RemedySpot.com

Re: Jen's review of Power 90 Circuit/Sculpt 1-2 I did on Tuesday 1/01/08

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jen, I can hardly do tricep dips, too. I've found a modification that helps me - I sit on the floor, and just lift my butt up, and that alone toasts my triceps! I can do a few very shallow dips on a step or the couch. And I do the other triceps work in workouts....I guess it's similar to my inability to do many push-ups, even though I do other, similar work with weights. Must be the body weight we are trying to lift, huh?

Great workouts lately, Jen! What a ton of energy you seem to have!

-----Original Message-----From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ]On Behalf Of from Michigan

I like this workout a lot (I do like Power 90 Sweat 1-2 better though!) I think it was my very first Beach body product I got...maybe the second after Great Bodies Guaranteed...not sure since I've had them forever!!!

I have the most problem with the tricep dips...they just KILL ME and always have....my triceps are just not strong at all. I only did about 5 or 6 of them. I'm actually surprised that I was able to do any after doing Debbie Dee's powerbelt video because her workout involves doing bicep, tricep, shoulder presses, rows etc... to exercise your arms while you are walking on a treadmill. It's a very good workout but tiring for my arms as I'm not as fit as when I did it before. SO anyway I did P90 Circuit AFTER Debbie's video so I'm very happy that I was able to do so well in P90.

GREAT job on doing ALL the pushups! Those are tough!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Jen's review of Power 90 Circuit/Sculpt 1-2 I did on

Tuesday 1/01/08

I like this workout a lot (I do like Power 90 Sweat 1-2 better though!) 

I think it was my very first Beach body product I got...maybe the second after

Great Bodies Guaranteed...not sure since I've had them forever!!!

Anyway, I was able to do all of the pushups...don't know how but I did

them.   They are still very challenging to me so I'm not moving on to 3-4 until

my rotation calls for that to happen.

I have the most problem with the tricep dips...they just KILL ME and

always have....my triceps are just not strong at all.  I only did about 5 or 6

of them.  I'm actually surprised that I was able to do any after doing Debbie

Dee's powerbelt video because her workout involves doing bicep, tricep, shoulder

presses, rows etc... to exercise your arms while you are walking on a

treadmill.  It's a very good workout but tiring for my arms as I'm not as fit as

when I did it before.  SO anyway I did P90 Circuit AFTER Debbie's video so I'm

very happy that I was able to do so well in P90.

I used 5s for most of the workout but for the biceps I used 8s.  It didn't

bother me that Tony doesn't suggest weights or tell what others are using

because I would rather decide for myself.  I think that video (I have the

videotape) was designed so that any level exerciser can do it and that maybe why

Tony didn't include the amount of weights used.

Well that's all I can think of right now,

Jen

from Michigan wrote:

> * Anyway, I was able to do all of the pushups...don't know how but

> I did them.

jen! this is fantastic! i am so thrilled to be reading about your

workouts each day and hearing you succeed !!!

good going on the pushups and tricep dips!!! just keep trying to

crank them out, push yourself to do just one more when you feel like

stopping, and before you know it you will be doing lots of reps!! i

am so very proud of you!! go jen go !!!!

:*carolyn.

