RemedySpot.com

Mon & Tues: P90 Sweat 1-2 & Sculpt 3-4

Rate this topic

Guest guest

DH had control of the computer all night last night so when I got done with my workout I couldn't post it (but I was okay... really, I managed). Yesterday was P90 Sweat 1-2. I was thinking about going to 3-4 but ended up not being able to work out until 7:30 in the evening again so I just stuck with 1-2 to make it a bit shorter and a known quantity. I decided to set my HRM zone to hard and happily spent almost half of the workout in that zone! I had a lot of energy and was really trying to work there. I've finally decided that my goal for my cardio workouts especially is to improve my cardio capacity so I need to work out in the higher end of my max heart rate for that. I was thinking about concentrating on cardio for weight loss but decided that is silly, I usually only go up a pound or two then work at losing it and am fine and I need to be way less obsessive about that. (I also just read a report that said they were rethinking the idea of working out longer at lower heart rate for weight loss and that working out harder for shorter times might be as effective so if that's true then I'm killing two birds with one stone but in any case, I'm glad to reset my priorities on health instead of vanity, which in my case is what the other focus was.) Anyway, I kept putting off this workout all day but am glad I finally did it, I felt great when I was done. I decided too that I'll stay with Cardio 1-2 for this week. The high intensity part in the beginning is still enough for that I think another week or so will be good plus I'm not sure I have enough workout time the rest of the week to move up to a longer workout this week!

This morning was back to my regular routine of working out right after the kids get on the bus. I moved up to Sculpt 3-4 today. My tape is in bad condition and most of the time shows blurred double images. Almost all the exercises though are the same as in 1-2 (or are also in Power Half Hour videos or I know them from another source) so I didn't really need to look up all that much. There was only 1 forearm exercise where I wasn't sure what he was doing so I'm going to find that again and look it up on the internet (or ask here). I've never done exercises specifically for the forearm before (there are 2 in this workout). This tape is more intense than 1-2 because there are 4 circuits instead of 3 (each repeated twice) and MANY more pushups and squats. He does a segment of pushup max and squat max... literally do as many as you can in whatever time is allotted for it (I didn't notice this time) whatever style you want for pushups. I actually did well overall on the pushups (squats weren't a problem though sometimes they are). I still have a horrible time with tricep pushups but got deeper down and for more reps this time. There are tricep dips too, he tells you to do straight leg now, no bent legs allowed. I managed to do 11 out of 15 (1 more than last time I did the 1-2 tape, on Saturday). I was really tired and not in the mood to workout today but this was my best chance for a workout and I'm glad I did it when I did. I hate going the whole day thinking, I gotta get my workout in still. So that's one very important thing off the to do list and that is good. Because I was tired though, I lowered my weights a bit (8s instead of 10s on a lot, 7s instead of 8s on others). I liked this one much better than sculpt 1-2. Overall, I'm still not sure if this is at or below my fitness level (same with cardio 1-2 though I think that is closer at least) but am going to at least finish up the month and see what I want to do after that.

Felt like I rambled here (still tired I guess) so I apologize for that. Now, off to get a few more things crossed off the to do list before the kids come home and the evening insanity starts!