RemedySpot.com

Sunday - TM/Yoga for Stress Relief - lower back

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

Well, I'd probably be a little farther along in my recovery from my recent injury, but I spent the whole day yesterday on my feet doing either housework/animal clean-up max or the baking workout. So, as a result, I'm a bit stiff this morning. Still, I did want to get back to exercising b/c inactivity is not good either. So I hopped on the TM for a walk. I was quite stiff through the first mile, but then my back loosened up nicely and I managed to walk for 4 miles at a decent pace - I finished in around 50 minutes. No jogging intervals, though. Figured that would have to wait a while.

Since my back is still pretty stiff, some Pilates exercises are still uncomfortable, so I did the Yoga for Stress Relief Lower Back Tension session again. It all felt pretty good, although the child's pose and modified downward dog didn't feel great. I think there is still a lot of tension in my lower back. Hopefully things will keep loosening up. Fortunately, I have less baking and cleaning to do today - just normal stuff and I think I'm going to take advantage of some down time and try to rest for a bit.

I'm still miffed at myself for re-injuring my back doing something that I KNEW I should not have done. GRRR. My other Exhale workout arrived and it is in the trade pile in shrink-wrap, no way am I taking any more chances w/ those styles of workouts. Definately not worth the pain. I figure this is the push I need to cleanse my collection of the "evil-back-hurters" Plus, if they're gone, I won't be tempted to try them! :)

Tomorrow I'll likely do some more walking, maybe try some Pilates or Classical Stretch - all depending on how my back is feeling.

Take care,

Donna