RemedySpot.com

Imax 3

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I should have known than to try this workout today. Wow. I nearly died. LOL.. Here I thought I had a lot of energy and it would be a good one to take on. Boy, was I WRONG. I modified a bit, mostly during the step sections just trying to catch my breath. Yikes. I do love all the Imaxes though. I think I might be coming down with something. I slept again until 6:30 this morning and my throat is sooo dry. Anyway, I burned 737 calories with my average being 151. I also trained today too, but I will admit the ony weight-lifting I did was to hand them to my client ;)

I then spent the next 6 hours gift-wrapping for my boys. Oh My. I go way overbored w/ X-mas. It's so hard not to... always find the deals, and I just love my kids on x-mas morning. Anyway, I am paying for it dearly. My back is kiling me again :( GRRR....

Tomorrw, I am not working out nearly as hard as I have the last two days. Looking forward to something a bit less intense..Darcy

Hi Darcy,

Sorry your back is still giving you grief, mine is as well - I spent the whole day yesterday on my feet baking (after Housework and Animal-Clean Up Max)! I think I'd be a lot farther along in my recovery from this recent injury if I took it a little easier yesterday. Oh well - the holidays only come around once. I need to gift wrap, too. I was going to do it last night but my back really needed a break. I hope to start on on it tonight - I still have MORE baking to do, but hopefully it won't be an all-day affair!

Back stuff is interesting - too little activity is bad, too much is bad......Take care,

Donna

Subject: Imax 3To: CatheFans , "exercisevideos" <exercisevideos >Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 9:11 PM

I should have known than to try this workout today. Wow. I nearly died. LOL.. Here I thought I had a lot of energy and it would be a good one to take on. Boy, was I WRONG. I modified a bit, mostly during the step sections just trying to catch my breath. Yikes. I do love all the Imaxes though. I think I might be coming down with something. I slept again until 6:30 this morning and my throat is sooo dry. Anyway, I burned 737 calories with my average being 151. I also trained today too, but I will admit the ony weight-lifting I did was to hand them to my client ;)I then spent the next 6 hours gift-wrapping for my boys. Oh My. I go way overbored w/ X-mas. It's so hard not to... always find the deals, and I just love my kids on x-mas morning. Anyway, I am paying for it dearly. My back is kiling me again :(

GRRR....Tomorrw, I am not working out nearly as hard as I have the last two days. Looking forward to something a bit less intense..Darcy

That is right-on about back activity. I think for me, I feel more of the pain when I sit around too long. My back feels the best after a workout when my muscles are warm and I'm good and stretched out.I'm going on 2 weeks now with it being down and out. It doesn't feel much better than the 2nd or 3rd day right now. It was feeling great until I sat on the floor for 5 hours and gift-wrapped. DUH!

Darcy

Hi Darcy,

Sorry your back is still giving you grief, mine is as well - I spent the whole day yesterday on my feet baking (after Housework and Animal-Clean Up Max)! I think I'd be a lot farther along in my recovery from this recent injury if I took it a little easier yesterday. Oh well - the holidays only come around once. I need to gift wrap, too. I was going to do it last night but my back really needed a break. I hope to start on on it tonight - I still have MORE baking to do, but hopefully it won't be an all-day affair!

Back stuff is interesting - too little activity is bad, too much is bad......Take care,

Donna

Subject: Imax 3To: CatheFans , " exercisevideos " <exercisevideos >

Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 9:11 PM

I should have known than to try this workout today. Wow. I nearly died. LOL.. Here I thought I had a lot of energy and it would be a good one to take on. Boy, was I WRONG. I modified a bit, mostly during the step sections just trying to catch my breath. Yikes. I do love all the Imaxes though. I think I might be coming down with something. I slept again until 6:30 this morning and my throat is sooo dry. Anyway, I burned 737 calories with my average being 151. I also trained today too, but I will admit the ony weight-lifting I did was to hand them to my client ;)

I then spent the next 6 hours gift-wrapping for my boys. Oh My. I go way overbored w/ X-mas. It's so hard not to... always find the deals, and I just love my kids on x-mas morning. Anyway, I am paying for it dearly. My back is kiling me again :(

GRRR....Tomorrw, I am not working out nearly as hard as I have the last two days. Looking forward to something a bit less intense..Darcy

Hi Darcy,

I'm sorry your back is still bothering you. When mine is flairing up, I have trouble sitting on the floor, too (it feels like there is just something too tight in there to allow me to be in that position).

