RemedySpot.com

Re: Fw: Tis the Season to Stay on Track!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm looking forward to her new vids, I wish she would design express options, I haven't been able to commit to hour or hour plus long workouts on a consistent basis.Vennitta

ldy_solana's fitness blogldy_solana's domain

Scouting for All Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

-Will

Subject: Tis the Season to Stay on Track!

To: ldy_solana@...Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 10:55 AM

Wow, time sure does fly! I've been incredibly busy - we shot four more workouts over the summer and I've been working hard on editing these new videos as well as plenty of other exciting projects! We had so much fun working on the new workouts and really hope you like them. One of the new workouts will be released sometime in the New Year, so get ready for an exciting new addition for your collection. I always have people asking about Laurie - well guess what? Laurie is in all of the new workouts as well as other Ripped participants and instructors! Make sure you keep checking the site regularly so you don't miss out on all the hot new ideas and news; it should be an interesting and eventful next couple of months. I've also been busy shooting a 12-week challenge on Breakfast Television. It's called the Tough Love Challenger and it pits men against women! We started in September, assembling two teams with my

husband and I as the lead trainers. It's a competition to see which team can lose the greatest percentage of body weight! I'm training the men and Ray, my husband, is taking care of the women. It's already been eight weeks and we have seen some amazing results. Tune in to Breakfast Television on Tuesday mornings between 6-10am to check it out! Also, I'm so excited to share with you that I've been working with POD Fitness creating audio workouts that will be available for download very, very soon. This is such a great way to workout because it's like having me as your personal trainer right there with you the whole time! Finally, I just wanted to let you know that all the proceeds from the Ripped Rotations PDF download are going to 'Inn from the Cold' this winter. This is such a great organization and I'm so happy to be contributing, especially now that it's getting cold outside. You may find that this document helps

you spice up your workouts because with the help of an exercise physiologist, I was able to create workout routines that involve all the videos!

Here's a look of what's included in this issue:

Jari Love's Skinny Bootcamp - it's finally time to bring back those skinny jeans and start wearing them again! Check out the programs page for all the details at www.jarilove.com for all the info on this exciting new program!

Jari Love's Yummy Mummies Workout - New or expectant moms wanting to keep exercising or get started in a safe, welcoming environment, this is the program for you! All details are also available at www.jarilove.com on the programs page.

Ever thought of personal training? We have new rates, new deals and new reasons to make you want to get in the best shape of your life!

Profile of a Tough Love Challenger - from over 400 pounds to a totally new man!

How do you stay fit during the holidays? Find out my personal tips and tricks to stay on track.

Ever thought about entering into a Figure Competition? Read about Jackie and how the Ripped Workout helped her get into the best shape of her life!

Can exercise really be too much of a good thing? Find out here!

Another successful ripper! Hear 's story and Ripped changed her life!

That is just a few of the great things included this month - so get ready for a good read! Just like always - I want to hear about you and your journey. If you are interested, please submit your story, initial and final measurements and a before and after shot of yourself to rippedinquiries@....

Finally, a great big thanks to all RIPPED supporters, members and colleagues. You owe it to yourself to focus on you - so read on and get on track today!

Sincerely,

Creator of RIPPED! Workout, AFLCA & PFT

NEW PROGRAMS!

JARI LOVE'S " SKINNY JEAN " BOOTCAMP

We all have something we wish we could fit into.

You owe it to yourself - give glory back to your skinny jeans!

WHO CAN DO IT? EVERYONE! JARI'S PROGRAMS ARE FOR MEN & WOMEN OF ALL FITNESS LEVELS!

Bring your skinnies as motivation! Strive to put them on once the fat is gone!

SESSION 1 WAS FULL - SIGN UP FOR SESSION 2 NOW!

Dates: December 6/7th - January 24/25th, 2009

Days: Saturdays and/or Sundays

Times: 8:00-9:15am

Place: Fitness Plus North OR South

North - 1709, 8th Ave NE

South - 10401 Braeside Drive SW

Options:

PLATINUM - BEST DEAL!!!

