RemedySpot.com

firm total body time crunch(vol.4)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://ldysolana.blogspot.com/ my post for the morningthis morning was firm vol. 4

or otherwise known as total body time crunch. this is from what is

known as the classics. the first 6 firm workouts to hit the market in

the early/late 80's that introduced women(and men) to aerobic weight

training. this workout is the second of the firms to introduce the firm

box. the box was basically a wooden stool to do step aerobics and leg

toning exercises on. i have a high step so i can change height to make workouts harder or easier. this is a great piece of equipment works great with all firms, as well as cathe and whatnot LOL.

anyway, a great mix of some cardio workout and weight work. the weights

sometimes added resistance to cardio b/c you are using light weights to

do combination of upper/lower body moves. mainly squats and step ups.

there is not traditional weight workout(ie sets/reps etc) but almost

circuit style of doing exercises with heavier weights and repeating a

combo like deal. this is more shoulder heavy then arms/back/chest.

although their are some exercises for it, it mainly has exercises for

shoulders especially during combination exercises. susan harris(from

the vol.1 original firm) and kai soremekun lead. they alternate for

each "circuit" so to speak. susan leads what seems like a long set of

abs.

the best part is the workout is 42 min long but the non stop of the

workout keeps it challenging to keep up but makes it effective

otherwise.

so far this has been a great week of workouts :-)

ldy_solana's fitness blogldy_solana's domainScouting for All Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don¢t want to impress people they don¢t like.-Will

Hi Kassia,I still like these old Firms. I actually have the old wooden box. I bought it when Vol 2 came out! However, that one is now used as a step stool in the kitchen because I use that high step. I'm short, so the 14 " step was always just a little bit too tall for me. That high step is wonderful, isn't it?

2008/12/4 Kassia

http://ldysolana.blogspot.com/ my post for the morningthis morning was firm vol. 4

or otherwise known as total body time crunch. this is from what is

known as the classics. the first 6 firm workouts to hit the market in

the early/late 80's that introduced women(and men) to aerobic weight

training. this workout is the second of the firms to introduce the firm

box. the box was basically a wooden stool to do step aerobics and leg

toning exercises on. i have a high step so i can change height to make workouts harder or easier. this is a great piece of equipment works great with all firms, as well as cathe and whatnot LOL.

anyway, a great mix of some cardio workout and weight work. the weights

sometimes added resistance to cardio b/c you are using light weights to

do combination of upper/lower body moves. mainly squats and step ups.

there is not traditional weight workout(ie sets/reps etc) but almost

circuit style of doing exercises with heavier weights and repeating a

combo like deal. this is more shoulder heavy then arms/back/chest.

although their are some exercises for it, it mainly has exercises for

shoulders especially during combination exercises. susan harris(from

the vol.1 original firm) and kai soremekun lead. they alternate for

each " circuit " so to speak. susan leads what seems like a long set of

abs.

the best part is the workout is 42 min long but the non stop of the

workout keeps it challenging to keep up but makes it effective

otherwise.

so far this has been a great week of workouts :-)

ldy_solana's fitness blog

ldy_solana's domainScouting for All

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

-Will

i have some old firms left. i am searching for a good copy of vol.3. my got a little eaten up :-( . i also have vol. 1,tough aerobic mix, super cardio mix, core cardio 1,and vol.6. i used to have a ton of firms but traded most away. the BSS sets personally weren't doing much for me anymore. i LOVE my high step!!! ldy_solana's fitness blogldy_solana's domainScouting for All Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don¢t want to impress people they don¢t like.-Will Subject: Re: firm total body time crunch(vol.4)To: exercisevideos Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 9:36 AM

Hi Kassia,I still like these old Firms. I actually have the old wooden box. I bought it when Vol 2 came out! However, that one is now used as a step stool in the kitchen because I use that high step. I'm short, so the 14" step was always just a little bit too tall for me. That high step is wonderful, isn't it?

How high is a "high" step?

(and how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? sorry... the first question just made me think of the 2nd... feel free to ignore my silliness but I'd still appreciate an answer about the high step! Thanks!)

Re: firm total body time crunch(vol.4)

Great job Kassia with the workout. You make me want to do a firm. It has been EONS since I did one. I've never been a huge firm girl, but I still like them once in awhile.Ditto on the high step. I love it. I have 3 of them (2 in my gym, 1 in my house). They are irreplaceable!Darcy

2008/12/4 Kassia <ldy_solana>

http://ldysolana.blogspot.com/ my post for the morningthis morning was firm vol. 4 or otherwise known as total body time crunch. this is from what is known as the classics. the first 6 firm workouts to hit the market in the early/late 80's that introduced women(and men) to aerobic weight training. this workout is the second of the firms to introduce the firm box. the box was basically a wooden stool to do step aerobics and leg toning exercises on. i have a high step so i can change height to make workouts harder or easier. this is a great piece of equipment works great with all firms, as well as cathe and whatnot LOL. anyway, a great mix of some cardio workout and weight work. the weights sometimes added resistance to cardio b/c you are using light weights to do combination of upper/lower body moves. mainly squats and step ups. there is not traditional weight workout(ie sets/reps etc) but almost circuit style of doing exercises with heavier weights and repeating a combo like deal. this is more shoulder heavy then arms/back/chest. although their are some exercises for it, it mainly has exercises for shoulders especially during combination exercises. susan harris(from the vol.1 original firm) and kai soremekun lead. they alternate for each "circuit" so to speak. susan leads what seems like a long set of abs.the best part is the workout is 42 min long but the non stop of the workout keeps it challenging to keep up but makes it effective otherwise. so far this has been a great week of workouts :-)

ldy_solana's fitness blogldy_solana's domainScouting for All Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

-Will

Good job Kassia! I think it was you who may have given me some of

these very old Firms and I enjoy watching them! I tried one of them

early in the morning once when my brain wasn't turned on all the way

yet and yes, the pace is non-stop! I had trouble keeping up going

from the step to weights and not knowing what to grab, but someday I'd

like to try these again. I find this to be true with a lot of Firm

workouts.

This frustrating aspect of the Firm workouts is precisely what I

really love about them! At the gym the strength workouts are

formatted like Jari Love's Ripped workouts, so when I tried a Firm

workout for the first time I enjoyed not knowing what was next and if