RemedySpot.com

OT - help stitches heal.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I went through a car windscreen in a bad car accident when I was 16 and damaged my face pretty bad - then had subsequent facial surgeries. There were two things that the two plastic surgeons emphasised - firstly avoid infection at all costs, make sure he washes his hands before touching the scars, it's so easy to get a facial wound infected and it increases the risk of scarring.

Secondly keep it moist for a good length of time while it is healing (I can't remember how long I was told to do this - at least for 6 days) - don't let it form any hard scabs, just softish ones. I used Vaseline on my face when it had wounds on it. It forms a barrier to and keeps it moist but I'm sure you could find something better now.

Also, once the scars are getting better you can use silicone either in a gel or in a sheet (applied at night). It helps the scars to heal better and reduces the redness, etc. I think these are now available without a prescription, when I used them I had to get a prescription for them.

Good luck!

Darla

I'd also suggest a bit of extra zinc. Glad he wasn't hurt more than that.Anita>> > Hi all,> > Mimi's boyfriend was attacked last night (he's fine) he has a cut from > the corner of his mouth down towards his chin (like the joker in > batman) The tear's gone right through and he's got silicon holding it > together on the inside and stitches on the outside.> I caught him smoking and told him off about that, but what else can he > take to promote healing and reduce the risk of scarring his pretty boy > face? (he's a bit of a dish actually - a mix between j timberlake and > last years x factor winner, shane something)> > jane>

Secondly keep it moist for a good length of time while it is healing (I can't remember how long I was told to do this - at least for 6 days) - don't let it form any hard scabs, just softish ones. I used Vaseline on my face when it had wounds on it. It forms a barrier to and keeps it moist but I'm sure you could find something better now

>>>Its messy but Manuka? The Manuka.co.uk people do an ointment thats 40% Manuka and a tube of Manuka for easy application. The ointment one isn't too sticky, I am using without a dressing in my armpit (OMG what a saddo but I has nasty reaction to the sterile dressings.....sigh)

Mandi x

Hi all,

Mimi's boyfriend was attacked last night (he's fine) he has a cut from

the corner of his mouth down towards his chin (like the joker in

batman) The tear's gone right through and he's got silicon holding it

together on the inside and stitches on the outside.

I caught him smoking and told him off about that, but what else can he

take to promote healing and reduce the risk of scarring his pretty boy

face? (he's a bit of a dish actually - a mix between j timberlake and

last years x factor winner, shane something)

jane

Absolutely, undubitably and without any hesitation whatsoever and with great aplomb

VITAMIN D

( It hinders cell proliferation and promotes cell differentiation which translated means good for healing.)

OT - help stitches heal.

Hi all,Mimi's boyfriend was attacked last night (he's fine) he has a cut from the corner of his mouth down towards his chin (like the joker in batman) The tear's gone right through and he's got silicon holding it together on the inside and stitches on the outside.I caught him smoking and told him off about that, but what else can he take to promote healing and reduce the risk of scarring his pretty boy face? (he's a bit of a dish actually - a mix between j timberlake and last years x factor winner, shane something)jane

I'd also suggest a bit of extra zinc. Glad he wasn't hurt more than

that.

Anita

>

>

> Hi all,

>

> Mimi's boyfriend was attacked last night (he's fine) he has a cut

from

> the corner of his mouth down towards his chin (like the joker in

> batman) The tear's gone right through and he's got silicon holding

it

> together on the inside and stitches on the outside.

> I caught him smoking and told him off about that, but what else can

he

> take to promote healing and reduce the risk of scarring his pretty

boy

> face? (he's a bit of a dish actually - a mix between j timberlake

and

> last years x factor winner, shane something)

>

> jane

>

Honey! especially Manuka.

Natasa

> >

> >

> > Hi all,

> >

> > Mimi's boyfriend was attacked last night (he's fine) he has a cut

> from

> > the corner of his mouth down towards his chin (like the joker in

> > batman) The tear's gone right through and he's got silicon holding

> it

> > together on the inside and stitches on the outside.

> > I caught him smoking and told him off about that, but what else can

> he

> > take to promote healing and reduce the risk of scarring his pretty

> boy

> > face? (he's a bit of a dish actually - a mix between j timberlake

> and

> > last years x factor winner, shane something)

> >

> > jane

> >

>

My dd burnt her leg very badly when she was about 16 and we used Vitamin E squeezed directly on the burn.

When we increased elderberry extract my dgd got about 10 sore, chicken pox looking things they we were sure would scar as they itched so bad nothing would help, so she scratched them. We used the E again, directly on them as well as orally....and no scars.

OT - help stitches heal.

Hi all,Mimi's boyfriend was attacked last night (he's fine) he has a cut from the corner of his mouth down towards his chin (like the joker in batman) The tear's gone right through and he's got silicon holding it together on the inside and stitches on the outside.I caught him smoking and told him off about that, but what else can he take to promote healing and reduce the risk of scarring his pretty boy face? (he's a bit of a dish actually - a mix between j timberlake and last years x factor winner, shane something)jane