16 classes - every Saturday AND Sunday for 8 weeks

2 fitness evaluations

Nutritional seminar with Jari Love

Ripped DVD of your choice

$349 + GST

GOLD

8 classes - choose Saturdays or Sundays

2 fitness evaluations

Nutritional seminar with Jari Love

$199 + GST

SILVER

16 classes - every Saturday AND Sunday for 8 weeks

$299 + GST

BRONZE

8 classes - choose Saturdays or Sundays

$159 + GST

PLAN AHEAD NOW FOR FUTURE SESSIONS!!!

Session 3: January 31st/Feb 1st - March 21st/22nd

Days: Saturdays and/or Sundays

Times: 8:00-9:15am

Place: Fitness Plus North OR South

North - 1709, 8th Ave NE

South - 10401 Braeside Drive SW

JARI'S LOVE'S YUMMY MUMMIES # 2

ARE YOU A NEW OR EXPECTANT MOM?

NEW PERSONAL TRAINING OFFERS

JARI LOVE PERSONAL TRAINING

Are you ready to finally start seeing results?

Start training with Jari & her team today!

Why Jari Love Personal Training?

Jari Love is the creator of the Get Ripped Workout Series

Jari is a certified Personal Trainer and owner of Fitness Plus

Jari is Breakfast Television regular fitness expert

The Ripped Workout has been featured in the New York Times, Los Angeles Times and many other publications!

Jari is on the advisory board for Fitness Magazine

Jari's team is highly qualified and diverse!

RATES

Number of People

One Hour Session

Ten One Hour Sessions

Individuals

$90

$750

Duos - 2 partners

$77.50 per person

$625 per person

Group rates (3-6 people, min. 10 sessions per group)

-

$55 per person

Additional Services

Rates

Nutritional consultation

$90

Fitness test

$70

Body fat assessment

$25

SPACE IS LIMITED - DON'T WAIT ANOTHER SECOND!

Ready to finally get fit?

Call or email rippedinquiries@... NOW to get started!

PROFILE OF A TOUGH LOVE CHALLENGER: CRAIG BRAGLIN

Terry Braglin

Craig started out at 438 ½ lbs 3 ½ years ago. He got very ill and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. After that, he lost about 110 lbs and constantly tried to lose more weight. We changed the way we ate, what we ate and how our food was prepared. Craig had never had a salad, yogurt or fruit until this turning point. At the same time, he was trying to beat his diabetes. It took him a year to beat the diabetes, but he did it. He has been without any medication for just over 2 years now.

It was very difficult to know how to start a program of diet and weight loss. There is a lot of conflicting information out there. We have learned a lot about what to eat, and how to get yourself moving.

Ripped has given him options. One would never think that an hour of Ripped could make you feel so good, and get the results you are looking for. The best part is seeing the results! It only took a few weeks for Craig to be able to do a crunch, and run. The feeling when he is done with a Ripped class is amazing!

At the half way point Craig had lost about 34 lbs, could do an entire Ripped class and feel really good afterward. He feels like a new person. Ripped has given him more energy to do the things he loves to do. Craig no longer comes home from work and falls asleep watching TV. He is always looking for something to do…like a Ripped class or working out at home. Ripped has improved his physiological outlook by proving that he can do it and succeed.

Craig is so excited about buying new clothes and wearing some of the new shirts that were hanging in the closest. Cloths fit better and are easier to find.

The support from his trainers (you know who you are!) has been amazing! Making him step outside of his comfort zone and do things he never thought he could. Ripped has been so rewarding.