It sounds like we have very similar issues - have you tried some gentle back bends - I find that those are very helpful to counter-act all the forward leaning "work" I do (sitting at a desk/computer, sitting on the floor, driving, helping give me DD a bath, etc.) Although most "stretches" are forward leaning, I find the gentle back bends to be the most helpful along with supine stretches - knee to chest, hamstring, figure "4". Recline cobbler's pose is also good for me - it seems to get into my hip flexors/groin and release the tightness.

I hope you feel better soon! :)

Donna

From: Darcy Ledman <exercise.junkie@ gmail.com>Subject: Imax 3To: CatheFans@yahoogrou ps.com, "exercisevideos" <exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com>Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 9:11 PM

I should have known than to try this workout today. Wow. I nearly died. LOL.. Here I thought I had a lot of energy and it would be a good one to take on. Boy, was I WRONG. I modified a bit, mostly during the step sections just trying to catch my breath. Yikes. I do love all the Imaxes though. I think I might be coming down with something. I slept again until 6:30 this morning and my throat is sooo dry. Anyway, I burned 737 calories with my average being 151. I also trained today too, but I will admit the ony weight-lifting I did was to hand them to my client ;)I then spent the next 6 hours gift-wrapping for my boys. Oh My. I go way overbored w/ X-mas. It's so hard not to... always find the deals, and I just love my kids on x-mas morning. Anyway, I am paying for it dearly. My back is kiling me again :(

Thanks Donna and Tonya. I went to a chiropractor who has been around for years. I've heard good things about him. I liked him, his personality (pony tail and all), however I don't feel like he did much at all. He did ONE stretch for my back and then used a vibrator thing on it. He didn't give me a clear explanation as to what was going on either. And wants me to come back (of course).

When I was pregnant I went to an osteopath for my sciatic nerve pain. It was heaven. I walked out of there a new woman. I may check into that, but even w/ insurance I know it would cost a lot more. I really don't think I will bother with the chiropractor again unless I feel great tomorrow or something.... The back stretches I do felt better than the tiny bit he did :(

Darcy

Hi Darcy,

I'm sorry your back is still bothering you. When mine is flairing up, I have trouble sitting on the floor, too (it feels like there is just something too tight in there to allow me to be in that position).

It sounds like we have very similar issues - have you tried some gentle back bends - I find that those are very helpful to counter-act all the forward leaning " work " I do (sitting at a desk/computer, sitting on the floor, driving, helping give me DD a bath, etc.) Although most " stretches " are forward leaning, I find the gentle back bends to be the most helpful along with supine stretches - knee to chest, hamstring, figure " 4 " . Recline cobbler's pose is also good for me - it seems to get into my hip flexors/groin and release the tightness.

I hope you feel better soon! :)

Donna

Subject: Imax 3To: CatheFans@yahoogrou ps.com, " exercisevideos " <exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com>

I then spent the next 6 hours gift-wrapping for my boys. Oh My. I go way overbored w/ X-mas. It's so hard not to... always find the deals, and I just love my kids on x-mas morning. Anyway, I am paying for it dearly. My back is kiling me again :(

Hmm..sorry your experience wasn't that great. When I first went to my chiro the first thing we did was have a "consultation" where I told him my symptoms and he evaluated me (checked my mobility, range of motion, checked for nerve involvement, etc) then he took x-rays of my back from a couple of different views. Next appointment we talked about the results of my evaluation and went over the x-rays - then he did the vibrator thingy (I forget what it is called - electro-muscle stimulation??) and did three adjustments on my back. The first was for my mid back (basiically, w/ me laying down on my stomach he "pops" my vertebra in that area), then laying on my side he adjusts my lower back - basically by oppositionally rotating my hips and shoulders. He also does some gentle massage/stretching before the adjustment and after

the vibrator thing. Sometimes that alone gets my back re-aligned.

