RemedySpot.com

Healing Yoga for Aches and Pains

Rate this topic

Guest guest

evening folks another netflix workout. this time a yoga one. they don't have to many but i thought this one would be good. this is netflix's description "Presented by experts Matkin and Matkin, the Healing Yoga program uses yoga to address and correct chronic injuries and illness. This installment of the series teaches moves that focus on relieving the symptoms of arthritis, back pain, neck pain and pain from injuries. Designed for all fitness levels, the simple moves help increase the range of motion to one's spine and joints while promoting flexibility and fluid body movement. " it uses a chair for modified poses and stretches. its great for those with physcial ailments but

also pretty good for beginners with lack of flexibilty. i worked into the regular poses but did start using the chair modifcations. this helps me slowly work into the stretch with the breath and it was safer stretch wise b/c there really wasn't an actual warm up. it kind of goes into stretching. granted you move in and out of the stretch it just didn't seem right to jump right into. otherwise it is good for what it is. the matkins took turn doing voice overs. lisa did the first and last segment. the first segment was a stretch warm up and charles did the voice over. the second segment charles did strengthening type poses while lisa did the voice over. the third is lying stretching with lisa. overall i liked lisa's voice over better b/c she was very calm and geninue and seem to want to relax you more. not saying charles didn't do this, its just different coming from a "mothering" type voice almost comforting. the whole workout is about 35

mins. the background looks like some rich guy's fancy backyard with a lovely pool and deck and a palm tree or two in there. you can also see the roof of the neighbors house LOL. it wasn't distracting but not something you would think when doing a yoga workout. its not like a noticed it the whole time just something i seemed to pick up on during some standing poses. IIRC ross may have had these at one time. i haven't seen it since then but i might pick it up for the right price. i think i would like the dvd to break up the segments as opposed to doing the whole 35min. i like having that option sometimes to mix up chapters. well off to dream land now that i am feeling much better. at least it lives up its title. good night kassia ldy_solana's

domain Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like.-Will

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.