RemedySpot.com

Re: Food choices, exercise choices & weight loss

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You are so right! Deprivation and force feeding never works in the long run.

I count myself fortunate though that even as a child I always liked plain

celery!

Had some as a snack today as a matter of fact!

Am on the streetcar now but when I get home I have to tell you about subbing

tonite at the Pearl!

Frazzled,

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Food choices, exercise choices & weight loss

Just your friendly neighborhood Weight Watchers leader popping in with a message

for everyone who made a New Year's resolution to lose weight (even if you were

working on it before January 1)...

I'm seeing a lot of messages about eating celery and other stuff because people

think it will help them either lose weight or lose it faster and I simply cannot

keep my mouth shut any longer...

Eat to live. If you're just looking for foods to stuff down that you think will

help you lose weight (or lose it faster) but you're really not enjoying them

then stop now because while you might lose weight it will find you again as soon

as you go back to your " normal " eating habits. Eat what you enjoy but really

watch the portions. That's the hugest part of weight loss for most people.

Definitely try to learn to like healthy foods if you don't already. I now love

raw veggies and eat tons of them because I found a fat-free dip that I enjoy but

before I didn't eat them at all.  Don't deprive yourself of things you like

(just eat them in smaller portions) and definitely don't force yourself to eat

things you hate. I will not normally eat celery unless it is cooked and part of

something else like stew. I cannot stand raw celery even if it does turn out to

be true that eating it burns more calories than you take in. I used to force

myself to try and eat it and fill up on celery, rice cakes and water... it was

horrible and I could not do it for long. I did the " Grapefruit Diet " too even

though I despise grapefruit even more than celery. Lost some weight and then

gained it all back plus some when I went back to my usual foods and portions. If

you genuinely love celery (or grapefruit) than eat it and enjoy but otherwise,

find another (healthy) food you like better and really enjoy eating it. Work on

making lifestyle changes and developing healthy habits, including portion

control and doing activities that you enjoy. These are the things that will help

you lose weight now and especially keep it off.

Okay, off my soapbox now.

Happy (healthy) eating and exercising everyone!

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=12496226/grpspId=1705162395/msgId=41\

751/stime=1199921065/nc1=4836034/nc2=5008809/nc3=4025291>

I like eating celery and cucumbers! It's better for me to eat that than a fattening snack or seconds on supper. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't eat it. And YES, when I've weighed in the next day I have lost some weight but I'm only weighing in every Sunday from now on because I don't want to obsess about the scale. Jen Don't worry I know what to eat and how much, it's the exercise consistency and nutritional tweeking that I need to do. nancydewolf wrote: Just your friendly neighborhood Weight Watchers leader popping in with a message for everyone who made a New Year's resolution to lose weight (even if you were working on it before January 1)... I'm seeing a lot of messages about eating celery and other stuff because people think it will help them either lose weight or lose it faster and I simply cannot keep my mouth shut any longer... Eat to live. If you're just looking for foods to

stuff down that you think will help you lose weight (or lose it faster) but you're really not enjoying them then stop now because while you might lose weight it will find you again as soon as you go back to your "normal" eating habits. Eat what you enjoy but really watch the portions. That's the hugest part of weight loss for most people. Definitely try to learn to like healthy foods if you don't already. I now love raw veggies and eat tons of them because I found a fat-free dip that I enjoy but before I didn't eat them at all. Don't deprive yourself of things you like (just eat them in smaller portions) and definitely don't force yourself to eat things you hate. I will not normally eat celery unless it is cooked and part of something else like stew. I cannot stand raw celery even if it does turn out to be true that eating it burns more calories than you take in. I used to force myself to try and eat it and

fill up on celery, rice cakes and water... it was horrible and I could not do it for long. I did the "Grapefruit Diet" too even though I despise grapefruit even more than celery. Lost some weight and then gained it all back plus some when I went back to my usual foods and portions. If you genuinely love celery (or grapefruit) than eat it and enjoy but otherwise, find another (healthy) food you like better and really enjoy eating it. Work on making lifestyle changes and developing healthy habits, including portion control and doing activities that you enjoy. These are the things that will help you lose weight now and especially keep it off. Okay, off my soapbox now. Happy (healthy) eating and exercising everyone!

