RemedySpot.com

Science-Based Medicine web site

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lyndon, The comments read like a group of 1st or 2nd year med students, doesn't it? skSunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com To: oregondcs From: twogems@...Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 19:10:02 -0700Subject: Science-Based Medicine web site

Docs:

Check this out, as well as the comments posted below the article:

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/chiropractic-neurology

Lyndon McGill, D.C.

EvolvHealth Wellness Advisory Council Member

Salem, Oregon

www.SalemSpineClinic.com

www.EvolvingDaily.com

Guest guest

I got tired of the comments. To me, it read like a bunch of engineering students

trying to figure out why something fairly simple doesn't work quite the way they

expect. Instead of accepting what is, the engineering students go on and on

about how the system is broken rather than their calculations or assumptions.

I also found it quite disheartening to read the disparaging comments about

people's families. It is true that family testimonials don't meet the definition

of a double blind clinical trial, but their observations should not be dismissed

outright as worthless.

The one good thing about all this: Dr. Carrick is generating attention. The

public could care less about Carrick's credentials. All they want to know is

" Does it work? " If a bunch of overly credentialed people can spend hours

discussing one person, that person is on to something that is threatening.

Seriously, if they really thought Dr. Carrick was some sort of looney who should

be ignored, they wouldn't have wasted so much bandwidth talking about him and

disparaging him as a person.

Eileen Machida, DC

Guest guest

Very true statement, Eileen ... he is generating response. SunnySunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com To: oregondcs From: emblacklab6@...Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 22:50:06 -0700Subject: RE: Science-Based Medicine web site

I got tired of the comments. To me, it read like a bunch of engineering students trying to figure out why something fairly simple doesn't work quite the way they expect. Instead of accepting what is, the engineering students go on and on about how the system is broken rather than their calculations or assumptions.

I also found it quite disheartening to read the disparaging comments about people's families. It is true that family testimonials don't meet the definition of a double blind clinical trial, but their observations should not be dismissed outright as worthless.

The one good thing about all this: Dr. Carrick is generating attention. The public could care less about Carrick's credentials. All they want to know is "Does it work?" If a bunch of overly credentialed people can spend hours discussing one person, that person is on to something that is threatening. Seriously, if they really thought Dr. Carrick was some sort of looney who should be ignored, they wouldn't have wasted so much bandwidth talking about him and disparaging him as a person.

Eileen Machida, DC

Guest guest

Anyone know the outcome or current status of hockey player Sidney Crosby? I thought he had been doing quite well with Dr. Carrick. Maybe not so if the naysayers are pointing his case out with their wagging tongues.I did think some of the comments were clever and even funny....sort of like a Roast. Or like our own Dr. Abrahamson.Terry Petty, D.C.To: oregondcs From: emblacklab6@...Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 22:50:06 -0700Subject: RE: Science-Based Medicine web site

I got tired of the comments. To me, it read like a bunch of engineering students trying to figure out why something fairly simple doesn't work quite the way they expect. Instead of accepting what is, the engineering students go on and on about how the system is broken rather than their calculations or assumptions.

I also found it quite disheartening to read the disparaging comments about people's families. It is true that family testimonials don't meet the definition of a double blind clinical trial, but their observations should not be dismissed outright as worthless.

The one good thing about all this: Dr. Carrick is generating attention. The public could care less about Carrick's credentials. All they want to know is "Does it work?" If a bunch of overly credentialed people can spend hours discussing one person, that person is on to something that is threatening. Seriously, if they really thought Dr. Carrick was some sort of looney who should be ignored, they wouldn't have wasted so much bandwidth talking about him and disparaging him as a person.

Eileen Machida, DC