RemedySpot.com

To Donna and Carolyn OT Cheryl/

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Donna, you forgot about me, the other Michigander. They said we got just under 8" but I think it was really 10". We're suppose to get a couple more tonight and they go into an Arctic DEEP FREEZE...how fun!How much snow are you expecting Carolyn? Jen

From: DeWolf <nancydewolf@ sbcglobal. net>Subject: Re: Re: CherylTo: exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 9:45 PM

I hadn't thought about getting my laundry done!! Eeek, I'd better get started! I'm worried about losing power too. I'm supposed to be doing a WW at Work meeting at 7 AM but called and told them if we get dumped on like we're expecting I won't be there. DH said it might be only 4" at that time (since the storm is supposed to really hit around 4 AM) but with my luck it will be 6" or more by the time I get done! No thank you. They barely plow my road as is, I'm not taking any chances. I'm getting up at 5:30 just to see what is going on and if school is cancelled and if it is I'm going back to bed.

Even the thought of trying to sell a house in Michigan right now sends chills down my spine, Cheryl. I'm sure your stress is even higher with DH gone so much and those two wonderful but high energy young boys. Hang in there and let us know if you need encouragement (or just space to vent)!

Re: Cheryl

I replied but for some reason it was lost...thanks for the encouragement. We haven't moved yet, but my dh is down there working during the week and coming home on the weekend, so that is pretty stressful with 2 active boys (4 and 5.5 years old). The housing market is soooo bad here that we were advised by real estate agents to wait until the spring, which is fine because I want to wait until school is out to make the transition, it will be easier on everyone and will give the boys a chance to settle into new home, new routine, etc. We have a huge winter storm looming this way, where we are I think they are now saying over 8" of snow...so I've got a lot to get done and laundry, hopefully we won't lose electricity or I'll be up a creek without a paddle:)> >> > We'll be moving to OH, it will be less than 3 hours away, but much > > more of a rural type setting than I'm used to (live in > > northern 'burbs of Detroit).>

We got a good 10 " snowfall on Friday, and add that to what we already

had on the ground, so we've got a total of over 12 " . Now today, it

has been soooo windy that we've got almost a 3 ft snow drift on our

deck. There was a path cleared for the dog to go out, but by dinner

tonight that path was obliterated. Our sub hasn't been plowed and

I'm thinking about not sending my kindergartener to school this

Monday and Tuesday. He was out sick last Wed and Thurs (no school

Fri) with mainly a really bad cough. He's got asthma and took him to

the allergist because I couldn't get the cough under control and

didn't want him to go into bronchitis or have to go on oral

steroids. He had minor cold symptoms but mainly a horrible cough. I

tried today without cough med and he's still got a little cough and

still coughs at night with the cough med, and I just don't want him

to get more germs and be sick for xmas. We had to increase the puffs

on his regular inhaler because he is very non-compliant with doing

breathing treatments, which would have really helped, but I actually

have to sit and pinch his nose so he has to breathe thru his mouth to

get the medicine in. So then he fights me and pulls the mouth piece

out of his mouth so he really isn't breathing much of the meds in.

Ugh!

> > >

> > > We'll be moving to OH, it will be less than 3 hours away, but

> much

> > > more of a rural type setting than I'm used to (live in

> > > northern 'burbs of Detroit).

> >

>

Ugh! As someone with asthma, I know how rough a cold can be with it. Have you tried the masks instead of the mouthpiece on the nebulizer? Thats what I had to do with my DS when he was little and wouldn't use the mouthpiece correctly.

Tonya

Re: To Donna and Carolyn OT Cheryl/

We got a good 10" snowfall on Friday, and add that to what we already had on the ground, so we've got a total of over 12". Now today, it has been soooo windy that we've got almost a 3 ft snow drift on our deck. There was a path cleared for the dog to go out, but by dinner tonight that path was obliterated. Our sub hasn't been plowed and I'm thinking about not sending my kindergartener to school this Monday and Tuesday. He was out sick last Wed and Thurs (no school Fri) with mainly a really bad cough. He's got asthma and took him to the allergist because I couldn't get the cough under control and didn't want him to go into bronchitis or have to go on oral steroids. He had minor cold symptoms but mainly a horrible cough. I tried today without cough med and he's still got a little cough and still coughs at night with the cough med, and I just don't want him to get more germs and be sick for xmas. We had to increase the puffs on his regular inhaler because he is very non-compliant with doing breathing treatments, which would have really helped, but I actually have to sit and pinch his nose so he has to breathe thru his mouth to get the medicine in. So then he fights me and pulls the mouth piece out of his mouth so he really isn't breathing much of the meds in. Ugh!> > >> > > We'll be moving to OH, it will be less than 3 hours away, but > much > > > more of a rural type setting than I'm used to (live in > > > northern 'burbs of Detroit).> >>

I've tried everything and as long as I can keep things under somewhat

control with his inhaler, I don't use anything else. He's on the

pulmicort flexhaler, one of those powdered ones, and it is THE only

one he'll use. He's a bit young for it, but the dr said he's ok with

it since he doesn't notice the taste. If he weren't inhaling strong

enough, he said he would be complaining about the aftertaste, which

is the problem with all the other inhalers, even when I use spacers

with them.

> > > >

> > > > We'll be moving to OH, it will be less than 3 hours away,

but

> > much