RemedySpot.com

Monday workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow ! This sounds like a killer workout! 565 calories is awesome too!!

Monday workout

Hi,

This morning I did what was on the rotation schedule, The Viper from The Terminator DVD. I really dreaded doing this workout because I remember how hard it was and boy is it a toughie.

I can tell my body is not use to circuit type workouts. I was so breathless in between cardio and then weight work.

Here is how this workout is made up. She combines one cardio section from Cardio & Weights + one Imax2 interval + two or three Muscle Endurance upper body heavy weights Then repeat this pattern 4 times doing different exercises each time.

Here is the breakdown of the weight sections and the amount of weight I used:

cardio # 1

1st weight section:

Bar bell squats- 30 lb

Dead lifts- 40 lbs

One arm rows- 20 lbs

Cardio # 2

2nd weight section:

Bar bell curls- 20 lb (these are hard)

Dips

Kick Backs- 5 lbs

Cardio # 3

3rd weight section:

shoulder press- 10 lb

side lateral raise- 8 lb

Cardio # 4

Pyramid pushups with side planks- toes

Chest press/flys- 15 lbs

I couldn't go as heavy as I wanted to because I was still trying to recover from the cardio.

I was totally wiped out by the end. I'm sure glad there isn't any abs at the end.

I burned 565 calories.

The Viper is an awesome fun workout, but wow its tough. I'm glad its done!!

Have a great day!!!

~**~~**~

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Good job, . I did a Cathe workout too. Cardio and weights, only without the step. I wondered about leaving it out, but didn't want to push my knees. Turned out to be a good thing - I'd mixed this dvd up with Body Fusion (just in my head - C and W was on the schedule), and the choreography would have killed me! I know I didn't get as good a workout without the step, but it was excellent practise to try it without. I did almost all the dvd (ff'd some of the cardio) for a total of 60 minutes (that's huge for me). I was sweaty but happy at the end. Oh, that's a dandy workout. Too bad my hrm was wonky - it says 255 cals burned, but it kept reading 00, so I know it was higher - probably closer to the high 200's.

, glad to have a teen home to shovel snow today!

To: firmies4life ; exercisevideos

Hi,

This morning I did what was on the rotation schedule, The Viper from The Terminator DVD. I really dreaded doing this workout because I remember how hard it was and boy is it a toughie.

I can tell my body is not use to circuit type workouts. I was so breathless in between cardio and then weight work.

Here is how this workout is made up. She combines one cardio section from Cardio & Weights + one Imax2 interval + two or three Muscle Endurance upper body heavy weights Then repeat this pattern 4 times doing different exercises each time.

Here is the breakdown of the weight sections and the amount of weight I used:

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

I bet you could beat me up

LOL,

LOL oh no, I don't think so. But I'll take that as a nice compliment

~~It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

I'm so glad you got a fun morning cardio in ! Your plan makes a lot of sense too about waiting until evening to do things like Imax. I'm still trying to figure out when is best for me to take on the more intense workouts. I think it is morning before I'm so awake that my body knows what kind of torture I have planned for it! :-)

Monday workout

Hi,

This morning was cardio, but I debated on whether I wanted to do it this morning or do it this evening. As many of you know, my energy level is terrible early in the morning. I figured I'd eat a lighter breakfast and since the cardio wasn't too intense I'd give it another go and see how I felt.

I went with Christi Totally Hot Cardio. This was a really fun and since it's not terrible high impact I felt pretty good. This workout is around 45 minutes without the abs. I didn't do the abs, I've got abs scheduled for this evening. I burned 387 calories so I'm real happy with that.

I think I'll do OK with cardio early in the morning, but not any kind like of Imax or the higher intensity ones. I'll just save those for evening after I've had a full day of fueling up. Its really not worth it if I'm so weak and can barely get through it.

Here's to another new week.

Have a great day!

~**~

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

Guest guest

fitgrl222@... wrote:

> I went with Christi Totally Hot Cardio. This was a really fun

> and since it's not terrible high impact I felt pretty good.

good! im glad that this morning cardio went well for you michelle.

:*c.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Well, I still don't have my Sept rotation planned out, but I did Get Ripped this morning.

If I stick with the Ripped rotation I'm going to be adding in my pushup challenge. Jari does pushups (I think) in all her workouts so I'll insert them then and just do as many as I can and ignore what she's doing. I think that will be a good time to get it in.

Warm up- BB 20

Squats 35

Plie Squats 35

pushups 25 on my toes (no rests)

chest press 30

lying pullovers 15

skull crushers 20

tricep press 20

Adductors & Abductors

Dead lifts rows 35

back lunges DB 10

curls BB 20

lateral raises DB 7

front raises DB 7

I wore this silly HRM again and all the numbers sound right except for the calorie burn. It said I only averaged 121 for the entire 55 minutes (which sounds right to me)but yet I burned 416 calories, NO WAY! Looks like I may be taking this thing back and get another Polar. I like the monitor though. It reads right away and everything, but calorie burn is definitely wrong.

It only has a place for your weight which I find odd. Usually you put in your height and age too.

I hope you all have great workouts today.

Have a great holiday

~**~It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.

• 3 weeks later...

fitgrl222@... wrote:

> I still included S & H because I think its

> such a great workout to burn out the muscle and its great used as a mish

> mosh. So I went with that and Amy Bento's Slo-Mo. This was an awesome

> combination. *

hi michelle!! your combo workouts are really cool !! did you

have a protein shake afterward? im loving mine, which i have

most mornings.

:*carolyn.