RemedySpot.com

sensory issues still our biggest problem can biomed help sensory problems?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Our boys sensory issues are still his greatest challenges and i dont

know how biomed can address the proprioceptive/vestibular systems,

but if so, i sure would like to know.

our boy is a sensory seeking missile, he has a lot of skills, he is

like a jack of all trades, master of none, cause he never sits long

enough to truly learn about something or develop imagination about

it.

he is caught in a time warp of doing what is inside his immature

comfort zone. we are trying very hard to introduce new things to him

slowly very slowly, so that he can develop skills and new interests.

but BOY IS IT HARD.

I spent most of our time on biomed, thinking it would address the

sensory issues, its not though. On the whole, biomed has made huge

differences to our boy, he is talking! But until we get his sensory

needs addressed he will remain in a holding pattern. Even the biomed

we do is not addressing him individually, we have thrown a lot of

things at him with very little effect, though some things like

vitamin D have been huge.

my question to you all is, if biomed addresses autism, in its

entirety, how can it address the sensory systems, which after all

have been messed about by whatever caused autism in the first place,

i.e. metals, lack of detox pathways, etc.

just looking for some answers on this rather depressing day.

i feel like we are having to start at the beginning AGAIN, at the age

of 5,even after years of biomed, ABA and school systems. I dont know

if i have the energy to start over. I wish i was 30 again!!

Don't know if this helps a bit but a paed who posts on the Childrens Apraxia net suggests that Vitamin E deficiency can present very similarly to DSI some people are using pretty high doses of d-E 800 - 1200 iu (incl gamma) together with EPA, DHA and GLA using the apraxia list protocol (I think high dose fish oil which only contains minimal E can deplete Vitamin E). I read you must supp with A once over 400 iu of E but the Apraxia list don't favour CLO (they talk about regression with that) - Our child is the opposite of yours hyper-vestibular and very tactile defensive but we have seen some good results + moderate, good quality US d-E eg he started washing his palms (he was v. defensive about them), became more able to tolerate motion, putting his head back in his door hammock, swinging etc The drawback is when increasing E you can go thru a pretty bad sensory seeking month or so. He's been lucky in that we have had really good SI OT

also.bbrowne123 wrote: Our boys sensory issues are still his greatest challenges and i dont know how biomed can address the proprioceptive/vestibular systems, but if so, i sure would like to know. our boy is a sensory seeking missile, he has a lot of skills, he is like a jack of all trades, master of none, cause he never sits long enough to truly learn about something or develop imagination about it. he is caught in a time warp of doing what is inside his immature comfort

zone. we are trying very hard to introduce new things to him slowly very slowly, so that he can develop skills and new interests.but BOY IS IT HARD.I spent most of our time on biomed, thinking it would address the sensory issues, its not though. On the whole, biomed has made huge differences to our boy, he is talking! But until we get his sensory needs addressed he will remain in a holding pattern. Even the biomed we do is not addressing him individually, we have thrown a lot of things at him with very little effect, though some things like vitamin D have been huge. my question to you all is, if biomed addresses autism, in its entirety, how can it address the sensory systems, which after all have been messed about by whatever caused autism in the first place, i.e. metals, lack of detox pathways, etc. just looking for some answers on this rather depressing day. i feel like we are having to start at the

beginning AGAIN, at the age of 5,even after years of biomed, ABA and school systems. I dont know if i have the energy to start over. I wish i was 30 again!!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.