RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: from Chalene re: ChaLEAN Extreme

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks ! The heaviest dumbbell I own is 15lb but it won't be hard to get a 20lb set as well. I also have a barbell that goes from 5lbs to 40lbs plus a purple, red, and green band.

--Kathy Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius. Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you? Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius

-------------- Original message --------------

You don't need to buy new weights to do this program, I asked her. Itold her I had 20 lb dumbells and for most women that is enough. Onlyif you're or Darcy would you maybe need more *L*I would just get the dvd's and use what equipment you already have.>> I know, that's why I am kind of on the fence with this one. I maystart out> with the cheaper Reebok adjustable weights that seem to be on saleat Target

Oh, I'm sure a time when I didn't lift as heavy or seriously 20 was fine for me too :) I am guessing you could also double up on the weights you already do have too if you didn't want to get more sets or the adjustable weights. The thought of adjustable weights does nothing for me. I like having all of my weights. :)

Dary

You don't need to buy new weights to do this program, I asked her. I

told her I had 20 lb dumbells and for most women that is enough. Only

if you're or Darcy would you maybe need more *L*

I would just get the dvd's and use what equipment you already have.

>

> I know, that's why I am kind of on the fence with this one. I may

start out

> with the cheaper Reebok adjustable weights that seem to be on sale

at Target

> You don't need to buy new weights to do this program, I asked her. I

> told her I had 20 lb dumbells and for most women that is enough.

i was going by what a woman from the test group said (as it was

the only info i could find on dumbell requirements for these

workouts). she said:

" Just to give you a range we used 5-7 pounds for the warm-up,

12-20 for arms (bis, tris, delts), 20-30 for chest and back,

25-35 for legs (squats and lunges) "

:*carolyn.

I doubt they are still there, this was back at the beginning of the year (Jan or Feb). It might be worth a look, but I can't imagine they still have them.

Noah

How long ago did you get them? Might they still be on clearance?!? >> I have to Bowflex set and you do turn the two ends oppisite ways, not sure> why, but that's the way it is. I got mine for 75% off at GNC when they were> clearancing them out, so I just deal with it. Once you get the hang

of> using them though it really doesn't seem like it takes any longer than> regular dumbbells and they take up a whole lot less space in my small> apartment> > Noah>

Is there a significance to the colors on the bands or does each company do its own thing? I have a pink stretchy band from (and a broken purple one) and a green one from 10 Min. Solution Tone Trouble Zones with Amy Bento and I'm wondering too how I can know if one is heavy, medium or light.

Thanks ! The heaviest dumbbell I own is 15lb but it won't be hard to get a 20lb set as well. I also have a barbell that goes from 5lbs to 40lbs plus a purple, red, and green band.

--Kathy Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius. Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you? Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "Pink" <pinkpussycatpinkpussycatscorner>

You don't need to buy new weights to do this program, I asked her. Itold her I had 20 lb dumbells and for most women that is enough. Onlyif you're or Darcy would you maybe need more *L*I would just get the dvd's and use what equipment you already have.>> I know, that's why I am kind of on the fence with this one. I maystart out> with the cheaper Reebok adjustable weights that seem to be on saleat Target

Each band should have a different resistance level. I think the pink bands were the lightest, followed by purple, then red, then green. It also depends if you purchase all from the same manufacturer since they all probably use different colors for different levels.

Kathy

From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ] On Behalf Of DeWolfSent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 10:01 PMTo: exercisevideos Subject: Re: Re: from Chalene re: ChaLEAN Extreme

Is there a significance to the colors on the bands or does each company do its own thing? I have a pink stretchy band from (and a broken purple one) and a green one from 10 Min. Solution Tone Trouble Zones with Amy Bento and I'm wondering too how I can know if one is heavy, medium or light.

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "Pink" <pinkpussycatpinkpussycatscorner>

It depends on the brand as to which ones are heavy and which ones are light. The ones I get are from Power Systems and they are the standard that I've seen in Physical Therapy, both from my time as a client and from my studies. Yellow is the lightest, Green is the next lightest, Red is medium, Blue is heavy, and Black is extra heavy. I don't know anything about the pink or purple as I haven't seen any like them. I'm sure that brand has their own breakdown too though, so you might see if you can find the manufacturer.

Tonya