RemedySpot.com

Re: Imax 2/hubby

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My husband has committed to losing 20 pounds this year - he could stand to lose 40, but I'll take what I can get. He said he'd start walking on my tmill, but so far that hasn't happened....however, he DID go yesterday and buy walking shoes, so there's hope. I'm writing our weight down on the family wall calendar as a motivation for both of us, and keeping my mouth shut about him walking. He's in decent shape (he regularly out-walked me this summer), mostly because he has a fairly active job - heavy-duty mechanic - and he has to meet some standards to stay on the mine rescue team.

Darcy, it sounds like your dh is seriously thinking about changing. Isn't that the first step? I think my dh in on the second step...and I don't want to push him backwards. It's a fine line between gently encouraging and nagging, and if you have any tips, I'd love to hear them!

, who mentions how sexy muscles are, to no avail

-----Original Message-----From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ]On Behalf Of Darcy LedmanThanks ! I don't think hubby would do anything "regularly", but he sure has been commenting on how he looks and feels. He's probably about 30 pounds overweight, I suppose.Darcy

I'm sorry, I don't have any tips really either. Depends on how your husband " ticks " . My husband woud never respond if it was MY idea..KWIM. I try to encourage him if he brings it up, and say minor things once in awhile, but that's about it. Good for your husband on shooting for 20 lbs though!!!

Darcy

My husband has committed to losing 20 pounds this year - he could stand to lose 40, but I'll take what I can get. He said he'd start walking on my tmill, but so far that hasn't happened....however, he DID go yesterday and buy walking shoes, so there's hope. I'm writing our weight down on the family wall calendar as a motivation for both of us, and keeping my mouth shut about him walking. He's in decent shape (he regularly out-walked me this summer), mostly because he has a fairly active job - heavy-duty mechanic - and he has to meet some standards to stay on the mine rescue team.

Darcy, it sounds like your dh is seriously thinking about changing. Isn't that the first step? I think my dh in on the second step...and I don't want to push him backwards. It's a fine line between gently encouraging and nagging, and if you have any tips, I'd love to hear them!

-----Original Message-----From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ]On Behalf Of Darcy LedmanThanks ! I don't think hubby would do anything " regularly " , but he sure has been commenting on how he looks and feels. He's probably about 30 pounds overweight, I suppose.Darcy

Mechanics are STRONG, as they lift engines and such. He's been doing Garage Max

all along.

He prolly needs to do more heavy cardio than anything I'm guessing. Tell him

those shoes are made for walkin'!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

LOL Yes, he has been doing Garage Max - with mining equipment, no less. He

has amazing triceps, and we cannot figure out what he's doing at work to

develop them. I've shown him the movements I do with weights, and he swears

he never moves his arms that way....weird, but I'm not complaining! Well,

maybe a little, as my triceps are tiny tiny tiny (but there - I can feel

'em, if I twist my arms just right). LOL

Okay, I've had a rest in the middle of my walking, so I'm headed back to the

tmill. (, or Shaun?) is waiting for me!

-----Original Message-----

[mailto:exercisevideos ]On Behalf Of

pinkpussycat@...

Mechanics are STRONG, as they lift engines and such. He's been doing Garage

Max all along.

He prolly needs to do more heavy cardio than anything I'm guessing. Tell

him those shoes are made for walkin'!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release Date: 1/2/2008

11:29 AM

Well, is a sweetheart, and I thoroughly enjoyed my 40 minutes with him

today. I ended up inadvertently skipping forward past one of the hill

intervals, and since I took a break mid-way, I used a steady state interval

twice - it's a good, user-friendly cod format.

I needed the kick in the pants to use the incline and speed up a bit. I

didn't push overly hard, but I did do more than I have in a long time. Just

think what I could do with a LIVE personal trainer. Male, of course. And

cute...and I'm going to stop here before this turns into a harlequin romance

email. LOL I'm a little loopy - amazing what a couple of really good

workouts in a week can do for you, huh?

-----Original Message-----

[mailto:exercisevideos ]On Behalf Of Festival City

Concrete/ & Carolyn

Stuparyk wrote:

> (, or Shaun?) is waiting for me!

that would be sean :)

:*carolyn.

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release Date: 1/2/2008

11:29 AM

My DH finally started exercising fairly regularly last year, when he had access to a free gym and personal trainer at work. When he had to change job locations he lost those but wanted to join a gym near our house so I (the keeper of the budget) just told him to do it and I'd figure out how to make it work (so far so good). He still isn't exercising more than 2 or 3 days a week but it is a LOT more than he used to do so I'm thrilled. My "secret" was literally to not say a word. When he first turned 40 (almost 7 years ago now) I bugged him about getting in shape (he's far from overweight but simply wasn't active at all) and he pretty much tuned me out. Then when I got serious myself I just did my thing and eventually, he started thinking about it for himself and found a way to make it work for him (videos don't appeal to him at this time). He's getting more and more interested in fitness and I am thrilled. Last night he was looking through a running catalog and I mentioned that I was thinking about buying a pair of running shoes and actually trying to run. I had been hesitating saying much because he is a former cross country runner (who FINALLY realized "former" is the operative word) and I didn't want to spark an ego thing. He was very supportive of the idea, just wanting me to protect my knees. Maybe, eventually, we might run together? I don't know but we're at least both getting fit and that not only feels great but is setting a great example for our kids too and that is super exciting. Again, my thing was simply being quiet and letting him decide for himself with absolutely no pushing from me. It wasn't easy for me to keep my mouth shut but I know it was best that I did.

Good luck!

RE: Imax 2/hubby

-----Original Message-----From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ]On Behalf Of Darcy LedmanThanks ! I don't think hubby would do anything "regularly", but he sure has been commenting on how he looks and feels. He's probably about 30 pounds overweight, I suppose.Darcy