HOW TO LOVE STAYING ON TRACK

by Jari Love, Creator of RIPPED! Workout, PFT, AFLCA

Why wait until the New Year and its resolutions to get into shape? By starting right now, you will set yourself up for success while others only put on weight during the holidays, finding it hard to get into shape afterwards. Of course, the holidays are some of the busiest times of the year and perhaps not the best time to start a full workout program. But, I have put together some simple tips for changing the little parts of your lifestyle that can help you say " ho, ho, ho " without looking like Santa Clause. Of course, these tips are useful during the entire year, not just the holidays, so by incorporating them into your lifestyle now, you will have an excellent start on a workout program. These tips are for the days that you want to have your cake and eat it to:

Tip number one - eat breakfast. Eating breakfast simply means " breaking the fast " you undergo when you sleep. The common strategy for dieters is to skip one of the most important meals of the day. By avoiding breakfast, you are more likely to grab and crave sugary foods that are also loaded with fat later in the day. Eating breakfast, however, will jump-start your metabolism for the day. When your body breaks down the breakfast foods in the morning, it creates heat, raising your metabolic rate. When choosing breakfast, try selecting protein with a good carbohydrate; a good choice, for example, would be some cottage cheese with a piece of fruit.

Tip number two - increase your physical activity. Not only will you look better, you will feel better, too. Working out before the big Christmas Party will allow you to indulge in a treat here or there without feeling guilty.

Tip number three - eat a little bit every three hours and include lean protein like chicken breast, fish and extra lean meat at each meal. This allows you to maintain your high metabolism throughout the day, and by choosing to eat from healthy sources, you make sure that you aren't eating too many carbohydrates or fat that will weigh you down.

Tip number four - increase your fiber. The average North American only consumes 15 grams of fiber per day, even though the recommended amount is 25- 35 grams. Fiber is satiating; it makes you feel full without piling on the calories. This is a great way to avoid going overboard with your Christmas meals. Some of the top fiber food choices are beans and raspberries.

Tip number four - budget your time carefully. The lack of time is the number one reason why people don't exercise. One suggestion is to try and fit in two 15 minute workouts if you can't complete your full session. Also, make sure to plan ahead and write down exactly when you plan on going for a run or hitting the gym. By scheduling your exercise time along with all your other obligations, you'll be sure to have enough time to work out.

Tip number five - compound exercises. A compound exercise is an exercise that exercise more than one muscle group at once. Doing double-duty exercises is the quickest way to get a full body workout in less than 30 minutes. Anytime that you can incorporate working the legs into the movement, for example, you can double or even triple the number of calories burned. A good example would be a bent knee deadlift with bicep curl. Better yet, try doing push-ups during the commercial breaks.

Tip number six - when you are done eating walk away from where all the food is. By separating your eating habits from the rest of your lifestyle, you'll be able to easily control any sudden cravings that come on and you won't be tempted to sneak a quick snack.

Tip number seven - exercising in the cold. Just because it is cold outside does not mean that you should not exercise. In fact, the winter provides many opportunities to try out new activities to keep you motivated and entertained: a few favorites include cross-country skiing, skating. Just make sure to dress appropriately - in breathable layers - to ensure that you have as best an experience as possible.

Tip number eight - workout first thing in the morning. I recommend having your shoes and exercise clothing right by your bed. Research has shown that you are most likely to stick with exercise if you do it first thing and it becomes a habit. The other reason is that parties are at night, and if you do it early in the day, before everything gains momentum, it will put you in a great mood the rest of the day.

Tip number nine - know what you're eating. Be aware of how many calories are in your favorite treats. That way, if you want to have them, you know exactly what you are eating and can change your meal accordingly. If your favorite treat is particularly laden with calories, a good tip is to only have half a portion, or better yet, share it with someone. This means you can still indulge, but you only eat half the calories.

Tip number ten - control your cravings. Cravings are instantaneous, powerful, desire for a particular kind of food, and usually, are not very long-lasting. Giving in to your cravings will inevitably ruin your diet plan, so knowing some tips to control your cravings will go a long way. For instance, instead of eating, have a glass of water: often times, thirst can mask itself as a craving for something else, and the very act of putting something in your stomach can help. Since cravings typically only last ten minutes, try distracting yourself until the craving is gone. Or, if nothing else works, try brushing your teeth - the clean feeling in your mouth will help you distract yourself from the craving!

