RemedySpot.com

Vern-Work Comp MCO's

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Vern and fellow Colleagues,

I have always under the impression that these MCO’s were actually pre-determined. Meaning that the patient’s employer chose a cheaper insurance option that utilized the MCO’s. I was just disillusioned by an adjuster at SAIF. He told me that actually it’s the adjuster that makes the call for enrolling a patient in an MCO. He said that if it looks like the patient will recover quickly (3 months or so) then they don’t enroll them, but if it looks like it could go longer they will.

Not only do I feel pretty dumb, but even more angered at this absolutely unfair and ridiculous process. Not sure how this can even be legal. wow.

ph Medlin D.C.

Guest guest

Hi, doc the OCA is on it......Vern SaboeSent from my iPhone

Hello Vern and fellow Colleagues,

I have always under the impression that these MCO’s were actually pre-determined. Meaning that the patient’s employer chose a cheaper insurance option that utilized the MCO’s. I was just disillusioned by an adjuster at SAIF. He told me that actually it’s the adjuster that makes the call for enrolling a patient in an MCO. He said that if it looks like the patient will recover quickly (3 months or so) then they don’t enroll them, but if it looks like it could go longer they will.

Not only do I feel pretty dumb, but even more angered at this absolutely unfair and ridiculous process. Not sure how this can even be legal. wow.

ph Medlin D.C.