RemedySpot.com

Re: NANCY Re: Tuesday: Back to P90 & Yoga for Energy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks Jen!

You're doing really well!! Just a caution (from my own experience, not a reflection on you at all) not to burn yourself out trying to make it all melt off at once or trying to make yourself super fit right away. Make it totally manageable and sustainable for your life and your interests and then it will become that way. You are just doing so great though. I'm certainly not trying to suggest you aren't, just want to help you keep it going and going and going...! You are AWESOME!!

NANCY Re: Tuesday: Back to P90 & Yoga for Energy

Great job , I'm doing pretty good too!

I'm going to try and walk for at least 30 minutes everyday and then every other day I will do either another 30 minute walk or ride on my airydyne bike PLUS doing a workout video.

That should help me get into shape fast,

Jen

nancydewolf <nancydewolfsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:

I finally got a real workout in again after nursing a sore knee for a couple of days then celebrating my birthday (it was Saturday but we had "festivities" all weekend). Yesterday I was all set to workout but got distracted by cleaning my house. I was even scrubbing walls (which I never do and could tell). I cleaned for over 3 hours and it wasn't a pig sty or anything but I just kept finding more things I could do and by the time I was done it felt so much more comfortable being here (did all the things I've been putting off but keep looking at) so that was a good workout in itself! :-) Today though was back to work, literally, I have to leave in a little while, and that seems to pull me back into my regular routine. I decided to pick up with P90 Circuit Sculpt 3-4 since it is a Tuesday and my new thing is MWF for cardio, TTHS for strength and Sunday for rest/stretching. My back was a tiny bit sore from pushing a WAY too heavy cart around Costco yesterday (was shopping with my best friend and we loaded up one cart, which I pushed since she has a bad back, she could have pushed her own though and will next time!) but was fine once I loosened up a bit. I was able to use heavy weights (mostly 10 and 8s). I had to use a 5 on the left side for tricep back scratches but could go up to 8 on the right side. I figure as long as I work each side at the weight it is able to do they'll even out! Did better on the pushups today. Lost count for sure on how many I did but it was a lot (all on my knees except the decline ones with feet on the chair at the beginning). Definitely strengthening there. I like this workout I've decided. Tony doesn't do much for stretching though and I had extra time so I also did the Awakening practice from Rodney Yee's Yoga for Energy VHS tape. I LOVE this practice. Helps me stretch so nicely, especially the lower body and just makes me feel so peaceful and ready for whatever lies ahead.

I still want to try Sweat Cardio 3-4 but won't have time until at least Friday for that. Wednesday will either be Sweat Cardio 1-2 or I might substitute a walking workout I got from netflix just to try it out. It is shorter than 3-4 and around the same time as 1-2 so it might work. Will decide when I get there.

Okay, gotta finish a few things around here then head out! I hope everyone has good workouts. I've been reading some and then hitting delete because I'm way behind again but even when I don't reply I'm really enjoying the discussions and am inspired by everyone's workouts!

Don't worry I have planned easy days, I have to with my crazy work schedule. I'm just going to walk for 30 minutes today and play volleyball tonight. Jen nancydewolf wrote: Thanks Jen! You're doing really well!! Just a caution (from my own experience, not a reflection on you at all) not to burn yourself out trying to make it all melt off at once or trying to make yourself super fit right away. Make it totally manageable and sustainable for your life and your interests and then it will become that way. You are just doing so great though. I'm certainly not trying to suggest you aren't, just want to help you keep it going and going and going...! You are AWESOME!! NANCY Re: Tuesday: Back to P90 & Yoga for Energy Great job , I'm doing pretty good too! I'm going to try and walk for at least 30 minutes everyday and then every other day I will do either another 30 minute walk or ride on my airydyne bike PLUS doing a workout video. That should help me get into shape fast, Jen nancydewolf <nancydewolfsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: I finally got a real workout in again after nursing a sore knee for a couple of days then celebrating my birthday (it was Saturday but we had "festivities" all weekend). Yesterday I was all set to workout but got distracted by cleaning my house. I was even scrubbing walls (which I never do and could tell). I cleaned for over 3 hours and it wasn't a pig sty or anything but I just kept finding more things I could do and by the time I was done it felt so much more comfortable being here

(did all the things I've been putting off but keep looking at) so that was a good workout in itself! :-) Today though was back to work, literally, I have to leave in a little while, and that seems to pull me back into my regular routine. I decided to pick up with P90 Circuit Sculpt 3-4 since it is a Tuesday and my new thing is MWF for cardio, TTHS for strength and Sunday for rest/stretching. My back was a tiny bit sore from pushing a WAY too heavy cart around Costco yesterday (was shopping with my best friend and we loaded up one cart, which I pushed since she has a bad back, she could have pushed her own though and will next time!) but was fine once I loosened up a bit. I was able to use heavy weights (mostly 10 and 8s). I had to use a 5 on the left side for tricep back scratches but could go up to 8 on the right side. I figure as long as I work each side at the weight it is able to do they'll even out! Did better on the pushups today. Lost count for sure on how many

I did but it was a lot (all on my knees except the decline ones with feet on the chair at the beginning). Definitely strengthening there. I like this workout I've decided. Tony doesn't do much for stretching though and I had extra time so I also did the Awakening practice from Rodney Yee's Yoga for Energy VHS tape. I LOVE this practice. Helps me stretch so nicely, especially the lower body and just makes me feel so peaceful and ready for whatever lies ahead. I still want to try Sweat Cardio 3-4 but won't have time until at least Friday for that. Wednesday will either be Sweat Cardio 1-2 or I might substitute a walking workout I got from netflix just to try it out. It is shorter than 3-4 and around the same time as 1-2 so it might work. Will decide when I get there. Okay, gotta finish a few

things around here then head out! I hope everyone has good workouts. I've been reading some and then hitting delete because I'm way behind again but even when I don't reply I'm really enjoying the discussions and am inspired by everyone's workouts!