I agree Jen! I only weigh myself once a week and if I'm feeling fat and bloated

from pms I wait til TOM is over!

Happy to hear you made it to volleyball!

Hugs!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

That was meant for everyone, not just you Jen. If it is was just for you I would have emailed it to you privately. There have been quite a few "celery" comments lately and I wanted to point it out for everyone's benefit. Too many people (including me) do silly things for a number on the scale instead of focusing on truly feeling good (not just happy, the good energetic feeling you get from really being healthy) and I know how difficult it is to not just look at the scale too. Kudos to you for enjoying healthy foods. It took me much too long to learn to enjoy them (but I still don't like celery or most cucumbers and finally don't feel like I'm doing myself any harm not liking those because I have other vegetables instead).

P.S. Seconds on supper is not a bad thing if you are truly physically hungry and it is good, healthy food. Maybe have half a portion to start with for the seconds then see how you feel then have more if you need it. You and EVERYONE else.

I like eating celery and cucumbers! It's better for me to eat that than a fattening snack or seconds on supper. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't eat it.

And YES, when I've weighed in the next day I have lost some weight but I'm only weighing in every Sunday from now on because I don't want to obsess about the scale.

Jen

Don't worry I know what to eat and how much, it's the exercise consistency and nutritional tweeking that I need to do.

nancydewolf <nancydewolfsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:

Just your friendly neighborhood Weight Watchers leader popping in with a message for everyone who made a New Year's resolution to lose weight (even if you were working on it before January 1)...

I'm seeing a lot of messages about eating celery and other stuff because people think it will help them either lose weight or lose it faster and I simply cannot keep my mouth shut any longer...

Eat to live. If you're just looking for foods to stuff down that you think will help you lose weight (or lose it faster) but you're really not enjoying them then stop now because while you might lose weight it will find you again as soon as you go back to your "normal" eating habits. Eat what you enjoy but really watch the portions. That's the hugest part of weight loss for most people. Definitely try to learn to like healthy foods if you don't already. I now love raw veggies and eat tons of them because I found a fat-free dip that I enjoy but before I didn't eat them at all. Don't deprive yourself of things you like (just eat them in smaller portions) and definitely don't force yourself to eat things you hate. I will not normally eat celery unless it is cooked and part of something else like stew. I cannot stand raw celery even if it does turn out to be true that eating it burns more calories than you take in. I used to force myself to try and eat it and fill up on celery, rice cakes and water... it was horrible and I could not do it for long. I did the "Grapefruit Diet" too even though I despise grapefruit even more than celery. Lost some weight and then gained it all back plus some when I went back to my usual foods and portions. If you genuinely love celery (or grapefruit) than eat it and enjoy but otherwise, find another (healthy) food you like better and really enjoy eating it. Work on making lifestyle changes and developing healthy habits, including portion control and doing activities that you enjoy. These are the things that will help you lose weight now and especially keep it off.

Okay, off my soapbox now.

Happy (healthy) eating and exercising everyone!

Smart thinking (to wait) so that you don't drive yourself completely nuts!

(who's been there, done that and bought the celery when the scale said the wrong things)

I agree Jen! I only weigh myself once a week and if I'm feeling fat and bloated from pms I wait til TOM is over!Happy to hear you made it to volleyball! Hugs!Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

It felt GREAT to play again! Next week if all goes well I will get to play 4 nights! Dig this!!! LOL - it's from volleyball not from the 60's/70's! Jen pinkpussycat@... wrote: I agree Jen! I only weigh myself once a week and if I'm feeling fat and bloated from pms I wait til TOM is over!Happy to hear you made it to volleyball! Hugs!Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile