RemedySpot.com

Ramp it Up + Urban Belly Dance

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm still very sore from Powersculpt, mostly in the hamstrings and chest, so I opted for Ramp It Up in lieu of Burn It Up this morning. The first half of RIU was on the easy side only because it moved kinda slow for me, but once the resistance bands section emerged it started be become more my level. I again used weights instead of the bands. The music in RIU is better than than in SIU and BIU, though Debbie does not mirror her cuing or move to the beat of the music. Next time I am DEFINITELY popping in my own 128 bpm aerobics music and moving to that that instead of listening to this muzak inspired canned music. I have a feeling RIU will be more challenging with my own music, moving at a faster pace. During the alternating lunges with bicep curls section my right knee went ZiNg! so instead I just did the bicep curls but with 15 lb weights (half of what Darcy uses). For the rest of the resistance section, here's what I used:standing double bent rows - 15 lbsstanding single arm shoulder press - 10 lbsstanding bicep curls - 10 lbsstanding one armed overhead tricep extension - 8 lbsThe donkey kicks and leg lifts at the end

once again killed me, esp since my hammies are already sore from doing these in Powersculpt. As my reward, I wound up doing the best belly dance routine I've ever done to date called Urban Belly Dance, which I got at Ross. It's put out by Druce's Fitness Essentials, and the instructor is , accompanied by Corey and Darla.Now it's not a huge calorie burn or anything, BUT if you work it right, you can get a good hip and standing abdominal workout with it. This is the perfect workout to do before bed, or after a hot date. It is SENSUAL! The title is kind of deceiving, because it really isn't all that "urban". Sure, there are a couple of hip-hop moves, but they are done slowly, and

it's really more like cardio strip tease fused with bellydancing. The music is slow groove urban, and has an adorable bellydance top and urban bellydance leggings. She and I did the workout in tennis shoes, but you could totally do it barefoot, its very low impact LISA!!!I enjoyed this workout very, very much. It's 30 minutes long and I felt sexy doing it. I could see my reflection in the sliding glass doors to my balcony and I noticed that my hard work these past couple of months has paid off. My belly looks a lot better than it used to. My favorite workout pants are starting to be a little loose, I noticed this morning. Anyway, if you live by Ross and want

a workout that makes you feel good about yourself and feel sexy, pick this one up! Hubby will like watching the workout, as is quite lovely, and Hubby will like watching you do this dance for him. I'm psyched because I have like 4 other belly dance workouts from this series. I hope is teaching them because now I'm on a mission to do the others! Will probably preview a few of them tonite! Figure eight hips,I