RemedySpot.com

Re: Thursday - Kari 's Reach

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Great job w/ the workout Donna. I like Kari ..I would LOVE to see a pic! I have came to the conclusion that shorter hair almost always looks better on everyone...LOL.. I bet it's adorable. My husband hated it when I cut back. I look back at pics when it was so long and want to barf! I don't miss it WHATSOEVER!

Darcy

Hi Everyone,

Today I did a long time virgin (I'm not sure why it took me so long to do this workout - I love Kari!) - Kari 's Reach which is a very nice fusion workout of dance based toning, Pilates-inspired and yoga inspired exercises. Kari is wonderful as usual in her cueing and encouragement. The workout is divided into standing and floor work. The standing workout is pretty challenging on your balance and there is a tough plie sequence in there as well for the thighs. The floor work works the arms (planks/push-ups), legs (Pilates-style) and abs (also PIlates style). kari cues to flatten your back during the ab work, but I didn't do that, I kept my natural arch (I figured I have spent so mcuh time at the chiro regaining it that I shouldn't mess it up on purpose!) and that worked fine. At the end there are some nice yoga/Pilates inspired stretching done on the floor and standing. Overall this one is

a keeper and is great for a day when I want something a little more " active " than Pilates mat work.

Tomorrow I plan to hit the TM w/ cardio coach and then add in some Pilates or Classical Stretch. Saturday I have a busy day, but I'm going to get up early and exercise any way to get myself on track for the day. I tend to have better momentum when I have exercised first thing in the morning.

On a totally unrelated note, I got back from the hair stylist and I cut about 6 inches off. I like it so far - I couldn't take going out w/ wet hair morning after cold morning and not having it dry until noon. I may grow it back for the summer or I may just keep this curly bob thing going for awhile. I was worried it would make me look older, but I actually think it may make me look younger since I don't have as much hair dragging my face down (I have a small narrow face and a ton of hair!). DH isn't happy - but it is only hair and will grow back - at a time when I can deal w/ having wet hair for half a day! :)

Take care,

Donna

Oh, what did you do to your hair? Is it different from the pictures you posted? I'll see if I can get my DH to take a pic of me tonight and maybe I'll post it. It sure feels better and I think it might actually make me look younger b/c it isn't dragging my whole face down.

On a workout note - I don't have the Back Pain Relief DVD from Classical Stretch. GRR! May have to put it on my wish list. Today was an eye opening experience at the chiro, he basically "showed me" how imbalanced I am - my left side is way more flexible than the right - the right is sooo tight and imobile. UGH! I find it strange b/c I'm left handed, so if anything I would think it would be my left side that was messed up. I hope I can balance out soon. I'm tryin'!Donna

Hi Everyone,

Today I did a long time virgin (I'm not sure why it took me so long to do this workout - I love Kari!) - Kari 's Reach which is a very nice fusion workout of dance based toning, Pilates-inspired and yoga inspired exercises. Kari is wonderful as usual in her cueing and encouragement. The workout is divided into standing and floor work. The standing workout is pretty challenging on your balance and there is a tough plie sequence in there as well for the thighs. The floor work works the arms (planks/push- ups), legs (Pilates-style) and abs (also PIlates style). kari cues to flatten your back during the ab work, but I didn't do that, I kept my natural arch (I figured I have spent so mcuh time at the chiro regaining it that I shouldn't mess it up on purpose!) and that worked fine. At the end there are some nice yoga/Pilates inspired stretching done on the floor and standing. Overall this one

is a keeper and is great for a day when I want something a little more "active" than Pilates mat work.

Tomorrow I plan to hit the TM w/ cardio coach and then add in some Pilates or Classical Stretch. Saturday I have a busy day, but I'm going to get up early and exercise any way to get myself on track for the day. I tend to have better momentum when I have exercised first thing in the morning.

On a totally unrelated note, I got back from the hair stylist and I cut about 6 inches off. I like it so far - I couldn't take going out w/ wet hair morning after cold morning and not having it dry until noon. I may grow it back for the summer or I may just keep this curly bob thing going for awhile. I was worried it would make me look older, but I actually think it may make me look younger since I don't have as much hair dragging my face down (I have a small narrow face and a ton of hair!). DH isn't happy - but it is only hair and will grow back - at a time when I can deal w/ having wet hair for half a day! :)

Take care,

Donna

Hang in there Donna.... Sounds like you are doing as much as you can do for your back!!No, my hair is not any different than what you have seen. Pre-kids, I had it down to my butt! YUCK! loved it though and if it weren't for him I would have cut it long before I did.

Would love to see pics of yours. I bet it's darling!Darcy

Oh, what did you do to your hair? Is it different from the pictures you posted? I'll see if I can get my DH to take a pic of me tonight and maybe I'll post it. It sure feels better and I think it might actually make me look younger b/c it isn't dragging my whole face down.

On a workout note - I don't have the Back Pain Relief DVD from Classical Stretch. GRR! May have to put it on my wish list. Today was an eye opening experience at the chiro, he basically " showed me " how imbalanced I am - my left side is way more flexible than the right - the right is sooo tight and imobile. UGH! I find it strange b/c I'm left handed, so if anything I would think it would be my left side that was messed up. I hope I can balance out soon. I'm tryin'!

Donna

Hi Everyone,

Today I did a long time virgin (I'm not sure why it took me so long to do this workout - I love Kari!) - Kari 's Reach which is a very nice fusion workout of dance based toning, Pilates-inspired and yoga inspired exercises. Kari is wonderful as usual in her cueing and encouragement. The workout is divided into standing and floor work. The standing workout is pretty challenging on your balance and there is a tough plie sequence in there as well for the thighs. The floor work works the arms (planks/push- ups), legs (Pilates-style) and abs (also PIlates style). kari cues to flatten your back during the ab work, but I didn't do that, I kept my natural arch (I figured I have spent so mcuh time at the chiro regaining it that I shouldn't mess it up on purpose!) and that worked fine. At the end there are some nice yoga/Pilates inspired stretching done on the floor and standing. Overall this one

is a keeper and is great for a day when I want something a little more " active " than Pilates mat work.

Take care,

Donna

I just did the same thing. I just got rid of the long hair for that same reason! I feel free!

Hi Everyone,

Today I did a long time virgin (I'm not sure why it took me so long to do this workout - I love Kari!) - Kari 's Reach which is a very nice fusion workout of dance based toning, Pilates-inspired and yoga inspired exercises. Kari is wonderful as usual in her cueing and encouragement. The workout is divided into standing and floor work. The standing workout is pretty challenging on your balance and there is a tough plie sequence in there as well for the thighs. The floor work works the arms (planks/push-ups), legs (Pilates-style) and abs (also PIlates style). kari cues to flatten your back during the ab work, but I didn't do that, I kept my natural arch (I figured I have spent so mcuh time at the chiro regaining it that I shouldn't mess it up on purpose!) and that worked fine. At the end there are some nice yoga/Pilates inspired stretching done on the floor and standing. Overall this one is

a keeper and is great for a day when I want something a little more " active " than Pilates mat work.

Take care,

Donna

OH! This is in my virgin pile too! I really liked the step one in

this series, though I wasn't impressed with the abs one as I recall. I

MUST work out tomorrow, perhaps this one will fit the bill?