RemedySpot.com

workout plans for the week

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm being very conservative in my estimate of how often I'm going to work out this week. It looks like a calmer week overall and I'm doing much better overall now too. I am starting to get a plan for how we'll handle health insurance and mortgage on unemployment. It isn't going to be pretty no matter what but thankfully, my dad has told me he will help us if necessary and I'm getting information on public assistance for insurance for the kids, food, etc. This really stinks and I've spent many hours stewing in my own misery, fear and self-pity and I think I'm finally getting it together and feeling more like my, normally confident (and trusting in God to bring us through everything), self more of the time, hopefully soon that will be most of the time. I need to for my own mental health and physically also. When I'm depressed I don't care about working out even and I really need to work out to help with the depression and other negative feelings. The attitude shift should help both my exercise efforts and my weight management efforts (which haven't been going well lately either). I'm still scared. The economy here is so horrible that I don't know when DH will find another job and we really do not want to move (can't sell our house anyway). I'm digging in my heels for it being a long run and picking up what work I can too. I might even put my name in as a substitute teacher (I was certified in 1989 and it lapsed but I can still sub even with it lapsed). Anyway... if all goes according to plan, I can get workouts in on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday for sure, just gotta make myself do it. Friday and Saturday are bonus days. I'm focusing on just doing whatever I want to do without any real fitness goals. My only goal is to get myself back into regular workouts and the best way to do that right now is to do workouts that sound fun or that I want to do for whatever reason. So... here we go...

Monday: SWAT workout: Weight Loss and Fat Burning. I have this home from Netflix and want to get it done. I'm not super excited to do it but just want to be able to try it and send it back. I'm going to close my Netflix account tomorrow too before I'm billed for another month. I have plenty and more workouts that I haven't done yet that I need to try. They'll keep me busy for a very long time and the $8 or $9, whatever it is, I spend each month on Netflix can go towards something more necessary, plus it will make me less wanting to buy new workouts too! When DH is employed again I might reactivate the account. I've really enjoyed trying especially newer workouts through it (a lot of what I have to work through is on VHS) but I have to cut expenses and while this is a very small one, it all adds up (and is one of the least painful cuts I'm going to have to force myself to make.

Wednesday: Lower Body Workout, Upper Body Workout and Cardio Core Workout all from WW Next Move ( Dozois). I've done the cardio workout on this disc many times but I don't think I've done any of the strength workouts or if I have it has been a long time and I don't remember them. I've really been wanting to try them too and haven't figured out how to work them in. There is one more strength workout too, Total Body Toning, but I think I've done that one. Each of these is 20 minutes long so that is probably enough for me. I don't remember what Cardio Core is like, if I've even previewed or done it but if it isn't enough cardio then I might add in the 20 minute cardio workout on the disc too.

Thursday: I really need yoga. I haven't done any flexibility in so long and I feel it. I'll either do a long practice from YCFE (I haven't done any of the longer practices yet and want to try them) or one of the compilations on Eoinn Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness probably.

Bonus workouts... possibly some FIRM, maybe some , possibly Cathe or Jari... we'll see.

Wish me luck!

Just wanted to pop in to give you some ((HUGS)) . I can only imagine the stress you are going through w/ DH's employment situation. And, I agree, the economy is very scary now and those of us who are still employed should be very thankful for that - at any moment any one of us could be in your situation.

I think it is great that you are still working out and planning your workouts - you're right it will help w/ your "sanity" There is so much outside of your control right now and it is nice to have something that is (your workouts and weight management!)

Hang in there!Donna

Subject: workout plans for the weekTo: exercisevideos Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:07 PM

I'm being very conservative in my estimate of how often I'm going to work out this week. It looks like a calmer week overall and I'm doing much better overall now too. I am starting to get a plan for how we'll handle health insurance and mortgage on unemployment. It isn't going to be pretty no matter what but thankfully, my dad has told me he will help us if necessary and I'm getting information on public assistance for insurance for the kids, food, etc. This really stinks and I've spent many hours stewing in my own misery, fear and self-pity and I think I'm finally getting it together and feeling more like my, normally confident (and trusting in God to bring us through everything), self more of the time, hopefully soon that will be most of the time. I need to for my own mental health and physically also. When I'm depressed I don't care about working out even and I really need to work out to help with

the depression and other negative feelings. The attitude shift should help both my exercise efforts and my weight management efforts (which haven't been going well lately either). I'm still scared. The economy here is so horrible that I don't know when DH will find another job and we really do not want to move (can't sell our house anyway). I'm digging in my heels for it being a long run and picking up what work I can too. I might even put my name in as a substitute teacher (I was certified in 1989 and it lapsed but I can still sub even with it lapsed). Anyway... if all goes according to plan, I can get workouts in on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday for sure, just gotta make myself do it. Friday and Saturday are bonus days. I'm focusing on just doing whatever I want to do without any real fitness goals. My only goal is to get myself back into regular workouts and the best way to do that right now is to do workouts

that sound fun or that I want to do for whatever reason. So... here we go...

Monday: SWAT workout: Weight Loss and Fat Burning. I have this home from Netflix and want to get it done. I'm not super excited to do it but just want to be able to try it and send it back. I'm going to close my Netflix account tomorrow too before I'm billed for another month. I have plenty and more workouts that I haven't done yet that I need to try. They'll keep me busy for a very long time and the $8 or $9, whatever it is, I spend each month on Netflix can go towards something more necessary, plus it will make me less wanting to buy new workouts too! When DH is employed again I might reactivate the account. I've really enjoyed trying especially newer workouts through it (a lot of what I have to work through is on VHS) but I have to cut expenses and while this is a very small one, it all adds up (and is one of the least painful cuts I'm going to have to force myself to make.

Wednesday: Lower Body Workout, Upper Body Workout and Cardio Core Workout all from WW Next Move ( Dozois). I've done the cardio workout on this disc many times but I don't think I've done any of the strength workouts or if I have it has been a long time and I don't remember them. I've really been wanting to try them too and haven't figured out how to work them in. There is one more strength workout too, Total Body Toning, but I think I've done that one. Each of these is 20 minutes long so that is probably enough for me. I don't remember what Cardio Core is like, if I've even previewed or done it but if it isn't enough cardio then I might add in the 20 minute cardio workout on the disc too.

Thursday: I really need yoga. I haven't done any flexibility in so long and I feel it. I'll either do a long practice from YCFE (I haven't done any of the longer practices yet and want to try them) or one of the compilations on Eoinn Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness probably.

Bonus workouts... possibly some FIRM, maybe some , possibly Cathe or Jari... we'll see.

Wish me luck!