RemedySpot.com

Powersculpt, aka Power-Pulped + fitness find at Fred's (Krogers)!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This morning I went to the debut of Powersculpt at the gym, taught my by my friend. It was a head to toe weight lifting class that had some traditional exercises (squats, chest presses, tricep extensions) but also with some "zingers" such as one legged hip hinges with one foot on the ground and the other foot out in back, extending the lowering arm back up in an arc above the head, thus also working the back. I had to do these with both feet on the ground as my balance isn't all that great and believe me, this option was plenty difficult. Another creative quadripcep drill that looks easy but is a killer, is to sit straight up on the floor with your legs out in front of you. You could do this against your sofa (we did it against a step with 2 risers) . I challenge you all to do some of these: Flex your right foot and lift your leg up 5 or 6 inches off the floor for 2 counts, then down. Do that 16 times. Then take that same flexed

leg up for 2 out to the right for two back in for two, down for two. Do that move 16 times. Repeat on the left. Ow ow ow!My lower body was so fried from this I didn't stay for Turbo Kick. My body was shaking!I mentioned earlier that my balance isn't that good. Well did I ever find the perfect fitness thing for me at Fred's today! Remember when I had that personal training session and he made me do squats on dyna disks?? Well they had those at Freds for $13, so I picked up two of them . This is the poor man's bosu, and I'm going to get a bosu workout and see if I can adapt it to 2 dyna disks! You can do a pushup with one hand on each disk, squats with one foot on each disk, even bicep curls while standing on disks! This should improve my core strength and balance dramatically! I will start using these during sculpting workouts. So excited!Last year my new year's

gadget was the Twister, which I only used once :( but I still like it and wouldn't get rid of it. I've also still never really used the dual ab wheel that I got for free at the apartment dumpster. I just thought of a toughie - one foot on each disk in a plank position with ab roller in your hands and rolling back up that way. Ha ha! just kidding..

Pink Pussycat wrote:

> My lower body was so fried from this I didn't stay for Turbo Kick.

wow! you missed TK?!? you really must have been frying!

> Remember when I

> had that personal training session and he made me do squats on dyna

> disks?? Well they had those at Freds for $13, so I picked up two of

> them .

hey, there are some current workouts that use those... see

www.fitnessfix.ca

(they also use the foam roller)

>I've also still

> never really used the dual ab wheel that I got for free at the

> apartment dumpster.

i havent been using my ab slide either! we are so bad!

>I just thought of a toughie - one foot on each

> disk in a plank position with ab roller in your hands and rolling back

> up that way. Ha ha! just kidding..

OMG! imagine that!!! that would be so cool if we could really do

that....LOL

:*carolyn.

Wow ! That Powersculpt class must have been tough if you didn't stay for Turbo Kick!!

Those exercises you describe do sound great and hard too!

Congratulations on your great finds!!!

You gave me an idea... I have a balance board from my son's OT work... maybe I could make P90 even more challenging by doing the weights on the balance board? I've got pretty good balance overall though, this could be an interesting experiment though.

Speaking of workout toys... DH and I were watching infomercials at 1:30 in the morning this morning... don't know why, we just were, and saw this one for the Red Exerciser abs machine. It was hilarious! They showed these very fit looking models just twisting back and forth on a red bar stool with handles and before and after photos of very overweight people who credit their awesome new bodies to only the Red machine (no diet changes or other exercise necessary of course). Here's a link to the product: https://www.redexerciser.com/home.aspx for anyone wanting to see it. At least the P90X and Hip Hop Abs infomercials look like you really do work hard and really could transform your body, but definitely not magically. (Please, no one tell me you have one of these Red stools at home...)

This morning I went to the debut of Powersculpt at the gym, taught my by my friend. It was a head to toe weight lifting class that had some traditional exercises (squats, chest presses, tricep extensions) but also with some "zingers" such as one legged hip hinges with one foot on the ground and the other foot out in back, extending the lowering arm back up in an arc above the head, thus also working the back. I had to do these with both feet on the ground as my balance isn't all that great and believe me, this option was plenty difficult. Another creative quadripcep drill that looks easy but is a killer, is to sit straight up on the floor with your legs out in front of you. You could do this against your sofa (we did it against a step with 2 risers) . I challenge you all to do some of these: Flex your right foot and lift your leg up 5 or 6 inches off the floor for 2 counts, then down. Do that 16 times. Then take that same flexed leg up for 2 out to the right for two back in for two, down for two. Do that move 16 times. Repeat on the left. Ow ow ow!My lower body was so fried from this I didn't stay for Turbo Kick. My body was shaking!I mentioned earlier that my balance isn't that good. Well did I ever find the perfect fitness thing for me at Fred's today! Remember when I had that personal training session and he made me do squats on dyna disks?? Well they had those at Freds for $13, so I picked up two of them . This is the poor man's bosu, and I'm going to get a bosu workout and see if I can adapt it to 2 dyna disks! You can do a pushup with one hand on each disk, squats with one foot on each disk, even bicep curls while standing on disks! This should improve my core strength and balance dramatically! I will start using these during sculpting workouts. So excited!Last year my new year's gadget was the Twister, which I only used once :( but I still like it and wouldn't get rid of it. I've also still never really used the dual ab wheel that I got for free at the apartment dumpster. I just thought of a toughie - one foot on each disk in a plank position with ab roller in your hands and rolling back up that way. Ha ha! just kidding..

• 2 weeks later...

I have two of those disk's. They are awesome! My clients cringe when I get them out for squats. Enjoy them.

Tonya L. -www.smellabella.comwww.trainingwithtonya.com

This morning I went to the debut of Powersculpt at the gym, taught my by my friend. It was a head to toe weight lifting class that had some traditional exercises (squats, chest presses, tricep extensions) but also with some "zingers" such as one legged hip hinges with one foot on the ground and the other foot out in back, extending the lowering arm back up in an arc above the head, thus also working the back. I had to do these with both feet on the ground as my balance isn't all that great and believe me, this option was plenty difficult. Another creative quadripcep drill that looks easy but is a killer, is to sit straight up on the floor with your legs out in front of you. You could do this against your sofa (we did it against a step with 2 risers) . I challenge you all to do some of these: Flex your right foot and lift your leg up 5 or 6 inches off the floor for 2 counts, then down. Do that 16 times. Then take that same flexed leg up for 2 out to the right for two back in for two, down for two. Do that move 16 times. Repeat on the left. Ow ow ow!My lower body was so fried from this I didn't stay for Turbo Kick. My body was shaking!I mentioned earlier that my balance isn't that good. Well did I ever find the perfect fitness thing for me at Fred's today! Remember when I had that personal training session and he made me do squats on dyna disks?? Well they had those at Freds for $13, so I picked up two of them . This is the poor man's bosu, and I'm going to get a bosu workout and see if I can adapt it to 2 dyna disks! You can do a pushup with one hand on each disk, squats with one foot on each disk, even bicep curls while standing on disks! This should improve my core strength and balance dramatically! I will start using these during sculpting workouts. So excited!Last year my new year's gadget was the Twister, which I only used once :( but I still like it and wouldn't get rid of it. I've also still never really used the dual ab wheel that I got for free at the apartment dumpster. I just thought of a toughie - one foot on each disk in a plank position with ab roller in your hands and rolling back up that way. Ha ha! just kidding..