Hi , the one where you sit on the floor and do the tricep lifts are even harder for me. I just weigh too much for my little arms and hands to lift. I'm sure when I lose more weight I will be able to do a better job at the tricep dips and lifts. I think I will try using my Austin pilates bar on the floor and try doing the lifts like that...maybe that will work for me. Jen Stuparyk wrote: Jen, I can hardly do tricep dips, too. I've found a modification that helps me - I sit on the floor, and just lift my butt up, and that alone toasts my triceps! I can do a few very shallow dips on a step or the couch. And I do the other triceps work in workouts....I guess it's similar to my inability to do many push-ups, even though I do other, similar work with weights. Must be the body weight we are trying to lift, huh? Great workouts lately, Jen! What a ton of energy you seem to have! -----Original Message-----From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ]On Behalf Of from Michigan I like this workout a lot (I do like Power 90 Sweat 1-2 better though!) I think it was my very first Beach body product I got...maybe the second after Great Bodies Guaranteed...not sure since I've had them forever!!! I have the most problem with the tricep dips...they just KILL ME and always have....my triceps are just not strong at all. I only did about 5 or 6 of them. I'm actually surprised that I was able to do any after doing Debbie Dee's powerbelt video because her workout involves doing bicep, tricep, shoulder presses, rows etc... to exercise your arms while you are walking on a treadmill. It's a very good workout but tiring for my arms as I'm not as fit as when I did it before. SO anyway I did P90 Circuit AFTER Debbie's video so I'm very happy that I was able to do so well in P90.

The overhead extensions are good to do instead but that workout all ready does them and I would rather try to do the dips or use Austin's pilates bar on the floor. Jen pinkpussycat@... wrote: I agree,

because I'm heavy the triceps dips hurt my wrists. I just do overhead extensions as a substitutionSent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

I followed Debbie and did them on my knees...that's still good right??? Jen pinkpussycat@... wrote: GREAT job on doing ALL the pushups! Those are tough!Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile Jen's review of Power 90 Circuit/Sculpt 1-2 I did on Tuesday 1/01/08 I like this

workout a lot (I do like Power 90 Sweat 1-2 better though!) I think it was my very first Beach body product I got...maybe the second after Great Bodies Guaranteed...not sure since I've had them forever!!! Anyway, I was able to do all of the pushups...don't know how but I did them. They are still very challenging to me so I'm not moving on to 3-4 until my rotation calls for that to happen. I have the most problem with the tricep dips...they just KILL ME and always have....my triceps are just not strong at all. I only did about 5 or 6 of them. I'm actually surprised that I was able to do any after doing Debbie Dee's powerbelt video because her workout involves doing bicep, tricep, shoulder presses, rows etc... to exercise your arms while you are walking on a treadmill. It's a very good workout but tiring for my arms as I'm not as

fit as when I did it before. SO anyway I did P90 Circuit AFTER Debbie's video so I'm very happy that I was able to do so well in P90. I used 5s for most of the workout but for the biceps I used 8s. It didn't bother me that Tony doesn't suggest weights or tell what others are using because I would rather decide for myself. I think that video (I have the videotape) was designed so that any level exerciser can do it and that maybe why Tony didn't include the amount of weights used. Well that's all I can think of right now, Jen

Thanks Carolyn! I did the pushups on my knees but forced myself to do them. I tricep dips are hard because I just weigh too much right now but I'm going to keep trying to do them and maybe try using my Austin Pilates bar to see if i can do them with that. Jen Festival City Concrete/ & Carolyn Visser wrote: from Michigan wrote:> * Anyway, I was able to do all of the pushups...don't know how but > I did them. jen! this is fantastic! i am so thrilled to be reading about your workouts each day and hearing you succeed !!!good going on the pushups and tricep dips!!! just keep trying to crank them out, push yourself to do just one more when you feel like stopping, and before you know it you will be doing lots of reps!! i am so very proud of you!! go jen go !!!!:*carolyn.

I do them with my knees bent (I don't use my feet to push) but they are still hard for me to do. I weigh almost a hundred pounds more than you so that's a lot to lift. Jen nancydewolf wrote: Does it make it any easier if you do them with your legs bent (instead of out straight)? Of course, when I bend mine, I also am more likely to use my feet for assist so I force myself to keep them straight and all I can say is OUCH! I don't weigh very much but they are still REALLY difficult for me too! Re: Jen's review of Power 90

