have put too much money into them) I'd really like to try.That was a pretty exciting Red Wings game wasn't it?!

Re: Jen's exercise for> Wednesday 1/09/08> > > > > great idea to take an off day. rest is always just> as important as the workouts. > > getting paid is a good thing LOL. we get paid every> other week and it a pain. i really feel for those> that only get paid by the month(i think our teachers> pay is like that). such a pain!> > kassia> > > Jen's exercise for Wednesday 1/09/08> > > > Since I worked out a lot yesterday that's all I'm> going to do for exercise today. I'm tired and need> to do my work invoices so I will get paid.> > > > > > > > > ldy_solana's domain > > Too many people spend money they haven't earned to> buy things they don't want to impress people they> don't like.> > -Will > > > >----------------------------------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them> fast with Yahoo! Search.> > __________________________________________________________Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs