RemedySpot.com

Jen / Jen's review of Power 90's Sweat 1-2 and Kathy 's Leanwalk

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Great review, Jen! You are doing so well, and don't worry, yoga takes a lot of practice and it WILL get easier. I first took yoga at 235 lbs (I'm 5'4") and I couldn't hold a downdog for very long and there were lots of poses I had to sit out in child's pose while the rest of the class did the poses I couldn't do. The joy is, one day all of the sudden you'll be able to do something you weren't able to do before and you'll be so happy all day long knowing you can do it now! I was never able to do plough pose because my tummy was in the day. One day I took yoga from a very different instructor who went through the poses very slowly, even more than Rodney Yee in Yoga Burn (he may have been from the Iyengar school) and because he stressed elongation first and we did it slowly and thoroughly I could feel my toes touch the floor behind me! I was on cloud nine and have been able to do it since. You're off to such a great start, don't let yoga discourage you. Everyone is different and anyone at any level can reap the rewards of yoga. 3 cheers to you Jen!