RemedySpot.com

Re: [Exercise Videos]t running shoes /rebounder

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Okay, my legs are TOAST. Carolyn, you neglected to tell me the silly rebounder would fry my legs!!! LOL Oh my goodness!

I started with the dvd that came with the tramp (and I do mean that in a negative way, although my cursing has begun to decrease in intensity), and lasted for the grand total of SIX minutes. I knew it was going to be difficult, but not to that extent. My knees seem fine, but tomorrow will be the test. I couldn't keep up, and I felt like my legs were going to give out, and my bottom was burning, too! So, I got off, and walked around to un-jelly my legs and bring my heart rate down. (oh my goodness, have I mentioned what a workout that was? LOL)

Then I put in the Debbie Rocker Walking for Weight Loss dvd, and it was a great workout. I did it all on the rebounder, and it was great. Much easier to march on the darn thing than to jump! And the boxer shuffles were just so much easier than on the floor. I loved Debbie's instructing, and her two friends were not robots, and by using intervals (shuffles, jogs, high knees), she made it a decent calorie burner (although that may have been an effect of the rebounder). Between the rebounder dvd and the Walking dvd I went for 30 minutes, and burned 211 cals - not bad at all. My legs are going to feel this tomorrow! I hope my knees are okay, too, and then I will be able to throw in a good rebounder workout for working my legs. Fun fun fun.

Took a shower, and then I thought I'd better stretch out. But my kids had taken over the front room...<ding!> idea - dh had bought a little dvd player on sale over the holidays, so I took it upstairs to my bedroom, and did Slim and Limber away from everyone. That's a good stretch, and it's so nice to have another option. There's carpeting in my bedroom, so I didn't even need to haul my mat around.

-----Original Message-----From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ]On Behalf Of nancydewolf

You're welcome for the snow ! My kids are now enjoying some well-earned hot chocolate after attempting to sled through 12 inches or more of snow! When our driveway was plowed the snowbanks were huge, like I remember from when I was a kid (probably because the snow didn't melt so fast then and built up over the season more than from 1 big snowfall). My kids enjoyed finally getting a visual of what DH and I have talked about.

Will be looking forward to hearing about your rebounder session! I'm doing P90 sculpt in a little while. I might work on shoveling the front walk and porch if DH or DS don't get to it first.

I think I've watched Air Farce before. Your New Year's sounds about as exciting as ours, maybe more so because you were playing games!

Happy New Year and Happy Rebounder Workout!

Awesome ! Sounds like you are going to enjoy that new rebounder!!DarcyOn Jan 1, 2008 1:26 PM, Stuparyk <stuparyk@...

> wrote:

Okay, my legs are TOAST. Carolyn, you neglected to tell me the silly rebounder would fry my legs!!! LOL Oh my goodness!

I started with the dvd that came with the tramp (and I do mean that in a negative way, although my cursing has begun to decrease in intensity), and lasted for the grand total of SIX minutes. I knew it was going to be difficult, but not to that extent. My knees seem fine, but tomorrow will be the test. I couldn't keep up, and I felt like my legs were going to give out, and my bottom was burning, too! So, I got off, and walked around to un-jelly my legs and bring my heart rate down. (oh my goodness, have I mentioned what a workout that was? LOL)

Then I put in the Debbie Rocker Walking for Weight Loss dvd, and it was a great workout. I did it all on the rebounder, and it was great. Much easier to march on the darn thing than to jump! And the boxer shuffles were just so much easier than on the floor. I loved Debbie's instructing, and her two friends were not robots, and by using intervals (shuffles, jogs, high knees), she made it a decent calorie burner (although that may have been an effect of the rebounder). Between the rebounder dvd and the Walking dvd I went for 30 minutes, and burned 211 cals - not bad at all. My legs are going to feel this tomorrow! I hope my knees are okay, too, and then I will be able to throw in a good rebounder workout for working my legs. Fun fun fun.

Took a shower, and then I thought I'd better stretch out. But my kids had taken over the front room...<ding!> idea - dh had bought a little dvd player on sale over the holidays, so I took it upstairs to my bedroom, and did Slim and Limber away from everyone. That's a good stretch, and it's so nice to have another option. There's carpeting in my bedroom, so I didn't even need to haul my mat around.

-----Original Message-----From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ]On Behalf Of nancydewolf

You're welcome for the snow ! My kids are now enjoying some well-earned hot chocolate after attempting to sled through 12 inches or more of snow! When our driveway was plowed the snowbanks were huge, like I remember from when I was a kid (probably because the snow didn't melt so fast then and built up over the season more than from 1 big snowfall). My kids enjoyed finally getting a visual of what DH and I have talked about.

Will be looking forward to hearing about your rebounder session! I'm doing P90 sculpt in a little while. I might work on shoveling the front walk and porch if DH or DS don't get to it first.

I think I've watched Air Farce before. Your New Year's sounds about as exciting as ours, maybe more so because you were playing games!

Happy New Year and Happy Rebounder Workout!

Stuparyk wrote:

> Okay, my legs are TOAST. Carolyn, you neglected to tell me the silly

> rebounder would fry my legs!!! LOL Oh my goodness!

im sorry!! but i dont get fried legs... i guess im just used to it

(?)

i hope that your knees are ok! i will feel bad if you are in alot

of pain from the workout :(

:*carolyn.

You must be used to it, or in better shape than I am (likely). Don't feel

bad - you didn't buy it for me, and then hold a gun to my head! Silly girl.

<g>

I really enjoyed doing the walking workout on it, and I'm going to love what

it does for my legs, I'm sure.

-----Original Message-----

Stuparyk wrote:

> Okay, my legs are TOAST. Carolyn, you neglected to tell me the silly

> rebounder would fry my legs!!! LOL Oh my goodness!

im sorry!! but i dont get fried legs... i guess im just used to it

(?)

i hope that your knees are ok! i will feel bad if you are in alot

of pain from the workout :(

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1206 - Release Date: 1/1/2008

12:09 PM

Stuparyk wrote:

> You must be used to it, or in better shape than I am (likely).

lol.... i seriously doubt im in better shape. ive had the thing for

quite some time and im just used to it. when you are jumping on

it, be sure that you are concentrating more on pushing down into the

mat and not just springing up off of it.

>Don't feel

> bad - you didn't buy it for me, and then hold a gun to my head! Silly girl.

no, but i really want you to like using it. i think that it is

great fun and a good workout!

i would hate it if it makes your knee worse.

> I really enjoyed doing the walking workout on it, and I'm going to love what

> it does for my legs, I'm sure.

well, im looking forward to hearing about your future adventures

with it. good luck with it!