A FIGURE COMPETITOR'S RIPPED EXPERIENCE

by Jackie Ostash

I will never forget my first Ripped Experience: brand new to Calgary, I was looking for something to challenge me after hanging up my soccer cleats. After tagging along with my mom to her gym, I decided squash was not for me, but on a whim decided to give a Ripped Class a try. I was absolutely shocked that I could barley keep up and I remember how sore my entire body was afterwards! The class literally kicked my butt; and just like that, I was hooked. The Ripped Classes gave me an excellent base and a new passion for something I had always neglected: weights! A few friends of mine in the fitness industry started to see the progress I was making and started encouraging me to compete in an upcoming fitness

show.

If someone had sat me down and explained how intense dieting and training for a fitness competition was going to be, I probably would have given up before I started! Thankfully, a strange combination of strong will and ignorance pushed me to tremble my way up on stage. Bathing suit shopping has never been one of my favorite activities and here I was, standing before hundreds of people being judged on how I looked in one! It completely pushed me out of my comfort zone. What surprised me the most was how it taught me they importance in separating my self-image from my body image. It was liberating to highlight all my hard work; it's the best shape I have ever been in!

When I put together my training program I make sure to keep my 3 Ripped Classes a week up until a few days before my shows. I can't get over how much they help shape my overall physique! I love they upbeat music, compound movements, and they ability to change my weights throughout the workout. The classes keep me motivated to work out all those muscles I hate training. The whole experience has had a significant impact on how I view the health and fitness industry, and has inspired me to make this new passion a larger part of my life. I'm so thankful for all doors that have opened, and I'm excited to see what the future holds.

EXERCISE - CAN IT REALLY BE TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING?

by Brittany Hale, BComm MKTG, AFLCA

Exercise. A lot of people dread the mere thought of having to work hard and get sweaty - and understandably so. Staying fit is a lot of hard work but it can definitely be fun and there are some of us out there that actually enjoy a good intense workout. With obesity on the rise and the media constantly harping on us to get moving and get in shape, you would never think that too much exercise could actually become harmful in any way. Believe it or not, exercising becomes a detriment when taken to the extreme - otherwise known as overtraining. Now that the fall is here, we're all anxious to get back at it and establish a routine. Before you get too carried away, make sure you understand the signs and symptoms of overtraining so that it doesn't slow you down.

What is overtraining?

Overtraining syndrome often occurs to people who train beyond their body's ability to heal. People often exercise longer and harder to try and achieve results faster. This doesn't allow the body's muscles to heal properly and often backfires. People fail to see results in the time they expected and more often than not end up causing unnecessary injury to themselves. Conditioning and training requires a balance between exercising and heal time.

OTS often happens to people who train too long and too hard without healing

People fail to see results in the timeframe they expected

Exercise is all about balancing working and healing.

What are some signs of overtraining?

Some common signs of overtraining include: lack of energy, prolonged pain in muscles and joints, drop in performance, decreased immunity, increased incidence of injuries, and a compulsive need to exercise.

What is the treatment for OTS?

If any of the symptoms above match what you are experiencing, it is possible that you have OTS. The only real cure for that is rest. Make sure to take some time off your exercise program as it will only do more harm than good if you don't. Drink plenty of fluids to help your body and muscles transport nutrients around to heal your over-trained muscles. Perhaps consider a change in diet in order to help muscles heal faster - protein is always good for muscle repair. It may also be the case that you are training a group of muscles too much while neglecting others - in this case, cross-training will help identify which muscles are being overworked so that you can tweak your exercise routine to prevent OTS. New research has begun to show that light levels of activity may also help speed up the recovery process.

Rest is the only cure

Drink plenty of fluids

Perhaps consider a diet change

Train other muscles

Light levels of exercise help

How can you measure how much you've over-trained?

