RemedySpot.com

Weekly Checkin and Can I whine?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

I think this is what I did last week:

Sunday - 3 Fast Miles/Element Pilates for Weight Loss (Mat work)

Monday - Cardio Coach Volume 3/ (4 miles) Classical Stretch 30 min workout

Tuesday - Ellen Barrett - Slo Robics (from Fit TV), Mari Winsor Pilates for Pink

Wed - Walk Slim 4 Miles/Classical Stretch 30 min workout

Thursday - Classical Stretch Full Body Workout Volume 1

Friday - TM (4 miles - 50 minutes), 10 Min Solution Pilates - abs, upper and lower

The past two days have been rest days - Saturday is my normal day off (so I can sleep later one day per week!), Sunday I normally workout but we have a houseguest and I don't want to wake him up by going into my workout area. I can tell this is going to be a challenge over Xmas when we're going to have different people staying over for about 5 days in a row. I like having company, but I hate the disruption - particularly b/c inactivity is one of the worst things for my back, besides my office chair (which is my whine for today!) I may try to see how loud the TM is and, if it isn't too bad, I may do that when we have company overnight. I am going to try to squeeze at least two miles on this afternoon -

I'm bummed about my back - it was doing very well until Wed when my office chair messed it up. I managed to get it at least feeling better by Friday - and I had a chiro apptmt yesterday where he noted how my back is tight again (grr - it was doing great for about 5 days - which, of course, coincided w/ not being in the office much!) It certainly is no worse than it had been before, and stretching helps, and i do recover much faster (at least in terms of symptoms going away - but as my chiro keeps pointing out - symptoms are just the tip of the iceberg!) but I think not exercising today (so far) is messing it up - so, I think I'm just gonna have to say the heck w/ everyone and the housechores today and hop on the TM for at least a 2 mile walk to at least loosen up. My stretching helped - and htis morning i inadvertenly popped my hip back in place (I didn't realize it was out until I went to stretch and it popped back

in!)

It is funny b/c I always thought it was my exercising that messed up my back - but now I'm thinking it is the more mundane stuff like sitting in a desk chair for 8 + hours a day. GRR! Well, I guess i can't rule out some of the exercsing since i haven't gone back to my "regular" workouts yet, but I"m thinking if I do those w/ a little common sense (in other words, schedule them so that I'm not doing them soley and inserting enough stretching and gentler stuff in there) I may be okay (as long as I don't plan to sit at work!)

Take care, sorry for the whine!Donna

Have you ever considered requesting a new more ergonomic chair for work? We have numerous people within our company with them. I also know of a few people who use a stability ball at work as well. I know my chair isn't helping my back either, especially since I jack it up so high to see my PC better.

Kathy

From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ] On Behalf Of Donna M-PSent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 7:15 AMTo: exercisevideos ; FitFirmies Subject: Weekly Checkin and Can I whine?

Hi Everyone,

Tuesday - Ellen Barrett - Slo Robics (from Fit TV), Mari Winsor Pilates for Pink

Friday - TM (4 miles - 50 minutes), 10 Min Solution Pilates - abs, upper and lower

The past two days have been rest days - Saturday is my normal day off (so I can sleep later one day per week!), Sunday I normally workout but we have a houseguest and I don't want to wake him up by going into my workout area. I can tell this is going to be a challenge over Xmas when we're going to have different people staying over for about 5 days in a row. I like having company, but I hate the disruption - particularly b/c inactivity is one of the worst things for my back, besides my office chair (which is my whine for today!) I may try to see how loud the TM is and, if it isn't too bad, I may do that when we have company overnight. I am going to try to squeeze at least two miles on this afternoon -

I'm bummed about my back - it was doing very well until Wed when my office chair messed it up. I managed to get it at least feeling better by Friday - and I had a chiro apptmt yesterday where he noted how my back is tight again (grr - it was doing great for about 5 days - which, of course, coincided w/ not being in the office much!) It certainly is no worse than it had been before, and stretching helps, and i do recover much faster (at least in terms of symptoms going away - but as my chiro keeps pointing out - symptoms are just the tip of the iceberg!) but I think not exercising today (so far) is messing it up - so, I think I'm just gonna have to say the heck w/ everyone and the housechores today and hop on the TM for at least a 2 mile walk to at least loosen up. My stretching helped - and htis morning i inadvertenly popped my hip back in place (I didn't realize it was out until I went to stretch and it popped back in!)

It is funny b/c I always thought it was my exercising that messed up my back - but now I'm thinking it is the more mundane stuff like sitting in a desk chair for 8 + hours a day. GRR! Well, I guess i can't rule out some of the exercsing since i haven't gone back to my "regular" workouts yet, but I"m thinking if I do those w/ a little common sense (in other words, schedule them so that I'm not doing them soley and inserting enough stretching and gentler stuff in there) I may be okay (as long as I don't plan to sit at work!)

Hi Kathy,

I'm going to ask my chiro for some good recommendations on chairs. I keep switching mine out every few days w/ ones that are in vacant offices/cubicles. it seems that one "works" for awhile, bu then becomes uncomfortable. I really am going to try the ball - my boss will probably give me a side-ways look about it - but it is better than being in pain. It really is a blessing that I work at home 2X per week - it really helps to be able to move around more and to not have the commute.

Thanks for your input on the Exhale workouts. I may give them a try - since they're "hot" right now, if I find they don't work for my back I should be able to trade or sell them easily.

Take care!Donna

Subject: RE: Weekly Checkin and Can I whine?To: exercisevideos , FitFirmies Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:46 AM

Have you ever considered requesting a new more ergonomic chair for work? We have numerous people within our company with them. I also know of a few people who use a stability ball at work as well. I know my chair isn't helping my back either, especially since I jack it up so high to see my PC better.

Kathy

From: exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:exercisevid eosyahoogroups (DOT) com] On Behalf Of Donna M-PSent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 7:15 AMTo: exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com; FitFirmies@yahoogro ups.comSubject: Weekly Checkin and Can I whine?

Hi Everyone,

I'm bummed about my back - it was doing very well until Wed when my office chair messed it up. I managed to get it at least feeling better by Friday - and I had a chiro apptmt yesterday where he noted how my back is tight again (grr - it was doing great for about 5 days - which, of course, coincided w/ not being in the office much!) It certainly is no worse than it had been before, and stretching helps, and i do recover much faster (at least in terms of symptoms going away - but as my chiro keeps pointing out - symptoms are just the tip of the iceberg!) but I think not exercising today (so far) is messing it up - so, I think I'm just gonna have to say the heck w/ everyone and the housechores today and hop on the TM for at least a 2 mile walk to at least loosen up. My stretching helped - and htis morning i inadvertenly popped my hip back in place (I didn't realize it was out until I went to stretch and it popped back

in!)