RemedySpot.com

Re: Stability Ball Week

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Sara!

I'm so happy to hear that Quincy's eye is better!!! Your stability ball week sounds like fun too and got me thinking about all those ball workouts I have and want to do. I don't know if I have any of the ones you have though. Have a super fun time with your DH home and enjoy your snow shoeing too! I'm glad you were able to check in and share a bit about what you've been doing!

Stability Ball Week

Hi All, I've been keeping up on digest, even though I haven't posted much this week! Everyone is doing great, and I'm looking forward to hearing about Chalene Extreme! My DH is off work this week, so I've been enjoying having him around so much. We finished up xmas shopping on Monday, so now all I have to do is a little baking and then wrap the presents. My DH only has to work this Mon & Tues, and then is off again until after New Years, too. So I'm not sure how much I'll post next week, either. Might be busy out playing all the great snow we have! We'll see. Oh, and I'm happy to report that Quincy's eye is healed! No more e-collar! He's happy about that after two months of wearing it all the time! ;) The doc said that there is some scarring, and he's likely to have the same problem on one or both eyes in the future, but for now we're glad he's feeling better!Anyway, my stability ball week went pretty well. I wasn't feeling 100% at the beginning of the week, kind of blah and tired. I took a rest day on Tues, and I'm okay with that since I was definitely feeling more peppy on Wednesday. Here's what I did this week:Mon: TLT – Finding Your Core – Tues: restWed: BLT On A Ball – Voight + You can do abs – SansoneThurs: tmill, 45 minFri – Project You – Lower Body/abs + Upper Body/abs – Kathy Finding Your Core was a pretty good workout, but I was kinda bored with it. Not sure why exactly, could have just been an off day. has good cueing, and the music was catchy in places, but overall I didn't love the workout. Some parts had a classic FIRM feel, and the set was nice with a lovely water view outside the large windows for a backdrop. had a lot of unique moves, and made good use of the stability ball.BLT (Butt, Legs, & Tummy) was enjoyable, and as my first Voight workout, I liked it – and her. She is pleasant and encouraging, cues well, and offers good form tips. This is a nice little workout at just under 30 minutes. I've done the abs section from You Can Do Abs before, but there is also a short upper body workout on this disc as well, for just over 20 minutes between the two sections. I knew there was only one set of each exercise, so I went quite heavy and got a decent burn from this one, too. does all the reps super slow with lots of rest and explanation, but I used a regular pace and also worked while she explained things, so I ended up getting a lot more reps than she did. Not a bad pair of workouts at all! And while I didn't get to the Project You workouts until very late in the day on Friday (it was almost 9 pm when I finished!) – I REALLY liked these two! Most enjoyable workouts I've done in quite a while, I think! Each workout is 30 minutes, and very thorough. Kathy really moves through the exercises in these, and there isn't much rest between exercises. Kathy gives a lot of good form pointers, and there are four backgrounders that offer lots of different options – ball or no ball, beginner, advanced, etc. The music isn't super, but it's much better than say, Slim Series – and the beat was *perfect* for the rep speed. I really connected with this one, and enjoyed it a lot. There aren't any warm ups with these, as she assumed you have just done a cardio workout, so I did my own warm up while watching the beginning, and then started again when I was warm. The cool down/stretch was also on the short side, but I really didn't mind having to do more on my own – the 30 minutes were very well used in each workout! There is a good bit of standing leg work in the lower body workout – glute kicks, leg raises, etc - that was pretty tough! I can already feel some DOMs in my glutes, and that hasn't happened in a while. And I'm feeling it in my upper body, too. And while the rep speed is higher, the exercises are basic and I think you could really get a super tough workout out of this one by going higher in weight. A big thumbs up from me!! I've been very fortunate in my thrifty finds lately at Goodwill and Half Price Books, too. Highlights include Turbo Jam – Punch, Kick, And Jam (brand new!); Cathe's Total Cardio Step (contains 3 workouts); and most exciting – Body Pump #41! The Body Pump vhs is in really rough shape on the outside, but so far it plays fine. I might be able to squeeze that one in after xmas, along with the other Body Pump on my to-do list. Oh, and my new heavy bag from DH arrived, too! Now we just need to figure out a nifty sliding mount system for it – oh, and I need gloves – and I'll be all set! And in case I don't post very much next week - I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!!Sara

Hi ,

Thanks! Quincy thanks you, too! :) I'd love to hear about any ball

workouts you have! I really like my Core Secrets videos, but my goal

this week was to do all ball workouts that were NOT Core Secrets. So

I'm always looking to try new ones. I have two of the 10 min

solutions one with the ball, too but wasn't in a 10 min mood, lol.

I already said this, but I really liked the Project You workouts. I

have a few of the other Project You as well, but I don't think the

full body workout is as ball-oriented as these two are.

Sara

>

> Hi Sara!

>

> I'm so happy to hear that Quincy's eye is better!!! Your stability

ball week sounds like fun too and got me thinking about all those

ball workouts I have and want to do. I don't know if I have any of

the ones you have though. Have a super fun time with your DH home and

enjoy your snow shoeing too! I'm glad you were able to check in and

share a bit about what you've been doing!

