RemedySpot.com

What a day! OT...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow, do I have a horrible experience to share with you guys. I was downstairs working out this morning when I hear my 3YO scream in pain.. As I get upstairs I greet him in the hallway screaming pointing at his penis. Well, guess what. He zipped his little penis up in his pajamas! You know how he's been sick.. that's how I ended up ridding his underwear (he had a skid mark..sorry if TMI). Anyway, he zipped himself up, and I couldn't get him unstuck! :( It was horrible. I called ER, and they said I would just have to do it. So I go there knowing I only had one chance and gave it my all for the zipper to go back down. It didn't budge. But, it did bring my son into hysterics and who was now crying harder than before, and who wouldn't let me touch him again.. I ended up calling the clinic that my midwife works at to see if she had any expertise and to see if there were any numbing gel I could get on him. The clinic told me to bring him right in, and they would get everything ready... Well, I had to have two people. I needed a driver because I was going to have to hold him in the car, and I needed someone to watch my other boys. Luckily, after racking my brain and playing phone tag, I got my MIL and stepdaughter there. Oh, and the clinic called me back and said that he needed to go to ER just in case he would bleed when they would get him " unstuck " . Wow. My mom met me in the ER room (she was in town shopping). Bryar freaked when he seen the table, but I think he knew there was no other solution. Luckily, and THANK GOD, the Doctor had it out in less than a minute. Oh my. What a terrible experience. This little man has went through sooooo much this year. I just said when we went to bed last night that it's been a terrible year for him, and then this. UGH... (oh, and the doctor said he had to take the zipper back up and then back down - so my forceful jerk of down..surely didn't help...UGH)

I have to watch it for infection, otherwise he's fine. He was walking like a duck at first, but now acting perfectly normal. Oh, and on the way home he was crying his belly hurt. We got him home just in the nick of time to get back on the toilet.... So lucky he wasn't vomiting and doing the other whIle he was " tied up " .

Anyway, moral of the story, NEVER EVER let your little boy have zipper-jammies on w/out underwear!!!!Darcy