RemedySpot.com

Re: Jen's review of Power 90's Sweat 1-2 and Kathy 's Leanwalk Tape 1 Side A

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Jen!!

It was super interesting to ready your take on P90's Sweat 1-2! I find the kickboxing in it very enjoyable too. The high impact stuff is pretty intense (that whole first section before the kickboxing is pretty intense). How do the knee braces help with high impact? Do they absorb impact? (You know you don't have to do the jumping stuff, you can modify it to low impact and just use bigger arm movements for more cardio or do it on a rebounder if you have one. I know you know that but in case someone else doesn't, now they do.)

The yoga at the beginning of this tape is pretty intense too! He doesn't call it Power Yoga for no reason! Don't feel at all badly about not being able to do it or keep up with it, my heart rate gets really elevated doing it and then going right into the more intense practically non-stop cardio is really challenging! I find the more I do the whole video, the less I'm needing to modify but I did pause it, modify, go slower than them, etc. the first few times. I'm also learning where I can really go at it with everything I've got and where I have to hold back so that I've got more to give when I need it. He asks a LOT early on. I'd prefer the kickboxing first so that I could ease into the intense cardio! I was amazed at how much this demanded of me when I used it the first time. Now that I know the routine I think I'm a little bored by it though if I am willing to put that aside I still get a really good workout from it. I'm going up to 3-4 mostly just for variation and also to see if I'm up to the challenge even though I'm still challenged by parts of 1-2. The music appeared to be better too when I preview parts of it last week. I'm planning to do it Friday so if I can still type afterwards, I'll post my review of it (and like you said, my review of myself doing it).

On getting rid of videos... as my fitness level improves I'm finding there are some that I just don't enjoy at all and they going into the get rid of box but there are a lot of others that I still like and am keeping for low energy days. I'm not into modifying too much, I'd rather a workout simply be what I need or not and not have to make a lot of changes to it just to use it. I also am not a packrat so it is easier for me to get rid of ones I really don't get much out of but it is harder to part with ones that I started with and that still make me smile (so I'm keeping those for now even if I only use them once a year or so!).

Is that Kathy Leanwalk an audio tape (for outdoor or treadmill) walking?

Anyway, it will be fun to read more of your adventures with P90 whenever you use these workouts, especially as you improve with them which you certainly will and probably fairly quickly with all the working out you're doing!!

Jen's review of Power 90's Sweat 1-2 and Kathy 's Leanwalk Tape 1 Side A

Ok well this is going to be an exercise video review/evaluation of myself.

I did Beach body's Power 90's Sweat 1-2 for the first time in about 5 or 6 years!

This is definately my favorite out of Circuit and Sweat vids. I LOVE the kickboxing in it and it doesn't bother my knees/feet and I can keep up with it with good form. Next time though I'm going to wear my knee braces so that I can do the high impact stuff without worrying about hurting my knees/feet.

I still suck I mean SUCK at yoga and I think it's because (to be honest with myself and you) I just weigh too much to lift my body weight.

I am so OUT OF SHAPE! I had to modify it quite a bit (arms at sides for jacks etc...) This video was never this hard for me so I can tell my fitness level is very low, maybe like beginner when I WAS an intermediate BUT NOT FOR LONG! I am determined to get fit and lose weight in 2008! I will just have to be patient with myself and stick to it no matter what the evil scale says! I'm still getting fit/fiter whether I lose a lot of weight or not right? I know that I will lose the weight but it may take a while...I will just have to keep exercising every day or almost every day (this will continue AFTER I'm at goal weight too!)

One thing though even when I'm in great shape I'm not going to get rid of my vids/dvds because I think any workout can be modified to be harder or easier...besides I'm too much of a pack rat! LOL

I also did Kathy 's Leanwalk Tape 1 Side A for the first time. I really liked it. It was 30 minutes long and it was a steady walk with a couple of intervals. Kathy is very motivating in this tape and it can be modified for the beginner (walk 15 mins) intermediate (walk 30 mins) or advanced (walk an hour) exerciser. I really prefer pure interval walking routines though but I know that my body needs the diversity and this workout went by pretty fast and had good music on it