Circuit/Sculpt 1-2 I did on Tuesday 1/01/08 I agree, because I'm heavy the triceps dips hurt my wrists. I just do overhead extensions as a substitutionSent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Of course! Modifications always count! I hurt my knee doing lunges in RIU and will have to modify them next week. You're doing great, Jen!! from Michigan wrote: I followed Debbie and did them on my knees...that's still good right??? Jen pinkpussycatpinkpussycatscorner wrote: GREAT job on doing ALL the pushups! Those are tough!Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile Jen's review of Power 90 Circuit/Sculpt 1-2 I did on Tuesday 1/01/08 I like this workout a lot (I do like Power 90 Sweat 1-2 better though!) I think it was my very first Beach body product I got...maybe the second after Great Bodies Guaranteed...not sure since I've had them forever!!! Anyway, I was able to do all of the pushups...don't

know how but I did them. They are still very challenging to me so I'm not moving on to 3-4 until my rotation calls for that to happen. I have the most problem with the tricep dips...they just KILL ME and always have....my triceps are just not strong at all. I only did about 5 or 6 of them. I'm actually surprised that I was able to do any after doing Debbie Dee's powerbelt video because her workout involves doing bicep, tricep, shoulder presses, rows etc... to exercise your arms while you are walking on a treadmill. It's a very good workout but tiring for my arms as I'm not as fit as when I did it before. SO anyway I did P90 Circuit AFTER Debbie's video so I'm very happy that I was able to do so well in P90. I used 5s for most of the workout but for the biceps I used 8s. It didn't bother me that Tony doesn't suggest weights or tell what

others are using because I would rather decide for myself. I think that video (I have the videotape) was designed so that any level exerciser can do it and that maybe why Tony didn't include the amount of weights used. Well that's all I can think of right now, Jen

Did you come down too far in the lunge or did you over-extend your planted knee beyond your ankle? You should know better girly! Take care of yourself and "don't be stupid" as Shania says I am very careful when I do lunges, I don't come down very far because I don't trust my knees to help me back up and I definately don't go past my ankle! Be good and be SAFE! Jen Pink Pussycat wrote: Of course! Modifications always count! I hurt my knee doing lunges in RIU and will have to modify them next week. You're doing great, Jen!! from Michigan <volleyjen0416> wrote: I followed Debbie and did them on my knees...that's still good right??? Jen pinkpussycatpinkpussycatscorner wrote: GREAT job on doing ALL the pushups! Those are tough!Sent via BlackBerry from

T-Mobile Jen's review of Power 90

Circuit/Sculpt 1-2 I did on Tuesday 1/01/08 I like this workout a lot (I do like Power 90 Sweat 1-2 better though!) I think it was my very first Beach body product I got...maybe the second after Great Bodies Guaranteed...not sure since I've had them forever!!! Anyway, I was able to do all of the pushups...don't know how but I did them. They are still very challenging to me so I'm not moving on to 3-4 until my rotation calls for that to happen. I have the most problem with the tricep dips...they just KILL ME and always have....my triceps are just not strong at all. I only did about 5 or 6 of them. I'm actually surprised that I was able to do any after doing Debbie Dee's powerbelt video because her workout involves doing bicep, tricep, shoulder presses, rows etc... to

exercise your arms while you are walking on a treadmill. It's a very good workout but tiring for my arms as I'm not as fit as when I did it before. SO anyway I did P90 Circuit AFTER Debbie's video so I'm very happy that I was able to do so well in P90. I used 5s for most of the workout but for the biceps I used 8s. It didn't bother me that Tony doesn't suggest weights or tell what others are using because I would rather decide for myself. I think that video (I have the videotape) was designed so that any level exerciser can do it and that maybe why Tony didn't include the amount of weights used. Well that's all I can think of right now, Jen

