of the workout, but I just didn't really like the order of the

exercises. This one was about 38 minutes, but there's a 5 min

stretch in the beginning as well as a cool down stretch so it felt

short. I also didn't feel much in my legs for either 1-2 or 3-4 –

but I should know better than to think I'm going to feel low rep un-

weighted squats and lunges the next day. I really should have used

dumbbells for those!

I wanted a little bit more on Wednesday, so I followed Sculpt 3-4

with Tae Bo II Get Ripped – 8 minute workout. This one was fun!

Super high energy, and just what I needed to lift me up after my so-

so Tony workout. There's a lot of stretching in this one, so you

probably stretch for as long as you do the cardio portion, but it fit

in just right for me. There was a section that had a bunch of deep

squats that went into kicks when you came up. Wow – those were

killer and my HR was waaaaay up on those! A nice way to finish the

workout hard! This was a nice little add on that made me feel good

when I was done.

Thursday was tmill day again, and I had another good 45 min session

on the with the cross trainer program. I followed that with Ab

Ripper 100. This was a nice little abs routine, simple and to the

point. It was pretty short at 5-6 minutes, but better than nothing,

lol. I was able to complete all of the reps, but didn't really feel

any burn from it later. I'll be interested to try Ab Ripper 200 next

week to see what I think of that one.

On Friday I originally planned to repeat Sculpt 3-4, but since I

didn't like it very much I went with Sculpt 5-6 from P90 Masters

instead. I liked this one better, though it isn't significantly

different from P90. But, the music is better and the exercises are

different. And you aren't really doing things in the same type of

circuits as P90. Tony is also very Tony-like in this one, but that

didn't bug me too much. I also felt some DOMs in my biceps from this

one, likely a nod to some of the twists he puts on basic exercises.

And probably the preacher curls, too! Here's a breakdown for this

workout:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviews/horton-p90m-sc56.php

I was planning to repeat Sculpt 5-6 on Monday, but I think I'll do

P90 Masters UML first. I may repeat 5-6 on Wednesday, or not. We'll

see. With the changes to my workouts this week, I should be able to

make up my missed Mix It Up workout with Debbie, too. That'll be a

nice way to round out my beachbody month. :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Sara

Great job, Sara!Can the P90 workouts be used w/ bands? I'm trying to figure out a way to do more "formal" strength training but weights haven't agreed w/ my back lately (particularly for lower body).

On a side note, I think the idea of the 8-12 reps thing is to really UP your weights so that you do fatigue in those number of reps. Usually this means going much heavier than you do w/ endurance workouts (like Ripped, etc.)

Take care,

Donna

Subject: P90 WeekTo: exercisevideos Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 2:02 AM

Hi All, Just wanted to pop in and report how my week went. I'm still working on my fundraiser stuff and it's slow going. I'll be glad once I get everything done and posted on ebay!So, to catch up, I did Sculpt 3-4 on Wednesday. This is pretty much a longer version on Sculpt 1-2, and felt like it. I did appreciate the forearm and calf work, since you don't see that in every workout video. This one has 4 circuits of weight training, and you do 8-12 reps per body part. But, you do the sets for each part one at a time. I think that's part of why I don't like this set as much as I thought I might. If I'm doing 8-12 reps, I need more than 1 set to get muscle fatigue. You do work the muscles a few times by the end of the workout, but I just didn't really like the order of the exercises. This one was about 38 minutes, but there's a 5 min stretch in the beginning as well as a cool down stretch

so it felt short. I also didn't feel much in my legs for either 1-2 or 3-4 – but I should know better than to think I'm going to feel low rep un-weighted squats and lunges the next day. I really should have used dumbbells for those!I wanted a little bit more on Wednesday, so I followed Sculpt 3-4 with Tae Bo II Get Ripped – 8 minute workout. This one was fun! Super high energy, and just what I needed to lift me up after my so-so Tony workout. There's a lot of stretching in this one, so you probably stretch for as long as you do the cardio portion, but it fit in just right for me. There was a section that had a bunch of deep squats that went into kicks when you came up. Wow – those were killer and my HR was waaaaay up on those! A nice way to finish the workout hard! This was a nice little add on that made me feel good when I was done. Thursday was tmill day again, and I had another

good 45 min session on the with the cross trainer program. I followed that with Ab Ripper 100. This was a nice little abs routine, simple and to the point. It was pretty short at 5-6 minutes, but better than nothing, lol. I was able to complete all of the reps, but didn't really feel any burn from it later. I'll be interested to try Ab Ripper 200 next week to see what I think of that one.On Friday I originally planned to repeat Sculpt 3-4, but since I didn't like it very much I went with Sculpt 5-6 from P90 Masters instead. I liked this one better, though it isn't significantly different from P90. But, the music is better and the exercises are different. And you aren't really doing things in the same type of circuits as P90. Tony is also very Tony-like in this one, but that didn't bug me too much. I also felt some DOMs in my biceps from this one, likely a nod to some of the twists he puts on

basic exercises. And probably the preacher curls, too! Here's a breakdown for this workout:http://www.videofit ness.com/ reviews/horton- p90m-sc56. phpI was planning to repeat Sculpt 5-6 on Monday, but I think I'll do P90 Masters UML first. I may repeat 5-6 on Wednesday, or not. We'll see. With the changes to my workouts this week, I should be able to make up my missed Mix It Up workout with Debbie, too. That'll be a nice way to round out my beachbody month. :)Hope everyone is having a great weekend!Sara

