RemedySpot.com

YCFE: General Practice 2 (Advanced, 60 minutes)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good morning!This morning I got up at 4:00 and did the General Practice 2 from the "advanced" practices in Yoga Complete for Every Body. I am still sore from Powersculpt from yesterday, esp. in the hamstrings/back of the thighs, so this is exactly what I needed, so today is an active rest day of sorts. It starts off with a pose I much needed, supta padangustasana. This is where you lie supine and with one knee bent or straight, take the other foot up and wrap the heel wit a strap to help bring the leg in closer toward your head. Part b of this is to take the leg out to one side, then part c, across the body to the other side. I was so stiff I went back and did

this section twice.This practice has the moon salutes, which I really enjoy, followed by the warrior poses though sans vinyasa. Included in this practice were quite a few variations of spinal twists and head to knee type poses. The shavasana was for the fourth chakra, heart and lungs. Nice!The beauty about getting up early is having time to cook. I'm frying up some yams and potatos in chilli oil, olive oil, and I minced up two cloves of garlic to put in it. Mmm!