RemedySpot.com

Sunday workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Unfortunately we are going out to eat tonight, but at least I don't have to cook!

this is the first time that I'm cooking on a weekend day in probably 2 years. I hate it! I would much rather eat out on Sat and Sun. I cook all week long so I look forward to not cooking on the weekend, but its hard to believe that we're saving oodles of money a month by just eating at home one of the weekend days.

Knowing we're pretty much snowed in makes it easier to cook today though :))))

~**~~**~See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

I did a half-hour of Turbo Jam's Cardio Party - first time, and the moves confused me somewhat, but the energy is great.

once you do the workout a few times you will catch on to it and you will find it to be so much fun! I haven't done that one in a long time. I usually wear my weighted gloves and get a little extra workout.

Yummy on your dinner. My mouth is watering over here.

how often do you guy eat out, Kathy? We've been eating out on Sat and Sun for years. Through the week I cook, but I never cook anything out of a box. Its usually chicken (barbecued, baked, marinated, fried), roast, round steak or some type of casserole or soup. I cook like my mother always did for us growing up.

DH is a real meat and potato kind of guy and there are things that I cook for him that I choose not to eat myself such as fried chicken, sausage gravy, you get the idea.

He has recently decided to try to change his eating habits so I've been cooking different and we've actually been eating the same things at dinner time instead of me having to make 2 different suppers. I have to admit, it would be nice to have to have piece of fried chicken that I prepared lol or even a big sausage sandwich. that would be just as good as eating out lol

I cook dinner almost every night. I actually like to cook. We have 'junk food night' on Fridays where I will make tacos, burgers, cheesesteaks or we get a pizza or chinese. Our own junk food meals are a lot healthier than most of the stuff you get out.

Kathy

Re: Sunday workout

In a message dated 12/16/2007 12:48:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, kvetro60comcast (DOT) net writes:

Unfortunately we are going out to eat tonight, but at least I don't have to cook!

this is the first time that I'm cooking on a weekend day in probably 2 years. I hate it! I would much rather eat out on Sat and Sun. I cook all week long so I look forward to not cooking on the weekend, but its hard to believe that we're saving oodles of money a month by just eating at home one of the weekend days.

Knowing we're pretty much snowed in makes it easier to cook today though :))))

~**~~**~

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Good workout, ! We're having roast beef, mashed potatoes, carrots and onions (cooked around the roast - yum), and I'm going to make Yorkshire Pudding (bad news for calories, but SO good). It's been a good day - kids have had a blast in the snow, dh has shovelled and therefore, got some exercise (!), and I have done my workout and housework. Just taking a coffee break before making the yorkies.

I did a half-hour of Turbo Jam's Cardio Party - first time, and the moves confused me somewhat, but the energy is great. I wanted to take it easy on my knees, so I stopped at 30 mins, took a break, and then finished up with a 25-min walk on the tmill.

I have not even thought of a goal for 2008, so I'm glad that people are thinking out loud about theirs. I know I'm not burning enough calories per day, so that's likely the route I'll go, goal-wise.

-----Original Message-----From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ]On Behalf Of fitgrl222@...

Hi,

This morning I did a Drill Max premix.

I did the cardio only premix and it was just as I remember, TOUGH! There is absolutely no air time at all lol The blast I dislike the most is the one with the stability ball, I get really breathless here. I've done this blast without using the ball before and its still really tough, but the ball gets the arms tired.

I burned 306 calories so I'm happy with that since the workout isn't long.

Making chili today. We got about 8 inches of snow and about an inch of ice. The wind is blowing at around 30 mph... so its really nasty here.

Have a great day!!!!

~**~~**~

• 3 weeks later...

Great job ! I have yet to try Cathes other workous off her 4ds. I've done just the kickboxing one. Maybe tomorrow!?DarcyOn Jan 6, 2008 9:45 AM, <

fitgrl222@...> wrote:

Hi,

This morning I didn't want to workout at all so I had to push myself a little bit. Once I got started I was fine and had a really good workout.

I did 4 Day Split Low Impact Step. LOVE this routine. I can't say which combo I like the best because I love them all. The music and the combos really make you want to move.

After the cardio I did the calves and core. I hate the beginning of the ab routine where they are doing the fast moving legs. I feel nothing in my abs, just my hip flexors. I'll come up with a substitute for that one next time.

I burned 422 calories.

I hope you all are having a nice weekend.

