RemedySpot.com

Wednesday Workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Keep us posted Michell!!Great job!!!Darcy

Hi,

This morning I did the workout I've been scared to do again, Amy Bento All Pump Xtreme Timesaver Lower Body. This is the workout that made me almost immobile for about 3 days lol no, really... I was the most sore I think I've ever been in my entire lower body.

It didn't feel as hard this time, but my legs still felt wobbly at the end. I caught on to the hack squats a little better this time.

This only makes my second time doing this routine, but I still don't think I'll be quite as sore, at least I hope I'm not. I usually like being sore, but that was beyond what I like getting. So time will tell at this point. If I start feeling it by this evening then I know its going to be a bad experience, for sure lol

Have a great day today everyone!

~**~~**~

See AOL's top rated recipes and

easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

I heard she is coming out with some new workouts again. Anyone else hear that?Darcy

Hi,

This morning I did Turbo Jam Kickin' Core for the first time. This one reminded me of the other TJ workouts I've tried, a lot of the same chore. I should've wore my weighted gloves, I would've got a lot better workout.

I like the use of the ball and standing stuff right after the cardio. She calls it the core section, but I mostly felt it in my arms from holding the ball up. For some reason though, I just don't feel much whenever I do standing ab work.

It was a fun workout, but as I said, a lot like all the other TJ's. I burned 346 calories.

Have a great day!!

~**~~**~

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape

in the new year.

I spoke with Chalene a few weeks ago and for the moment she's focusing more on Turbo Kick, PiYo, Hip Hop Hustle, and Turbo Sculpt - her gym workouts. I'll let you know when I hear of new Turbo Jams coming out!

• 1 month later...

I looked ath this one on her website the other day and it looked very tough! Glad to hear you had so much fun with it! We actually have sunshine and no more new snow. Of course it is all of 11 degrees outside but it is pretty to look out the window anyway!

Wednesday workout

Hi,

This morning I sat and looked through all my Firm workouts and just couldn't find any that didn't include some kind of lower body and/or upper body.

I spotted a workout I hadn't done in a while so that's what I went with. Cathe's Cardio Kicks. This has always been a real fun one for me and I usually get a nice calorie burn with all the high impact and then of course the intensity drills.

I didn't think I was that sore in the upper body from PUB yesterday, but once I got to the arm drills my arms got really tired really fast lol

This workout felt great, I'm glad I did it. I burned 462 calories.

We got about 4 inches of snow last night and its still coming down.. ugh. I can't wait for spring.

Have a great day!!!

~~

Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

fitgrl222@... wrote:

> This morning was chest and triceps with a little bit of glute work

> thrown in the mix.

another fabulous workout michelle! ::high five::

:*carolyn.

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

Great workout, ! Great job on the push up challenge, too!

Sounds like you're really enjoying that, and getting a workout from it

as well. :)

Sara

>

> Hi,

> This morning I did Pyramid Lower Body. I really felt this

workout this

> time. I always use dumb bells for the first two exercises and then

switch to

> the bar bell for the rest.

>

>

fitgrl222@... wrote:

> I did it to myself again by doing a fairly intense cardio workout the

> day after a hard weight workout.

OMG, im sure that would totally kill me! i agree that it would

not feel pleasant. but the difference is that you actually DID

it! i would have laid on the couch instead...lol. so, yep, you

continue to inspire me every single day, michelle!

> If I miss one due to life getting in the way then I'm not going

> to worry about it. Its not like I'm planning on heading to the Olympics.

LOL, good point.

:*carolyn.

for my workout today, i biked with chinook for 20 mins in the morning

That's cute about Chinook and the cows lol

Glad you got a nice workout in.

~**~It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.

Hi !

She starts on August 27th - I posted before about what I think is gonna happen (I hope I'm wrong!) I hope samantha is okay now - I'm sorry to hear that she was crying and had a headache after school I think what they're doing is crazy in the schools!Hang in there,

Donna

Subject: Re: Wednesday workoutTo: exercisevideos Date: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 6:25 PM

Hi Donna,

Has your little girl started Kindergarten yet? I wasn't sure when you said she started.

