RemedySpot.com

back from Long Beach

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well I got back late Monday night from my trip to AKC Agility Invitational in Long Beach Ca.First it is an honor to be invited - they only take top 5 agility dogs in each breed so I was happy that my first agility dog has made it to that level. The event is fabulous fun. It consists of 4 rounds (2 standard courses and 2 jumpers with weaves for anyone who does agility). They take the top 10 dogs in each jump height for finals (which will be on Animal Planet) as long as they are different breeds (i.e. if the top 2 20 inch dogs are border collies only the top one goes). Well I was in 14th place (out of 100 dogs) after first 2 rounds. I pushed my dog to get into top place German shorthair in Round 3 and I messed her up getting wrong course. We ran the final

round 4 clean... oh well not bad for first time out. Animal Planet did film my dog getting a massage - we will see if that makes the cut!I am impressed with everyone keepin up their workouts over holiday party/shopping season. I am moving end of month so no time for workouts except dog walking, cleaning and packing until Jan when I start my fitness challenge group again. Iam moving to (can't imagine) smaller place to save $$. I tried to order ChaLEAN but couldn't get deluxe version I wanted?? I was going to start with bands thru first months and then do dumbbells. I will see if I can get the deluxe version later - the beachbody site is a mess to me.judy s in MD

How exciting! You'll have to let us know when it airs so we can watch. I'll have to put Angie up in another room so she doesn't bark at the dogs on tv, but it will be fun to see you!

Tonya

back from Long Beach

Well I got back late Monday night from my trip to AKC Agility Invitational in Long Beach Ca.First it is an honor to be invited - they only take top 5 agility dogs in each breed so I was happy that my first agility dog has made it to that level. The event is fabulous fun. It consists of 4 rounds (2 standard courses and 2 jumpers with weaves for anyone who does agility). They take the top 10 dogs in each jump height for finals (which will be on Animal Planet) as long as they are different breeds (i.e. if the top 2 20 inch dogs are border collies only the top one goes). Well I was in 14th place (out of 100 dogs) after first 2 rounds. I pushed my dog to get into top place German shorthair in Round 3 and I messed her up getting wrong course. We ran the final round 4 clean... oh well not bad for first time out. Animal Planet did film my dog getting a massage - we will see if that makes the cut!I am impressed with everyone keepin up their workouts over holiday party/shopping season. I am moving end of month so no time for workouts except dog walking, cleaning and packing until Jan when I start my fitness challenge group again. Iam moving to (can't imagine) smaller place to save $$. I tried to order ChaLEAN but couldn't get deluxe version I wanted?? I was going to start with bands thru first months and then do dumbbells. I will see if I can get the deluxe version later - the beachbody site is a mess to me.judy s in MD