~**~~**~

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape

in the new year.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Wow , this color is hard to read, kind of too light....I guess I should put on my glasses LOL! Good job on working out. I haven't done my workout yet. I was waiting for someone to respond to my question about BIU and whether or not Debbie's form for Kickboxing was good or not...guess no ones around. Jen fitgrl222@... wrote: Hi, This morning I debated with what cardio to do. I wanted something I hadn't done in a long time and that wasn't too awful hard. I went with a real oldie Step Heat. This is a very repetitive workout (as all of Cathe's older stuff is) but I don't mind it as much as I mind BM2 and LIC for some reason. I guess because I know its an older workout and they were pretty much all that way then, I don't know, but it just doesn't annoy me near as much. The only thing that does bother me a little bit is how the step cool down is so long. I got a nice calorie burn (454 calories) and didn't have to feel like I was killing myself. My heart rate felt pretty much at an easy medium throughout the workout. I hope you all are enjoying your weekend. ~~ Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I decided to get my workout done early. We're going out of town to eat with family and then when we get back we have some shopping to do and walk the dogs. So needless to say, it was best I did my workout this morning.

I did Step, Jump, & Pump warm up, step, and all 4 hi/lo sections. I ended with the abs.

When I got to the plank work I decided that would be a good time to throw in some pushups. I did 30 straight leg without stopping. Then I rested for about a minute and pushed out 15 more. So I was patting myself on the back for that one. I did miss the plank work, but I do think the pushups work your abs too.

I can tell I'm getting a little bit stronger with the pushups. With this weeks workouts I'll have a hard time getting any pushup work in because I'll probably be sore a good part of the time, but we'll see.

On my HRM I was thinking ... to find out how long I was in my zone just for the cardio I would need to stop it before going down to do floor work because I don't usually stay in my zone at all there. Those of you that use a HRM do you go by the numbers for the entire workout including floor stuff or just for cardio? I've usually always just kept it on for the entire time, but then I know I'm out of my zone once the cardio is over. At the end it talleys up everything including the floor stuff.

Enough rambling.

I hope you all are enjoying your workout.

Now I can feel a little less guilty when I get dessert today :))))

workout time- 55m

zone- 15 m

avg153

max184

calories- 485

Have a great Sunday!!!

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Darcy who says you deserve every bite of your dessert today!

Thanks Darcy!! :)

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Darcy who says you deserve every bite of your dessert today!

Thanks Darcy!! :)

• 2 months later...

I miss those workouts . I had them on VHS and sold them years ago. That was the combination I used to do quite often when I didn't feel like hitting the Slim Series but wanted to get a nice variety of work done. Good job.

--Kathy Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius. Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you? Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius

-------------- Original message --------------

I took a rest day yesterday. Today I did Slim in 6 Keep it Up. I tagged on Slim @ 6 Pack, and Slim & Limber.I hadn't done those in ages. I seriously dread the floorwork, but I'm glad it's done. I also don't like the triceps with the bands, so I subbed a French press using a 12 pound kettlebell.I also used a heavier band, so it really killed on the biceps curls and rows.Happy workouts!

• 3 weeks later...

That one is brilliant. Why did I give that one away? I was just thinking about it this morning while I was doing P.M. Yoga. Yes, I do PM Yoga in the morning, LOL.There's so much to be said for relaxing and stretching. I've always ended up with problems when I skimp on that.

Hope you continue to feel better!

Yes, I did something. Well, a little something. I am still recovering from being sick after all. I did Rodney Yee's Yoga for Meditation. I think it is my favorite yoga practice of all the ones I have. It's very gentle. Anyone can do it, even someone who is sick or recovering from injury. I think the toughest pose is downward dog. So it wouldn't be for anyone who wants to get a good sweat or tough practice. But it is fabulous for those wanting to relax and just stretch. It's a typical Rodney with an outdoor setting and voice over instruction. Very artsy and reflective.

Tonya

Thanks! I've really enjoyed my yoga week that I'm doing. I think it is healing.

Tonya

Re: Sunday Workout

That one is brilliant. Why did I give that one away? I was just thinking about it this morning while I was doing P.M. Yoga. Yes, I do PM Yoga in the morning, LOL.There's so much to be said for relaxing and stretching. I've always ended up with problems when I skimp on that.Hope you continue to feel better!

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Tonya - <tonyatrainingwithtonya> wrote:

Yes, I did something. Well, a little something. I am still recovering from being sick after all. I did Rodney Yee's Yoga for Meditation. I think it is my favorite yoga practice of all the ones I have. It's very gentle. Anyone can do it, even someone who is sick or recovering from injury. I think the toughest pose is downward dog. So it wouldn't be for anyone who wants to get a good sweat or tough practice. But it is fabulous for those wanting to relax and just stretch. It's a typical Rodney with an outdoor setting and voice over instruction. Very artsy and reflective.

Tonya