Hey Sweetie, thanks! Yeah I have sensitive feet and sometimes sensitive knees. Even when I climb the 20 flights of stairs sometimes my knees "twang" on the way down. As soon as that happens I lay off stairs and lunges and I can't do Step classes/workouts either when my knees are zingy. No worries, when I do Ramp It Up on Monday Im going to do bicep curls w/15 lbs dumbells on the dyna disks which will work the upper and lower body simultaneously. In a week or so I should be back to lunging :) It's going to take me a loooooong time to get through all the SS stuff. After Burn It Up there's like 6 or 7 others, then there's the express stuff too. That's okay, I really would like to get through them all and get good

at them just to say I did. It's just gonna have to be at my own pace. I'm shooting for 3x a week next week but it depends on Turbo Kick and other gym commitments. I know I'm doing Aqua Aerobics next Tuesday, for example. I'm thrilled you might be doing Ramp It Up with me next week! We can compare notes! Vennitta? Where are you Girl? How's your SS experience so far? Hugs,

Just as long as you are careful my friend. I have bad knees and I don't want your knees to get any worse. I have bad feet too - arthritis, bunions, calluses...fun fun fun NOT! Yeah, I would just skip the last 3 days of SIU but I want to say that I did the SI6 in order just one time in my life! I actually like RIU but the leg exercises are killers...I think I will lean against a chair and spare killing my knees for a change.... I should start RIU by Friday, if I don't flake out and skip a workout! Take care, Jen Where is V??? did she disappear? Pink Pussycat wrote: Hey Sweetie, thanks! Yeah I have sensitive feet and sometimes sensitive knees. Even when I climb the 20 flights of stairs sometimes my knees "twang" on the way down. As soon as that happens I lay off stairs and lunges and I can't do Step classes/workouts either when my knees are zingy. No worries, when I do Ramp It Up on Monday Im going to do bicep curls w/15 lbs dumbells on the dyna disks which will work the upper and lower body simultaneously. In a week or so I should be back to lunging :) It's going to take me a loooooong time to get through all the SS stuff. After Burn It Up there's like 6 or 7 others, then there's the express stuff too. That's okay, I really would like to get through them all and get good at them just to say I did. It's just gonna have to be at my own pace. I'm

shooting for 3x a week next week but it depends on Turbo Kick and other gym commitments. I know I'm doing Aqua Aerobics next Tuesday, for example. I'm thrilled you might be doing Ramp It Up with me next week! We can compare notes! Vennitta? Where are you Girl? How's your SS experience so far? Hugs,

That sounds GREAT to me!

Jen's review of Power 90 Circuit/Sculpt 1-2 I did on Tuesday 1/01/08 I like this workout a lot (I do like Power 90 Sweat 1-2 better though!) I think it was my very first Beach body product I got...maybe the second after Great Bodies Guaranteed...not sure since I've had them forever!!! Anyway, I was able to do all of the pushups...don't know how but I did them. They are still very challenging to me so I'm not moving on to 3-4 until my rotation calls for that to happen. I have the most problem with the tricep dips...they just KILL ME and always have....my triceps are just not strong at all. I only did about 5 or 6 of them. I'm actually surprised that I was able to do any after doing Debbie Dee's powerbelt video because her workout involves doing bicep, tricep, shoulder presses, rows etc... to exercise your arms while you are walking on a treadmill. It's a very good workout but tiring for my arms as I'm not as fit as when I did it before. SO anyway I did P90 Circuit AFTER Debbie's video so I'm very happy that I was able to do so well in P90. I used 5s for most of the workout but for the biceps I used 8s. It didn't bother me that Tony doesn't suggest weights or tell what others are using because I would rather decide for myself. I think that video (I have the videotape) was designed so that any level exerciser can do it and that maybe why Tony didn't include the amount of weights used. Well that's all I can think of right now, Jen

• 2 weeks later...

Triceps dips tweak my fussy shoulder, when I did my P90 rotation I either dd French presses, triceps push-ups, triceps kickbacks or lying triceps work.VennittaOn Jan 3, 2008 10:19 AM, <

pinkpussycat@...> wrote:

I agree, because I'm heavy the triceps dips hurt my wrists. I just do overhead extensions as a substitution

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

_

-- Get Fit! Weight loss will follow