~**~

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.

Could it be separation anxiety because he knows school is starting soon??

Re: Wednesday workout

I know you didn't ask me , but Sawyer starts September 2nd. I have mixed feelings about it. Normally, I would very much dread it. However, with this busy summer, I am looking forward to slowing down and maybe some normalcy to our routine. However, Sawyer has been horrible lately about being alone and me leaving and ya-da ya-da. I don't know what he's going through, but he's got some phobia about being left alone. I fear it is going to make adjusting for school a nightmare :(Darcy

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 5:25 PM, <fitgrl222aol> wrote:

Hi Donna,

Has your little girl started Kindergarten yet? I wasn't sure when you said she started.

~**~

Awwww!! I'm sorry to hear she's so tired ! I hope it will get better for her after the first month or so!!

In a message dated 8/22/2008 5:56:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time, exercise.junkiegmail writes:

I fear it is going to make adjusting for school a nightmare :(

Oh Darcy, I hate to hear that since he's so close to starting school. I talked to all the time about school and how fun it would be. It will take time for him to adjust, believe me. I'd just try to make it be as fun as possible. Let him go pick out things he'll need for school etc...

is just so worn out after having to be there all day long. She can't even eat supper she's so sleepy. They work them from the time they get there until they leave. No naps and very little play time.

I was concerned when she came home the other day. She was crying and said her head hurt. I asked her how she liked school and she said not so much, that she has to stay there too long. (sigh)

~**~

I was a preschool camp counselor and VERY involved in my kids' co-op preschool (even president our last year there, my kids thought I worked there and I might as well have been but I didn't get paid) and it was not at all unusual for one or more kids to be crying the first few days. Kindergarten is that way too (even 1st grade sometimes). One thing it means is that they feel very secure at home, so that's good! :-) It doesn't mean he isn't independent either, it just means he's scared. He's very young and it is VERY normal.

If you don't have the picture book "The Kissing Hand" you might consider getting it from the library or a bookstore. It is about a little raccoon who is going off to school for the first time and is terribly afraid to go. His mom kisses his hand and tells him he has a kissing hand to keep her with him all day long. It is very touching and I used it with both my kids. There is at least one or maybe more books that came after it that continue the story too and we liked those too. Other things that might be helpful are giving him a picture of your family to keep in his backpack or something special like a special toy or blanket that he finds comforting that he can keep in his backpack (but not take out to play with, most schools don't allow that because of the fear of it getting lost or damaged).

If you can, consider arranging a visit to the school before school starts. At least go and play on the playground. If you can, meet the teacher he'll have and tour the school or at least his classrooom. Teachers are very busy right now but always happy to take the time to meet with students and parents because they know it will make the first days easier on all of them.

Last tip: if you're dropping off instead of taking a bus, just drop him off even if he's crying (as long as there is an adult with him). Give him a hug and tell him you'll be back right at the end of school and LEAVE but NEVER sneak out! Very often, the kids whose parents hang around, trying to make sure the kid is okay is the kid who is the most upset and has the hardest time adjusting. The kids whose parents leave cry for a few minutes then get interested in what is going around them and do well. Sometimes they cry the entire first week but it is usually only for a few minutes and then they're fine. Parents who sneak out often have kids that end up not trusting anybody for quite a while.

Separation anxiety is a very real thing for kids and parents too. As school is getting ready to start a lot of kids (and moms) get much more emotional or act up a lot because they're anticipating the changes that are coming. It is very normal, natural and goes away on its own quickly too (usually). My kids usually have some degree of difficulty with the transition between school year and summer (beginning and end) and I see it in wilder behavior lately but when they were younger, especially my son, it was meltdown city (it has definitely improved over time). Being aware that these things WILL happen and preparing yourself and the kids for them (talking about school starting or ending, etc.) can help a lot but will not eliminate issues entirely because like it or not, it is normal.

