RemedySpot.com

Re: / Tuesday: Back to P90 & Yoga for Energy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yep, I hear ya on those nagging aggravations!

Any movement is better than none too and you do plenty with your teaching too!

I love Rodney... sigh...

P90 and knees... not a ton of lunges or squats in Circuit 1-2, I thought it was kind of light on lower body but there are much more in 3-4 including a do as many squats as you can do in whatever the time is he gives right at the end thing (just after the all you can do push up challenge). In 1-2 there's also about a 10 minute (maybe 8?) section that is all high impact cardio. You can, of course, modify it to low impact and he suggests things you can do for low impact instead too. The 3-4 workout (I previewed it but haven't done it yet) is almost the same routines but with more of everything.

Scrubbing walls and Karate Kid??? I'll have to watch that again to remember it. Something vague is pushing up against my brain but obviously it didn't stay with me. I only saw it once and that was when it first came out. I have lots more walls I want to scrub too. It felt good in a weird way... for one thing I the walls looked a lot better when I got done and I didn't have to keep looking at stuff that was bugging me but that I wasn't doing anything about (for who knows what reason). For another, I couldn't scrub ANYTHING with either arm for months after my mastectomy and then reconstruction surgeries so whenever I can do something like that (no matter how seemingly boring) that I haven't tried since then and now I can do it, I feel incredibly great. Yes, that was almost 4 years ago (shows you how often I wash walls, truly the rest of my house IS clean though) but discovering things like that is still a kick! I was also deliberately trying to put as much functional fitness into the cleaning as I could too... reaching up high and to the sides, lunging and squatting down low!

(who will resolve to clean at least one more room of walls this week as part of her functional fitness and desire to clean her walls anyway and who will probably rent the Karate Kid soon to remember what the wall cleaning thing was in there, my kids will love it too... hmmm.... maybe they'll even clean walls with/for me?!)

/ Tuesday: Back to P90 & Yoga for Energy

Good job, ! I'm kind of in the same boat. I want to do more SS workouts, but the lunges and plies are aggravating my right knee so I'm staying away from them for the moment. I think this week is turning into more of a CoreBox and yoga week. Oh well, it's still exercise, right?

We both also had a date with Rodney Yee yesterday.

I may try some of the P90 workouts like you and Jen are doing to keep up a semblance of a joint rotation. Maybe his workouts are more knee friendly.

Scrubbing walls is a GREAT workout, just like in the Karate Kid!

Way to go, !