RemedySpot.com

Re: - Rest days/Food

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Making pb & j for the kids used to be so hard for me (a little for the bread, a little for me, a little more for me, oh let me clean up that knife... with my finger taking the pb off it).

LOL oh my, I've done my share of that. My little girl has pudding as a snack after supper and I always manage to open the pudding cup and after I peel the top off, I lick off what's on the lid. Of course its one of those disposable ones.

~**~~**~Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Wow Donna!! What a powerful story about meeting your needs!! If you don't mind, I want to use your example for my WW meetings. What an AWESOME idea to plan your trigger food into your meal plan so that you're not only not deprived but you get to enjoy it in a healthy proportion! I like too, your comment about putting just enough on to get that taste need (and probably other sensory needs) met. I learned to do that too with salad dressings and condiments, butter, peanut butter, sour cream, etc.. I was afraid I'd be missing a lot of flavor or texture using less but found I not only didn't lose anything but in fact, I could better taste the flavors of the food I was covering up better and that made the whole experience more complex and more interesting!

Thanks too for backing me up on the rest day. It is hard to take one, especially in the middle of a rotation I'm committed to doing but I've done the same thing as you and learned lessons the hard way!

I wanted to say too... been there done that with the peanut butter, more times than I can count... ugh. Making pb & j for the kids used to be so hard for me (a little for the bread, a little for me, a little more for me, oh let me clean up that knife... with my finger taking the pb off it). Then I learned to just give myself a little bit and fully enjoy it and just let the rest go and when I did it the first time I felt so much better about myself that I wanted to be able to do it again and again and now I no longer dread making pb & j sandwiches!! :-)

Thanks Donna!!

Re: Jen's exercise for> Wednesday 1/09/08> > > > > great idea to take an off day. rest is always just> as important as the workouts. > > getting paid is a good thing LOL. we get paid every> other week and it a pain. i really feel for those> that only get paid by the month(i think our teachers> pay is like that). such a pain!> > kassia> > > Jen's exercise for Wednesday 1/09/08> > > > Since I worked out a lot yesterday that's all I'm> going to do for exercise today. I'm tired and need> to do my work invoices so I will get paid.> > > > > > > > > ldy_solana's domain > > Too many people spend money they haven't earned to> buy things they don't want to impress people they> don't like.> > -Will > > > >----------------------------------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them> fast with Yahoo! Search.> > __________________________________________________________Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Mine finally learned to open the lid herself (and lick it off too)!!

Re: - Rest days/Food

In a message dated 1/10/2008 1:43:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, nancydewolfsbcglobal (DOT) net writes:

Making pb & j for the kids used to be so hard for me (a little for the bread, a little for me, a little more for me, oh let me clean up that knife... with my finger taking the pb off it).

LOL oh my, I've done my share of that. My little girl has pudding as a snack after supper and I always manage to open the pudding cup and after I peel the top off, I lick off what's on the lid. Of course its one of those disposable ones.

~**~~**~

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.