(resident child know it all, not expert in anything)

Ugh.. she so sounds like my neice. She hates school and says it's just too long, and I soooo agree! They expect way too much out of children nowadays. My mom is always bugging me to homeschool. I sooo support homeschoolers!!Sawyer was in preschool last year and liked it once he got adjusted, but it was a horrible adjustment for him. I knew it was going to be hard and that he would cry. However, I was surprised that he was the ONLY child who did. Grr... It's upsetting because I'm a firm believer in attachment parenting, and we're very close. Everything I have read it says it's suppose to make them more independent. Not in the case of school-starting!! However, I am home with him all of the time, and I think most kids are used to being at the sitter nowadays so I suppose that makes a difference too.Anyway, I've talked about school to him a bit here and there and he replies "I think I changed my mind, and don't like school anymore". Great. He'll be going into first grade for his reading too. That may make it a bit more scarier on him as well.Oh well, what can you do. I just pray it's nothing like last year was. That was horrible. Poor guy had several days of sobbing :(Darcy

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 4:59 AM, <fitgrl222aol> wrote:

In a message dated 8/22/2008 5:56:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time, exercise.junkiegmail writes:

I fear it is going to make adjusting for school a nightmare :(

Oh Darcy, I hate to hear that since he's so close to starting school. I talked to all the time about school and how fun it would be. It will take time for him to adjust, believe me. I'd just try to make it be as fun as possible. Let him go pick out things he'll need for school etc...

is just so worn out after having to be there all day long. She can't even eat supper she's so sleepy. They work them from the time they get there until they leave. No naps and very little play time.

I was concerned when she came home the other day. She was crying and said her head hurt. I asked her how she liked school and she said not so much, that she has to stay there too long. (sigh)

~**~

• 2 weeks later...

Great workout, ! I have only dones this one once before. I think I'll add it in for sure now...

Donna

Subject: Wednesday workoutTo: CatheFans , exercisevideos , firmies4life Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 11:12 AM

Hi,

This morning I did Ripped 1000. This is a tough workout. I consider it a circuit workout. Some of the cardio is harder than others. I've only done this workout a couple times so I was a little unsure of what weights to pick up. Here's how it goes.

All the cardio's include using the step.

warm up 7's

cardio # 1

side squat lunge back/front raise- I started with 7's but had to drop to 5's and then I was still having to push

cardio # 2

stiff leg dead lift- 12's/ standing delt fly 7's

cardio # 3

pulse squats pulse lunges 5's

cardio # 4

push ups 70 -(for this I just went with my push up challenge and did as many as I could straight leg without stopping. With all the previous work before I wasn't none to strong. I did the first 25 on my toes and rested and pushed out a few more and rested. I did this a couple of times and managed to get a total of 45 all together. I know Jari does 70 so I guess I cheated a bit.

cardio- step

clean & press- 12's/ 10's

cardio- step

wide squat w/biceps curl 10's

cardio- step

tricep extension with leg abduction- (1) 10 LB I didn't do the extensions. Just too awkward to try and do the leg abductions at the same time.

cardio- step

chest press/chest fly- For this I did lying tricep extensions. Since I didn't work my triceps in the previous exercise and had done all those pushups I figured this was a good time to do them. I used 12's

cardio- step

abs

I skipped the abs as I always do with Jari's workouts, but I do think their not too bad in this workout. I might do them the next time.

I changed my HRM zone in a higher zone so I think that's a little bit better.

total time- 55m

Zone- 19 m

Avg- 137

Max 175

Calories-396

This is a fun workout and you get everything.. . cardio, legs, and upper body all in under an hour. I would say this workout ranks up there with a Cathe workout. Some of it is pretty intense.

I'm glad its over now though. I feel quite accomplished with that one. :)

Have a great day!!!

~**~

• 1 month later...