RemedySpot.com

Re: Wednesday/Donna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Donna,It is gentler. The kickbox section is pretty gentle. There's a bit of impact, but it's modifiable. I think it would be a good way to ease back into kickbox. Good luck with your back!

Hi ,

Thanks for mentioning that Janis worout - I think that one would be perfect for me to do when I want to try adding in some kickboxing to my routine. I used to do a lot of it, but since trying to get my back under control, I stopped and have only been doing low impact, walk-aerobics and the treadmill/bike, Pilates, etc. This one, I think would be good for me to try and see how kickboxing feels since it is a gentler workout.

Take care!Donna

Subject: WednesdayTo: exercisevideos

Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 10:23 AM

I started to do Firm it Up, but I felt so tight and sore in the lowerbody that I changed my mind. My hip flexors and rotators were so tightthey were snapping!I did Janis Saffell Tai Chi Balanced Workout instead. Perfect. It

loosened and warmed me up. It's a good barefoot workout.Happy workouts,

Hi Donna,That's such a good idea. I like to set goals for myself, but I think I need to change the way I plan. I hope you're on the mend too!

Hi ,

As one who is nursing an injury as well - you did the right thing by backing off. I have a hard time " planning " my workouts now b/c I don't want to be set mentally to do something and then wake up feeling off - so I try to have a plan " a " and a plan " b " in my head at all times.

Hope you continue to feel better!Donna

Subject: WednesdayTo: " exercisevideos " <exercisevideos >

Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 10:16 AM

Oh well. I got about 10 minutes into my workout when I realized I had to stop. For some reason, my right ankle felt really stiff. It just wasn't moving right I didn't want to strain it, so I backed down. I was doing Crunch Boot Camp because I had insomnia last night and slept in a little. This one is only 30 minutes long.

I'll just work on flexibility throughout the day. I'll ride my bike to work to take the load off the ankle. It's OK. It's already loosening up. Better safe than sorry.Happy workouts!

Hi ,

I'm quite "type A" at times, so I can often see myself pushing through a "planned" workout b/c it is on the "schedule" and it will mess up my "schedule" not to do it - :) I am trying to be better about listening to my body. My back is getting better slowly - I neglected it for a long time so it is taking longer than I would like to get better but it is improving (I've . I didn't really have a "wow" moment injury - just a slow building one! I'm not sure when/if I'll get back to doing exactly what I was doing before, but I'm happy to just be able to exercise and to be feeling better. And, oddly, I have actually lost weight w/ lower intensity workouts. I wasn't planning on losing weight and I really didn't need to, but I have. I think it is b/c I'm not as hungry. I'm also getting my "runner's body" back - I miss my training w/ weights though - but the PIlates/Walking/Jogging are making me "long and lean"

- not sure if I like it or not......I do miss my weights but whenever i have tried them my back has a fit. I hope to be able to incorporate them at least once or twice a week at some point. Pilates (and Classical Stretch) is very therapeutic for my back though.

Take care,

Donna

From: A. M. <plantpowered@ gmail.com>Subject: WednesdayTo: "exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com" <exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com>Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 10:16 AM

Oh well. I got about 10 minutes into my workout when I realized I had to stop. For some reason, my right ankle felt really stiff. It just wasn't moving right I didn't want to strain it, so I backed down. I was doing Crunch Boot Camp because I had insomnia last night and slept in a little. This one is only 30 minutes long. I'll just work on flexibility throughout the day. I'll ride my bike to work to take the load off the ankle. It's OK. It's already loosening up. Better safe than sorry.Happy workouts!

I think it's pretty inspiring that you found a new way to do things, and that it's seems to be having very positive effects. It's something to think about. Sometimes it's so hard realizing that your old methods aren't appropriate anymore, but that it's OK to change course and try a new kind of routine. I hope you continue to find success this way!

Hi ,

I'm quite " type A " at times, so I can often see myself pushing through a " planned " workout b/c it is on the " schedule " and it will mess up my " schedule " not to do it - :) I am trying to be better about listening to my body. My back is getting better slowly - I neglected it for a long time so it is taking longer than I would like to get better but it is improving (I've . I didn't really have a " wow " moment injury - just a slow building one! I'm not sure when/if I'll get back to doing exactly what I was doing before, but I'm happy to just be able to exercise and to be feeling better. And, oddly, I have actually lost weight w/ lower intensity workouts. I wasn't planning on losing weight and I really didn't need to, but I have. I think it is b/c I'm not as hungry. I'm also getting my " runner's body " back - I miss my training w/ weights though - but the PIlates/Walking/Jogging are making me " long and lean "

- not sure if I like it or not......I do miss my weights but whenever i have tried them my back has a fit. I hope to be able to incorporate them at least once or twice a week at some point. Pilates (and Classical Stretch) is very therapeutic for my back though.

Take care,

Donna

To: " exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com " <exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com>

Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 10:16 AM

Oh well. I got about 10 minutes into my workout when I realized I had to stop. For some reason, my right ankle felt really stiff. It just wasn't moving right I didn't want to strain it, so I backed down. I was doing Crunch Boot Camp because I had insomnia last night and slept in a little. This one is only 30 minutes long.

I'll just work on flexibility throughout the day. I'll ride my bike to work to take the load off the ankle. It's OK. It's already loosening up. Better safe than sorry.Happy workouts!