Thanks for the very interesting reviews of these videos, Sara! It is always fun to read how others react to workouts I've done, and, since I've been wanting P90 Masters too it is good to hear about those. I found that with the squats and lunges in Sculpt 4-5 that I didn't feel them the next day but the cumulative effect of doing that workout every other day for weeks really ended up bugging my hips (never-ending DOMS for a long time that I kept trying to ignore and push past and just kept adding to it). Keep up your awesome work!

P90 Week

Hi All, Just wanted to pop in and report how my week went. I'm still working on my fundraiser stuff and it's slow going. I'll be glad once I get everything done and posted on ebay!So, to catch up, I did Sculpt 3-4 on Wednesday. This is pretty much a longer version on Sculpt 1-2, and felt like it. I did appreciate the forearm and calf work, since you don't see that in every workout video. This one has 4 circuits of weight training, and you do 8-12 reps per body part. But, you do the sets for each part one at a time. I think that's part of why I don't like this set as much as I thought I might. If I'm doing 8-12 reps, I need more than 1 set to get muscle fatigue. You do work the muscles a few times by the end of the workout, but I just didn't really like the order of the exercises. This one was about 38 minutes, but there's a 5 min stretch in the beginning as well as a cool down stretch so it felt short. I also didn't feel much in my legs for either 1-2 or 3-4 – but I should know better than to think I'm going to feel low rep un-weighted squats and lunges the next day. I really should have used dumbbells for those!I wanted a little bit more on Wednesday, so I followed Sculpt 3-4 with Tae Bo II Get Ripped – 8 minute workout. This one was fun! Super high energy, and just what I needed to lift me up after my so-so Tony workout. There's a lot of stretching in this one, so you probably stretch for as long as you do the cardio portion, but it fit in just right for me. There was a section that had a bunch of deep squats that went into kicks when you came up. Wow – those were killer and my HR was waaaaay up on those! A nice way to finish the workout hard! This was a nice little add on that made me feel good when I was done. Thursday was tmill day again, and I had another good 45 min session on the with the cross trainer program. I followed that with Ab Ripper 100. This was a nice little abs routine, simple and to the point. It was pretty short at 5-6 minutes, but better than nothing, lol. I was able to complete all of the reps, but didn't really feel any burn from it later. I'll be interested to try Ab Ripper 200 next week to see what I think of that one.On Friday I originally planned to repeat Sculpt 3-4, but since I didn't like it very much I went with Sculpt 5-6 from P90 Masters instead. I liked this one better, though it isn't significantly different from P90. But, the music is better and the exercises are different. And you aren't really doing things in the same type of circuits as P90. Tony is also very Tony-like in this one, but that didn't bug me too much. I also felt some DOMs in my biceps from this one, likely a nod to some of the twists he puts on basic exercises. And probably the preacher curls, too! Here's a breakdown for this workout:http://www.videofitness.com/reviews/horton-p90m-sc56.phpI was planning to repeat Sculpt 5-6 on Monday, but I think I'll do P90 Masters UML first. I may repeat 5-6 on Wednesday, or not. We'll see. With the changes to my workouts this week, I should be able to make up my missed Mix It Up workout with Debbie, too. That'll be a nice way to round out my beachbody month. :)Hope everyone is having a great weekend!Sara

Hi Donna,

As I recall, there's usually one person shown using tubing and one person using dumbbells in at least Sculpt 1-2 and 3-4.

I agree with the reps thing. I kept increasing my weights over the weeks I did P90 to keep getting them fatigued by rep 12. Thanks for pointing that out.

