RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: New workouts that I am enjoying

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I too am finding I can no longer overtrain my body. I am now 48 years old and all of my prior sports-related injuries are coming back to haunt me. My left knee is a mess anymore and the bottoms of my feet and both ankles are chronically sore. I never had this problem until this year so I don't know whether or not it's overtraining or something I should have an orthopedic doctor look into. In the meantime, I am trying to concentrate on workouts like this, yoga, pilates, and cardio to keep me in shape.

I have to say that I really, really liked both workouts. These instructors have over 50 years of combined training experience which was quite attactive to me. Here is there site:

http://www.exhalespa.com/

--Kathy Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius. Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you? Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius

-------------- Original message --------------

thanks for the review, these sound like good dvd's. Also, good to hear that Jari is working on 4 more dvd's! But I'm kinda scared to see what they are like since R & C was her last and it is pretty tough, I was trying to do it 3x week, but I think it was overtraining for me, since I ended up getting sick...this was at the end of the September Jari Rotation. I was doing bodypump 3x a week so it wasn't like I wasn't used to that type of workout, but R & C is supersetting and just totally exhuasted my muscles.>> I have been having difficulties with my knees so I was looking for newer> workouts that were kinder and gentler on my left very sore knee and my> ankles. I saw an interview with Heidi Klum who gave kudos to the Exhale Spa> in NYC and Cali

fornia for her great body. They have two new workouts on DVD> called Core Fusion Pilates Plus and Core Fusion Body Sculpt. I have now> done both and I would say they they are a cross between Lotte Berk,> Callenetics, and Squeeze. I love both workouts. The instructors are calm,> assured and not at all condescending to the exerciser. Both DVDs have 5 -> 10 minute routines that emphasize a different section of the body (upper> body, thighs, glutes, core, relaxation). In the bonus section of each DVD,> they offer a 5 minute extra workout. When I finished each DVD I thought,> this was simple but hard to do. After 24 hours, I was saying "ouch!" as I> felt a good soreness in new places. Both workouts are a nice addition to> the normal weights and cardio I normally do. > > On a separate note, I had an email from Jari Love and she stated that she is> filming fou

r new workouts! I still don't have Ripped and Chiseled, but I am> already excited to hear about her 4 new ones.> > > > Kathy>

I didn't even check with my library, I should have. I think you will like.

Kathy

From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ] On Behalf Of c_kleistSent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 9:11 PMTo: exercisevideos Subject: Re: New workouts that I am enjoying

Thanks for the link. I was able to place a hold on the pilates one at my library. I'm 2nd in cue for it, so hopefully I'll have my sinus infection kicked before getting it. I also placed a hold on Angie 's strength and core fusion I stumbled on trying to find clips for exhales videos.http://www.collagevideo.com/item.aspx?item=7969 & reviewstart=41#--- In exercisevideos , kvetro60@... wrote:>> I too am finding I can no longer overtrain my body. I am now 48 years old and all of my prior sports-related injuries are coming back to haunt me. My left knee is a mess anymore and the bottoms of my feet and both ankles are chronically sore. I never had this problem until this year so I don't know whether or not it's overtraining or something I should have an orthopedic doctor look into. In the meantime, I am trying to concentrate on workouts like this, yoga, pilates, and cardio to keep me in shape. > > I have to say that I really, really liked both workouts. These instructors have over 50 years of combined training experience which was quite attactive to me. Here is there site:> > http://www.exhalespa.com/> > --> Kathy > > Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius. > Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you? > Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius> > -------------- Original message -------------- > > thanks for the review, these sound like good dvd's. Also, good to > hear that Jari is working on 4 more dvd's! But I'm kinda scared to > see what they are like since R & C was her last and it is pretty tough, > I was trying to do it 3x week, but I think it was overtraining for > me, since I ended up getting sick...this was at the end of the > September Jari Rotation. I was doing bodypump 3x a week so it wasn't > like I wasn't used to that type of workout, but R & C is supersetting > and just totally exhuasted my muscles.> > > >> > I have been having difficulties with my knees so I was looking for > newer> > workouts that were kinder and gentler on my left very sore knee and > my> > ankles. I saw an interview with Heidi Klum who gave kudos to the > Exhale Spa> > in NYC and California for her great body. They have two new > workouts on DVD> > called Core Fusion Pilates Plus and Core Fusion Body Sculpt. I > have now> > done both and I would say they they are a cross between Lotte Berk,> > Callenetics, and Squeeze. I love both workouts. The instructors > are calm,> > assured and not at all condescending to the exerciser. Both DVDs > have 5 -> > 10 minute routines that emphasize a different section of the body > (upper> > body, thighs, glutes, core, relaxation). In the bonus section of > each DVD,> > they offer a 5 minute extra workout. When I finished each DVD I > thought,> > this was simple but hard to do. After 24 hours, I was > saying "ouch!" as I> > felt a good soreness in new places. Both workouts are a nice > addition to> > the normal weights and cardio I normally do. > > > > On a separate note, I had an email from Jari Love and she stated > that she is> > filming four new workouts! I still don't have Ripped and Chiseled, > but I am> > already excited to hear about her 4 new ones.> > > > > > > > Kathy> >>