>

>

>

> Stability Ball Week

>

>

> Hi All,

>

> I've been keeping up on digest, even though I haven't posted much

> this week! Everyone is doing great, and I'm looking forward to

> hearing about Chalene Extreme! My DH is off work this week, so I've

> been enjoying having him around so much. We finished up xmas

> shopping on Monday, so now all I have to do is a little baking and

> then wrap the presents. My DH only has to work this Mon & Tues, and

> then is off again until after New Years, too. So I'm not sure how

> much I'll post next week, either. Might be busy out playing all the

> great snow we have! We'll see. Oh, and I'm happy to report that

> Quincy's eye is healed! No more e-collar! He's happy about that

> after two months of wearing it all the time! ;) The doc said that

> there is some scarring, and he's likely to have the same problem on

> one or both eyes in the future, but for now we're glad he's feeling

> better!

>

>

Enjoy your ball week!! I was thinking of starting back w/ strength training using a lot of my stability ball workouts, too. They seem to be pretty back-friendly.

Enjoy the snow and having DH around. Glad Quincy's eye is better!Donna

Subject: Stability Ball WeekTo: exercisevideos Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 7:22 PM

Hi All, I've been keeping up on digest, even though I haven't posted much this week! Everyone is doing great, and I'm looking forward to hearing about Chalene Extreme! My DH is off work this week, so I've been enjoying having him around so much. We finished up xmas shopping on Monday, so now all I have to do is a little baking and then wrap the presents. My DH only has to work this Mon & Tues, and then is off again until after New Years, too. So I'm not sure how much I'll post next week, either. Might be busy out playing all the great snow we have! We'll see. Oh, and I'm happy to report that Quincy's eye is healed! No more e-collar! He's happy about that after two months of wearing it all the time! ;) The doc said that there is some scarring, and he's likely to have the same problem on one or both eyes in the future, but for now we're glad he's feeling better!Anyway, my

stability ball week went pretty well. I wasn't feeling 100% at the beginning of the week, kind of blah and tired. I took a rest day on Tues, and I'm okay with that since I was definitely feeling more peppy on Wednesday. Here's what I did this week:Mon: TLT – Finding Your Core – Tues: restWed: BLT On A Ball – Voight + You can do abs – SansoneThurs: tmill, 45 minFri – Project You – Lower Body/abs + Upper Body/abs – Kathy Finding Your Core was a pretty good workout, but I was kinda bored with it. Not sure why exactly, could have just been an off day. has good cueing, and the music was catchy in places, but overall I didn't love the workout. Some parts had a classic FIRM feel, and the set was nice with a lovely water view outside the large windows for a backdrop. had a lot of unique moves, and made good use of the stability

ball.BLT (Butt, Legs, & Tummy) was enjoyable, and as my first Voight workout, I liked it – and her. She is pleasant and encouraging, cues well, and offers good form tips. This is a nice little workout at just under 30 minutes. I've done the abs section from You Can Do Abs before, but there is also a short upper body workout on this disc as well, for just over 20 minutes between the two sections. I knew there was only one set of each exercise, so I went quite heavy and got a decent burn from this one, too. does all the reps super slow with lots of rest and explanation, but I used a regular pace and also worked while she explained things, so I ended up getting a lot more reps than she did. Not a bad pair of workouts at all! And while I didn't get to the Project You workouts until very late in the day on Friday (it was almost 9 pm when I finished!) – I REALLY liked these

two! Most enjoyable workouts I've done in quite a while, I think! Each workout is 30 minutes, and very thorough. Kathy really moves through the exercises in these, and there isn't much rest between exercises. Kathy gives a lot of good form pointers, and there are four backgrounders that offer lots of different options – ball or no ball, beginner, advanced, etc. The music isn't super, but it's much better than say, Slim Series – and the beat was *perfect* for the rep speed. I really connected with this one, and enjoyed it a lot. There aren't any warm ups with these, as she assumed you have just done a cardio workout, so I did my own warm up while watching the beginning, and then started again when I was warm. The cool down/stretch was also on the short side, but I really didn't mind having to do more on my own – the 30 minutes were very well used in each workout! There is a good bit of standing

leg work in the lower body workout – glute kicks, leg raises, etc - that was pretty tough! I can already feel some DOMs in my glutes, and that hasn't happened in a while. And I'm feeling it in my upper body, too. And while the rep speed is higher, the exercises are basic and I think you could really get a super tough workout out of this one by going higher in weight. A big thumbs up from me!! I've been very fortunate in my thrifty finds lately at Goodwill and Half Price Books, too. Highlights include Turbo Jam – Punch, Kick, And Jam (brand new!); Cathe's Total Cardio Step (contains 3 workouts); and most exciting – Body Pump #41! The Body Pump vhs is in really rough shape on the outside, but so far it plays fine. I might be able to squeeze that one in after xmas, along with the other Body Pump on my to-do list. Oh, and my new heavy bag from DH arrived, too! Now we just need to figure out a

nifty sliding mount system for it – oh, and I need gloves – and I'll be all set! And in case I don't post very much next week - I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!!Sara