P90 WeekTo: exercisevideos Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 2:02 AM

Hi All, Just wanted to pop in and report how my week went. I'm still working on my fundraiser stuff and it's slow going. I'll be glad once I get everything done and posted on ebay!So, to catch up, I did Sculpt 3-4 on Wednesday. This is pretty much a longer version on Sculpt 1-2, and felt like it. I did appreciate the forearm and calf work, since you don't see that in every workout video. This one has 4 circuits of weight training, and you do 8-12 reps per body part. But, you do the sets for each part one at a time. I think that's part of why I don't like this set as much as I thought I might. If I'm doing 8-12 reps, I need more than 1 set to get muscle fatigue. You do work the muscles a few times by the end of the workout, but I just didn't really like the order of the exercises. This one was about 38 minutes, but there's a 5 min stretch in the beginning as well as a cool down stretch so it felt short. I also didn't feel much in my legs for either 1-2 or 3-4 – but I should know better than to think I'm going to feel low rep un-weighted squats and lunges the next day. I really should have used dumbbells for those!I wanted a little bit more on Wednesday, so I followed Sculpt 3-4 with Tae Bo II Get Ripped – 8 minute workout. This one was fun! Super high energy, and just what I needed to lift me up after my so-so Tony workout. There's a lot of stretching in this one, so you probably stretch for as long as you do the cardio portion, but it fit in just right for me. There was a section that had a bunch of deep squats that went into kicks when you came up. Wow – those were killer and my HR was waaaaay up on those! A nice way to finish the workout hard! This was a nice little add on that made me feel good when I was done. Thursday was tmill day again, and I had another good 45 min session on the with the cross trainer program. I followed that with Ab Ripper 100. This was a nice little abs routine, simple and to the point. It was pretty short at 5-6 minutes, but better than nothing, lol. I was able to complete all of the reps, but didn't really feel any burn from it later. I'll be interested to try Ab Ripper 200 next week to see what I think of that one.On Friday I originally planned to repeat Sculpt 3-4, but since I didn't like it very much I went with Sculpt 5-6 from P90 Masters instead. I liked this one better, though it isn't significantly different from P90. But, the music is better and the exercises are different. And you aren't really doing things in the same type of circuits as P90. Tony is also very Tony-like in this one, but that didn't bug me too much. I also felt some DOMs in my biceps from this one, likely a nod to some of the twists he puts on basic exercises. And probably the preacher curls, too! Here's a breakdown for this workout:http://www.videofit ness.com/ reviews/horton- p90m-sc56. phpI was planning to repeat Sculpt 5-6 on Monday, but I think I'll do P90 Masters UML first. I may repeat 5-6 on Wednesday, or not. We'll see. With the changes to my workouts this week, I should be able to make up my missed Mix It Up workout with Debbie, too. That'll be a nice way to round out my beachbody month. :)Hope everyone is having a great weekend!Sara

Thanks, Darcy! Oh - I uploaded a Kettlebell buyer's guide to the files

section that you might like to take a look at. I know you already have

several, but it's a nice write up on the different styles out there if

you haven't seen it already.

I'm totally fascinated by the adjustable kettlebells!! lol

Too many toys,

Sara

>

> > Hi All,

> >

> > Just wanted to pop in and report how my week went. I'm still working

> > on my fundraiser stuff and it's slow going. I'll be glad once I get

> > everything done and posted on ebay!

> >

Okay Sara!I LOVE my Ader's..everything about them, but I may take a peak just to see what they have to say :)Darcy

Thanks, Darcy! Oh - I uploaded a Kettlebell buyer's guide to the files

section that you might like to take a look at. I know you already have

several, but it's a nice write up on the different styles out there if

you haven't seen it already.

I'm totally fascinated by the adjustable kettlebells!! lol

Too many toys,

Sara

>

> > Hi All,

> >

> > Just wanted to pop in and report how my week went. I'm still working

> > on my fundraiser stuff and it's slow going. I'll be glad once I get

> > everything done and posted on ebay!

> >

Thanks, Sara! I may give those P90 Workouts a whirl, I think Ihave sculpt 3-4, I can try it w/ bands and see how my back handles it.

Good luck w/ the cards! :)

Donna

Subject: Re: P90 WeekTo: exercisevideos Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 4:02 PM

Hi Donna!Thanks! Yep, I know that I should have probably used heavier weights. I just never really got into the groove with the P90 workouts. Yes, all of the P90 and Sculpt 5-6 show one person with dumbbells and one person with bands! I didn't feel much work in my lower body from these workouts, so they might be just what you're looking for right now. And you mentioned Slim Series the other day, too right? Slim in 6 used only bands for resistance, when she used anything. The Slim Series workouts I did used both bands and dumbbells, but I would think you could easily use bands for the whole workout. :)Sneaking back to the basement to work on cards,Sara> > > Subject: P90 Week> To: exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 2:02 AM> > > > > > > Hi All, > > Just wanted to

pop in and report how my week went. I'm still working > on my fundraiser stuff and it's slow going. I'll be glad once I get > everything done and posted on ebay!

As ususal, fantastic review! I've done the all the cardio and abs in

P90 but have yet to dot he sculpting, I think. I need to get back on

the weight training band wagon, and this might be a good place to start!

Thanks for your commentaries! You so rock, Sara!