RemedySpot.com

A Cure for my doldrums-- I hope!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Since losing my workout space to winterizing, I've been struggling to get back into a routine. I've been doing T-tapp, but have been having trouble even motivating myself to do that, since I'm sick of being inside and having to move stuff away and then back, just to have room to swing my arms and legs and to lie down near the TV in our teensy living room.

It's been cold and rainy, too, so outside's been a bust, especially while I had a cold. And the lack of sunlight really bites. Basically, I am deep in the pits and I've seen the effects on my waist and rear. So, when I saw our local Y was offering a " Biggest Loser " contest that was open to nonmembers ($75 for 12 weeks, prizes including a year's membership plus the entrance money refunded towards membership even if you don't win) I decided it was too good a deal to pass up.

Normally, going to a gym doesn't appeal, but I'm craving weight training terribly and right now it's just not feasible at home. Too, knowing that skipping a workout will hurt my team mates will be a powerful incentive to get in there and give it my all. The contest starts Monday, with an orientation meeting tonight. It sounds as though the contestants can use the Y's workout plan or make their own. I'm working on a tentative rotation right now, based on the structure of P90X, that I'll post after I see what equipment I have to work with and what the canned workout routine looks like. (I'm hoping they still have the assisted chin-up machine!). I plan on working in T-tapp's Basic Workout+, her Step Away the Inches workout, and Organs in Place/Half frogs throughout. I also plan on tossing in Adam Ford's Swiss ball workouts for the core, a bit of belly dance and (a yardsale find!) Zumba, as well as X Stretch and perhaps KenpoX a few times. The contest is decided on the combined % of bodyweight lost by each team, so even though I only have 15-20 lbs to lose, that'll be at least 10% for me, so maybe it won't handicap my team. *crosses fingers*

Normally, I'm just about the most UNcompetitive person alive, but for some reason, I'm on fire to do my absolute best and WIN this one for the Team! :-DTess, champing at the bit, and planning to stick those chocolate-covered expresso beans into the freezer for the duration

-- "The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! " ~Marvin ~