RemedySpot.com

Transform Yourself with Jivamukti Yoga + rambling

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OMG this is... different! I'm watching it now. First I watched the introduction and both Life and Sharon Gannon speak s-l-o-w-l-y to you, like you're an imbecile. A really interesting feature of this dvd is that you can do the practice led by 's voice, or you can do it with ! This is a more new-agey yoga practice, which I really like. If these guys had their own ashram someplace I wouldn't be surprised. Ther is live music playing in the back, though this practice is filmed (which as you may know I find adds a more artsy ambiance to a workout). You start by dedicating your practice to something, which is very Buddhist and what one instructor at the gym has you do too. You continue by chanting OM while standing in mountain pose, and when he chants the word OM magically appears in white on the screen. There is more chanting in both sanskrit and english.

More white words come up for the sanskrit, but when he chants in english there are no words, so you can't really chant the english part with him unless you've memorized it. He starts with some sun salutations that wind up moving rather quickly. After that it's your typical ashtanga practice (so I'm not sure why it's called Jivamukti) and it is not for beginners. In the end, for example, is a headstand, which he holds for a LONG time! does a modified version, but there aren't many other modifications shown. I'll have to watch the workout again with narrating. My knee is twanging so I can't do Ramp it Up again tomorrow like I had hoped. It's been raining her and I've missed my bridge walks, so what I will do tomorrow most likely is Walk Away the Pounds, 3 mile walk with Abs (the dvd is red and a virgin for me), and then I hope to do Yoga For Inflexible People, because I'm soooooooooooo

stiff and really need to do this before teaching this weekend! I hope to be back on the SS series next week. In reflection, all I've done with SS this week is RIU and Slim & Limber. I have good intentions.. why can't I stick to a rotation? Now my knee is twanging and all those lunges and potentially plies won't be good for it. On the other hand, if I get yoga done on Saturday I will have done 11 hours of exercise this week, which is back to what I was doing when I was at my most fit. So while I flunked the SS rotation this week, I do feel like I was hugely successful workout wise this week in duration and intensity. If the knee is okay next week, I hope to do Ramp It Up to my own music on MWF, just like had planned :) and then cardio on T/Th with yoga throughout, of course!