RemedySpot.com

RE: [FitFirmies] Kathy - New workouts that I am enjoying

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I know I should see a doctor but I keep putting it off. This colder weather is not helping matters either.

The workouts definitely have that Lotte Berk/Callenetics feel but I had no back discomfort at all during or after which I got doing those two workouts. They do a a lot of "C" shape based abdominal work which I found tucked in my belly and felt good on my back. Both workouts are definitely low impact and they work the muscle and then stretch out the area to give that longer lean look I love.

Kathy

From: FitFirmies [mailto:FitFirmies ] On Behalf Of Donna M-PSent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 6:49 AMTo: exercisevideos ; FitFirmies Subject: [FitFirmies] Kathy - New workouts that I am enjoying

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the info on these - I saw them at Borders and I was intrigued. As you know, these days I"m mostly doing walking/low impact stuff for cardio and Pilates/Pilates Fusion for strength training due to my back.

BTW, if I were you - I'd go see an ortho for your feet/ankle/knee issues - it may be something they can clear up with orthotics or something. I, for one, wish I addressed my back issues sooner than I did - I think I suffered unnecessarily by avoiding seeing someone about it.

You mentioned these were Callanatics/Lotte Berk-ish - I have to ask - how much pelvic tucking was required? That move is murder on my back - though oddly, I find the "C" stretch in Classical Stretch to be very helpful which does tuck your pelvis (as well as "round" your upper back), but perhaps it works for me b/'c you don't actually perform exercises in that shape w/ Classical Stretch -it is just a stretch? I dunno.

Take care!Donna

From: kvetro60comcast (DOT) net <kvetro60comcast (DOT) net>Subject: Re: Re: New workouts that I am enjoyingTo: exercisevideos Date: Saturday, December 6, 2008, 8:50 PM

I too am finding I can no longer overtrain my body. I am now 48 years old and all of my prior sports-related injuries are coming back to haunt me. My left knee is a mess anymore and the bottoms of my feet and both ankles are chronically sore. I never had this problem until this year so I don't know whether or not it's overtraining or something I should have an orthopedic doctor look into. In the meantime, I am trying to concentrate on workouts like this, yoga, pilates, and cardio to keep me in shape.

I have to say that I really, really liked both workouts. These instructors have over 50 years of combined training experience which was quite attactive to me. Here is there site:

http://www.exhalesp a.com/

--Kathy Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius. Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you? Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius

------------ -- Original message ------------ -- From: "c_kleist" <ckleistcomcast (DOT) net>

thanks for the review, these sound like good dvd's. Also, good to hear that Jari is working on 4 more dvd's! But I'm kinda scared to see what they are like since R & C was her last and it is pretty tough, I was trying to do it 3x week, but I think it was overtraining for me, since I ended up getting sick...this was at the end of the September Jari Rotation. I was doing bodypump 3x a week so it wasn't like I wasn't used to that type of workout, but R & C is supersetting and just totally exhuasted my muscles.>> I have been having difficulties with my knees so I was looking for newer> workouts that were kinder and gentler on my left very sore knee and my> ankles. I saw an interview with Heidi Klum who gave kudos to the Exhale Spa> in NYC and Cali fornia for her great body. They have two new workouts on DVD> called Core Fusion Pilates Plus and Core Fusion Body Sculpt. I have now> done both and I would say they they are a cross between Lotte Berk,> Callenetics, and Squeeze. I love both workouts. The instructors are calm,> assured and not at all condescending to the exerciser. Both DVDs have 5 -> 10 minute routines that emphasize a different section of the body (upper> body, thighs, glutes, core, relaxation). In the bonus section of each DVD,> they offer a 5 minute extra workout. When I finished each DVD I thought,> this was simple but hard to do. After 24 hours, I was saying "ouch!" as I> felt a good soreness in new places. Both workouts are a nice addition to> the normal weights and cardio I normally do. > > On a separate note, I had an email from Jari Love and she stated that she is> filming fou r new workouts! I still don't have Ripped and Chiseled, but I am> already excited to hear about her 4 new ones.> > > > Kathy>