One of the best ways to measure how much you have over-trained, or even if you have over-trained at all, is to keep track of heart rates over time. If your pace starts to slow and your resting heart rate increases, it is a good sign that you are overtraining. By tracking your morning heart rate, right when you wake up, you can also track your recovery rate. If your heart rate in the morning is slowly going back down, that is a good sign that you are recovering from OTS.

Keep track of your heart rate

If your pace slows and your resting heart rate is increasing, it is a good sign you are heading towards OTS

lot of people think that if they exercise more they will see results faster - but now you know the reality and will be able to safely and effectively establish a workout regime. Good luck and enjoy getting fit this fall!

A RIPPED SUCCESS STORY

Ponting

My journey to be who I really wanted to be began about two years ago. I have always had an interest in physical fitness and being in shape as I come from an athletic background that involved all types of sports including competitive team sports when I was younger.

My life changed when I got married and began having children. I was blessed with three beautiful children, but, between marriage and children, my priorities changed. My focus changed from being an active young woman to my family and their needs, and as a result, like so many other young mothers, I gained weight and could not shake the 'baby fat' until just two years ago. At my heaviest, I was at an astonishing 209lbs! I struggled with my inner person, becoming angry, depressed and physically tired. I hated myself and what I had become. That all changed when I met Jari Love. When Jari came into my life, I had begun to lose weight already but was still at a 33% body fat ratio. My belief in myself and my body changed when I began to follow Jari's program and I knew instantly then that I would become the woman I always wanted to be, not just physically, but

emotionally as well.

I lost 21 lbs the first three months on the RIPPED program as well as some cardio workouts. I can now run 10km, I have the energy I had as a teenager and my overall muscle mass has increased. I am fit and strong again! I went from a size 12-14 to a 6-8 and now 14% body fat! I am now striving to be a fitness instructor and nutritionist. I am so excited and happy about life now and I look forward to everyday! If I can do it, then I believe anyone can do it as I know that my story is similar to many other women out there but I know that it wasn't easy and I did it so I know what it takes. It takes a dream, determination, goals and a great mentor like Jari Love!

" Its not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not "

HEALTHY CHOICES

by Darren Travers

At one time or another, I think pretty much all of us have tried a fad diet. We got sucked in with the amazing results, and catchy name, and it was all over. Then, once the diet as done, we started noticing everything was going back to the same. There is a statistic out there that over 90% of diets fail. That's staggering, 90%. Yet when you look at the diet itself, most of them are fairly sound eating ideas that will work. The problem is that most of them have a time frame. The " 15 day super slim diet " works for the 15 days, but after that we all go back to what we were doing and expect to keep what we earned over those 15 days. I say earned on purpose, because I know sticking to these eating choices is hard work and definitely not sustainable for any long period of time. So, I propose a not-so-new idea, healthy choices.

We all know what our good choices and bad choices are in a day. I would really find it hard to believe that there is somebody out there that would be astonished to find out that their " Mega Sized " burger and fries, with the " Ultra Mega " cola combo was a bad choice. Still these choices get made, sometimes a lot more after a traditional " diet; " we earned our results, now it is time for the reward. Originally the reward was supposed to be the new dress size, or the smaller blazer, but it became " to eat REAL food again " . I believe that if we tried a less restrictive diet, we would see better results.

Here are a few other suggestions to help make this easier, and get us all better results: first and foremost, find an eating regiment that you can, for the most part, stick to. As I said earlier, almost all diets out there are good, just shouldn't have a time frame attached to them, and are a little too restrictive for true longevity. Find one you like and do your best to stick with it. Secondly, all is not lost if you have a poor choice meal, don't go back to eating poorly because of one slip up - it will be OK. Thirdly, I encourage you to intentionally slip up on occasion - just one or two " cheat meals " a week in order to keep your sanity. If the diet again becomes about the goal, and not the " real food " , then we will all have an easier time seeing the goal, and keeping it. Fourth, have an eating journal. If we have to write down everything we eat in a

day, I believe, we would all make a few better choices here and there. When you know you will have to write it down, you want to like what you have to write about yourself. Finally, find an accountability partner. An accountability partner is a fantastic resource. You and a friend start a new healthy eating routine together, and daily or weekly, get together to discuss your eating patterns for the day/week. You each take a turn going over your eating journal, and see where you both did amazing, and where some healthier choices might have been made. I strongly suggest doing this over a cheat meal. Always support each other through the good and the bad, and remember to have fun with it. If it is a chore, it is hard. If it is a choice, it is yours to choose.

