RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: OT: Starting School (again, sorry)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If this is true, then it's great news, unfortunately it's not what we are being told by anyone - the schools that we have spoken to have told us that if we applied next year they would shove him into Year 1 and skip reception! That's the worst possible scenario that we could have. Do you know where this is written down? Where is the law stated? I don't have a clue where to find it.

thanks for the info,

Darla

if you are sending to school, must be in school first term after they turn 5. so if your child turns five in february, he does not have to go to school until the following september that year. Our own boy is going to be 5 next month. He wont have to go to school until he is 5 and almost 7 months.we held him back a year in nursery, i.e. he did 2 years of nursery (mind you he is not in nursery now as we are homeschooling. >> Hi All,> We are having tremendous difficulty with being told widely varying things > about what will happen if we hold back a year (he wouldn't start reception > until he would be 5years and 4 months old). We understand that the law > states that he must be in education when he turns 5. Can someone point me to > this "law" in written format or perhaps the guiding code of practice for > education? > > Thanks very much,> Darla x>