Is there anyone else in your town you can try? I would think an evaluation to find out what is going on would be the first step??

From talking to different people who have seen chiros, I know they vary in their approaches - some are more "manipulative" others are more of a PT approach.

Sorry it wasn't what you were hoping for!Donna

From: Darcy Ledman <exercise.junkie@ gmail.com>Subject: Imax 3To: CatheFans@yahoogrou ps.com, "exercisevideos" <exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com>

Hi Donna... Yes, there is one other one I could try, or otherwise I would consider an osteopath. I'm not sure how much that would cost me though. I suppose I could inquire to ask.Sounds like your chiropractor does more. Maybe after the initial one he will. He said he wasn't going to do much to see how I felt and go from there. But, IMO to see how I feel is going to be hard. My back varies day to day w/out adjustment. How will we know the adjustment is making the difference?? Ya know?? I also know I need to work on my posture. I am HORRIBLE about slumping my back. He mentioned that when a person is bending at the waiste, that an average weighing person puts 450 pounds of pressure on their lower back in this position. Yikes. I'm in that position a lot with tricep extensions..dumbell rows. Maybe I should eliminate that position and modify. Not like it would be hard..

Darcy

Hmm..sorry your experience wasn't that great. When I first went to my chiro the first thing we did was have a " consultation " where I told him my symptoms and he evaluated me (checked my mobility, range of motion, checked for nerve involvement, etc) then he took x-rays of my back from a couple of different views. Next appointment we talked about the results of my evaluation and went over the x-rays - then he did the vibrator thingy (I forget what it is called - electro-muscle stimulation??) and did three adjustments on my back. The first was for my mid back (basiically, w/ me laying down on my stomach he " pops " my vertebra in that area), then laying on my side he adjusts my lower back - basically by oppositionally rotating my hips and shoulders. He also does some gentle massage/stretching before the adjustment and after

the vibrator thing. Sometimes that alone gets my back re-aligned.

Is there anyone else in your town you can try? I would think an evaluation to find out what is going on would be the first step??

From talking to different people who have seen chiros, I know they vary in their approaches - some are more " manipulative " others are more of a PT approach.

Sorry it wasn't what you were hoping for!Donna

From: Darcy Ledman <exercise.junkie@ gmail.com>Subject: Imax 3To: CatheFans@yahoogrou ps.com, " exercisevideos " <exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com>

Wow, he didn't adjust you at all? Thats Strange! I wouldn't judge all chiropractors based on that. Maybe try a different one who acutally pops you?

Tonya

Imax 3To: CatheFans@yahoogrou ps.com, "exercisevideos" <exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com>

I should have known than to try this workout today. Wow. I nearly died. LOL.. Here I thought I had a lot of energy and it would be a good one to take on. Boy, was I WRONG. I modified a bit, mostly during the step sections just trying to catch my breath. Yikes. I do love all the Imaxes though. I think I might be coming down with something. I slept again until 6:30 this morning and my throat is sooo dry. Anyway, I burned 737 calories with my average being 151. I also trained today too, but I will admit the ony weight-lifting I did was to hand them to my client ;)I then spent the next 6 hours gift-wrapping for my boys. Oh My. I go way overbored w/ X-mas. It's so hard not to... always find the deals, and I just love my kids on x-mas morning. Anyway, I am paying for it dearly. My back is kiling me again :( GRRR....Tomorrw, I am not working out nearly as hard as I have the last two days. Looking forward to something a bit less intense..Darcy