A RIPPED RECIPE - OOEY GOOEY BRAN WREATH

Ingredients:

1/2 c butter

6-7 cups bran flakes

2 small bags mini marshmallows or ½ large bag (1kg)

1/4 c Sugar Free English Toffee Syrup

1 c protein powder (any flavor)

Directions:

Melt the butter over medium heat, stir in sugar free syrup and marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are melted. Add protein powder and stir mixture completely. Add 6-7 cups of bran flakes and stir until completely mixed. Shape mixture into a wreath and sprinkle with colored sprinkles. A yummy holiday treat! Takes approximately 10 - 15 minutes to make - delicious!

Based on a recipe yielding 2 dozen squares:

Cals: 343; Fat 8.5g (22.5% fat); Protein 15g (17% protein); Carbs 56g (65% carbohydrates); Fibre 4g

A RIPPED RECIPE - MARVELOUS MUFFINS

by Kim Molloy

Ingredients:

1 cup quick cooking oats

1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour

Sweetener of choice (agave nectar - just a fewtablespoons, sugar, splenda, maple syrup, etc)

1 1/2 tspcinnamon

1 tsp baking powder

1 tspbakingsoda

2 big scoopsvanillaprotein powder

1 egg (can use just egg whites)

3 bananas, mashed

3tablespoonsvegetable oil

1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce

1 tsp vanilla

Optionaladd-ins: nuts, raisins, min chocolate chips

Directions:

Mix all the wet ingredients together

Mix all the dry ingredients together

Combine the two, don'tover mix

Bake at 350ºF for about 15-18 minutes

Forward email

This email was sent to ldy_solana@... by newsletter@....

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.

Email Marketing by

Ripped Workout | Unit 2, 1709 8th Avenue NE | Calgary | Alberta | T2E 0S0 | Canada

-- Get Fit! Weight loss will follow

venitta, have you seen kelly coffey-meyers dvds. she has one already out called 30 minute to fitness weights and she also is releasing to more 30 minute to fitness dvds one called bootcamp and the other kickboxing. 2-30min. workouts and IIRC premix options mixing up segments. i haven't tried myself but i heard they were really good!kassia

I'm trying to not get enamored with someone new , as is I'm trying to figure out a good rotation that incorporates FIRM and Ellen Barret but I need to focus more on Ellen because I need to focus on core strength and flexibility but I'm enjoying the new FIRMs (I haven't really used my Wave yet though ). Then there is YBB which I've had for years and have not done, got my two Results Fitness workouts and love the idea of the 10 day workout (30 min each), there is always my new s....you see, I have an extreme case of vidioitis.

Vennitta

venitta, have you seen kelly coffey-meyers dvds. she has one already out called 30 minute to fitness weights and she also is releasing to more 30 minute to fitness dvds one called bootcamp and the other kickboxing. 2-30min. workouts and IIRC premix options mixing up segments. i haven't tried myself but i heard they were really good!

kassia

-- Get Fit! Weight loss will follow

LOL don't we all. i don't have any of her's either but its tempting,they look good, but no matter what i keep staying with cathe and amy for my advanced stuff.its overwhelming lately with all the different stuff out there but you can always rely on the same instructors you have always hadkassia ldy_solana's fitness blogldy_solana's domainScouting for All Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don¢t want to impress people they don¢t like.-Will you see, I have an extreme case of vidioitis.

Vennitta